suprefan

Thrice

6,354 posts in this topic

how much of a dick does teppei look like for not breaking up the band for his kids.

asians.

he's got two sons.

i think dustin's just trying to keep his daughters "off the pole" as chris rock would say.

Well shit. Best of luck to the guys. Growing up happens to all of us.

P.S. lol@the comment section on the blog for this reason:

--------------------------------

zachary garren

hahaha

--------------------------------

Edited by Matthias

I am really depressed by this news. I am curious how long they've had this decision made.

But I was comforted when they said while promoting this album that they've found a good groove of recording as a normal day job's hours then touring for a month and a half at a time so it's not so over bearing.

But I understand the decision. Never honestly thought I'd see the day. I wish they would just be a recording band at this point and put out records and say fuck it to touring, except here and there. But this just feels too weird. Even though he says they are not breaking up, I dunno...if it were five years, still sounds like way too long a time. Fuck my life

Edited by cardinal

This is officially the worst year added onto the worst birthday I've ever had. I fucking hate life and I fucking hate that Thrice is dead. I'm probably going to like 4 so cal shows in the spring.

1. HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH - I TOLD YOU SO to the people that called a few of us idiots for thinking Thrice were gonna take a break. That serves you right. I want to go back and find your dickish posts to name and shame you. But instead, I'll move to point 2.

2. I'm not as upset as I thought I would be. The wording was pretty hopeful, and it sounds like a lot of it has to do with touring more than the recording and writing part. The Beatles were best when they were in the studio every year writing amazing songs. Thrice are best at song-writing. Maybe it's because I live in Australia and tours are pretty rare, but to me it is all about a good cd rather than a good live show. I'd love for Thrice to be a recording-band, if it is still possible to survive doing that (which I very very much doubt). Regardless, I'm also interested to see where the other band members go from here and we may have some fresh new amazing bands out of this.

3. Fucking Jon. Always make me laugh. The special K line was perfect.

I want Riley and Eddie to form a mathy, heavy, ambient band.

Like, it's mandatory.

I would probably enjoy this more than I have recent Thrice albums. Hopefully it will happen, and soon.