Thrice

6,220 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Would go for Gates, would be a nice early night for me.

Posted · Report post

Also Riley finished tracking drums for the new album, or something.

Posted · Report post

Hai guise -- are tickets still available for the Shrine Expo Hall show in Los Angeles?  LMK.

Posted (edited) · Report post

glad they're playing House of Blues in Boston. Don't think they've played there since Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals.
They've usually played at the Royale, which I don't care for (seeing Brian Fallon of Gaslight Anthem there in March, which makes sense since that's for his first solo album)
House of Blues is nice...and my friend works there.

It's on a Sunday though, so that might be finale of 'Game of Thrones' or some shit, but still all right with me.
See Adam, Matt, Dustin & others there probably....and the sight of Giusepe crowdsurfing out of leftfield and looking constipated while doing so again.

I haven't cared for or could get into their supporting acts they've toured with (Moving Mountains; La Dispute; O'Brother; Animals as Leaders), but I will check out Gates. Heard they're solid.

Edited by Cassidy

Posted · Report post

I might go to Boston. Mostly because I have a bunch of friends that will definitely be there.

Maybe I will see you there Marty.

You son of a bitch. 

Posted · Report post

I believe they do serve wine in the foundation room of the House of Blues you ball sniffing bag of shit.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hai guise -- are tickets still available for the Shrine Expo Hall show in Los Angeles?  LMK.

Can all the whiney bitches who hate that a promoter actually thought about ticket resellers just stfu? Send somebody to the shrine on any thursday so you can buy a ticket without all the fees. They obviously dont want you to go since you seem to be pretty ungrateful that they arent playing Chain, and you didnt get tickets so you can bro down.

Edited by suprefan

Posted · Report post

I am pretty sure the only person here that a member of Thrice has shit on is you. 

Posted · Report post

I'm pretty pissed that Thrice isn't playing Chain, I want to get in the pit with my Skanking Pickles shirt and lax helmet and just fuck shit up.  None of this pussy Shrine stuff.

Posted · Report post

I am pretty sure the only person here that a member of Thrice has shit on is you. 

nah, pretty sure Riley might have caught wind of me because I referred to 'liner notes' as f'n 'linear notes' for years. I did this because they themselves made a typo when referring to that in a blog post on their own site. 

But yeah, I would love it if they just came out with a B-Side called, "...more like Supredick" or some shit. That would be the Scott Tenerman-esque revenge that I want and crave.

and KissMyFist HAD to have been a created character/username/persona. HAD TO BE.

Posted · Report post

KissMyFist went from "driving around listening to Straylight Run smoking cigs" to only listening to Bruce Springsteen and we never heard from him again. 

Posted · Report post

Can all the whiney bitches who hate that a promoter actually thought about ticket resellers just stfu? Send somebody to the shrine on any thursday so you can buy a ticket without all the fees. They obviously dont want you to go since you seem to be pretty ungrateful that they arent playing Chain, and you didnt get tickets so you can bro down.

The internet makes you brave!

Posted · Report post

KissMyFist went from "driving around listening to Straylight Run smoking cigs" to only listening to Bruce Springsteen and we never heard from him again. 

there was an Every Time I Die phase, then he got out of them...then Lawrence Arms (i'll give him half-credit for getting me into that) and, reluctantly, I'll say he got me into the Gaslight Anthem; he first mentioned them, but I didn't take him seriously coming from him. His tastes got better (Lucero and otherwise), but I don't think he ever stopped smoking cigarettes. He most likely vapes now and probably is the Stephen Dorff of vaping in Indiana and does local commercials for it.

But he was a caricature of a user at first. Well, him and theDrivingSnow.

Posted · Report post

KMF was a real person which made him so great.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I obviously skipped some years of KMF for the post. We actually got along. 

He also had a Latterman tattoo I think. 

Lucero, Latterman, Larry Arms, and Bruce are all bands I really like too, but the way he so intensely went through phases was pretty funny. 

Driving Snow. I forgot about him. Some music he would post was actually awesome. Some really cool instrumental artists. 

Posted · Report post

Since tickets to the Shrine Expo Hall are still available (yay!), does anyone want to drive there and pick some up for me?  I'm trying to avoid paying the fees.  Ask suprefan when a good time to go is because I'm not sure.  Also, I need money.  Could you just buy the ticket for me and I'll pay you with hugs?  I'm sure you're getting a tax refund soon.  Also, I need 4 so a lot of hugs coming your way on June 3.  This is a great deal for anyone who likes the thought of hugs from me and wants to have 4 extra tickets.  

Posted · Report post

Demand was TOO high.

Posted · Report post

OHHHHHHHH NO!  No hugs from me. :(

Posted · Report post

All the Instagram posts have me actually pretty excited to hear what they put out after all this time...

Posted · Report post

Still listening to Major/Minor. Each album has just gotten better - though I don't really go back to Beggars very much.\

Hyped

Posted · Report post

Actually so excited for this band to be back. I still play Thrice's stuff, and their whole discrography resonates with me so much still. I love Beggars -- Circles, Wood & Wire, Talking Through Glass / We Move Like Swingsets. Such a great album.

Still my favorite band, alongside the Beatles.

Posted · Report post

Looks like I'll be at the shrine show. Wife bought me tickets