suprefan

Thrice

6,357 posts in this topic

Does anyone remember that band that Dustin did guest vocals on one song. 3xFast? If anyone has any of their stuff or that song, that would be clutch. I was just reminiscing about listening to them and old punk bands like Homegrown.

Does anyone remember that band that Dustin did guest vocals on one song. 3xFast? If anyone has any of their stuff or that song, that would be clutch. I was just reminiscing about listening to them and old punk bands like Homegrown.

Completely forgot about that song. What was it called? I think I have it somewhere, I just can't remember what the title of the track!

haha hilarious, thanks for posting that...

Bottom line: The only people I want to talk to when I have my penis in my hand are my girlfriend, and perhaps a physician of some sort. (Note: Not at the same time.) Let's save the small talk for when we have our flies zipped and our pants buttoned, folks.

They were so potent that I'd go so far as to say it was the second most epic display of stealth farting I've ever had the misfortune of experiencing. (First place goes to a slightly overweight man that stood in front of me as I sat on a New York subway and farted IN MY MOUTH just before he exited the train.)

favorite parts^

Looks like they updated the ol' blog.

Hey everyone. Writing is going really well. Right now, we are basically getting into the studio 3 days a week and cranking out as many “jams” as we can. We’ll take someone’s idea and start playing it together and see where it goes, and then record the result so we don’t forget. Once we get enough “jams” done we’ll start fine tuning them into songs. There were even a couple “jams” that happened when I was on vacation, and they were especially rad I thought. One was based on one of my demos, so it was cool to see what the 3 dudes did with a super ghetto recording of me singing and playing something into my phone. Kind of fun and healthy to hand off an idea for a second. You can get too attached and loose sight of the bigger picture sometimes.

Anyway, the dudes are shredding. Everyone is playing super well and I’m mostly trying to stay out of the way and focus on melodies at this point.

Peace – DK

Anyone else getting excited?

i'm not holding my breath on this record. beggars and TAI ultimately disappointed me after the glory that was vheissu.

they need to return to better song structures a la IOS, and stuff like For Miles. For Miles is brilliant.

with TAI and some of beggars they got in the habit of songs that were so similar. Intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, outro. this is seen in songs like firebreather, the messenger, digital sea, open water, broken lungs, circles, wood and wire and various others. shit's getting old. i don't care if they shred ever again or play hard music ever again, i want some of the stuff that got me into thrice in the first place, the interesting lyrics, time signatures, song structures, etc.

that's not to say they haven't done it AT ALL, but just not as much and not as great since vheissu at least.

although i will say, i think soundwise and production all that jazz, TAI and Beggars own their other albums. I love the way beggars was recorded and how it sounds.

/dumb ramble

Yeah, I don't care about shredding, but I never liked that they stuck to the traditional song structure since TAITA. Unfortunately, I don't think they will do anything that isn't Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus-Bridge-Chorus anymore because in the liner notes for TAITA, they said that they thought a lot of the Illusion stuff consisted of good parts rather than good songs, which I take to mean that they think you need traditional structure to have a good "song."

At the very least, I think Riley has stated in an interview that the next record might be more mathy. That's always a good thing.