suprefan

Thrice

6,355 posts in this topic

Does anyone happen to have access to a download link of the two bonus songs? If you ordered the vinyl from Amazon (which I didn't), you got the new songs when you ordered it as an mp3 download.

Listened to Vheissu again yesterday for the first time in a year or so - still good. Is their best so far, I reckon. I can't listen to IoS anymore.

I was just scrolling through setlist.fm and this came up as the most recent thrice set, from a show in Spain on Halloween. Can anyone confirm if this is real?

The Lion and the Wolf

Firebreather

Broken Lungs

Deadbolt

Image Of The Invisible

Under a Killing Moon

The Messenger

In Exile

For Miles

Digital Sea

Stare at the Sun

See You in the Shallows

All The World Is Mad

A Song For Milly Michaelson

Come All You Weary

Atlantic

Silhouette

The Earth Will Shake

The Artist In The Ambulance

Music Box

Trust

Ultra Blue (what the fuck)

All That's Left

The Melting Point Of Wax

Child of Dust

Moving Mountains

Red Sky

Of Dust And Nations

this musta been one of the first years they didn't do a halloween show then?

i gotta say, i think music box is one of their funnest live songs.

i wonder how far along they are with the writing of this new album, they've been very sparse with updates and stuff like that so far. i hope they take a lot of time with this one and make it their best yet. i'm still relatively disappointed with Beggars and TAI as a whole.

Vheissu was awesome, though.

He and Dustin do trade off screams on the parts where the vocals overlap, as documented in the Vheissu liner notes. Dustin is doing all the screaming by himself at the end section though.

He and Dustin do trade off screams on the parts where the vocals overlap, as documented in the Vheissu liner notes. Dustin is doing all the screaming by himself at the end section though.

That's neat. Does he do anymore on any other songs?

I thought it was all Dustin in the studio, and Ed just helped out live.

I'm not positive, but I know Ed's scream is much deeper than what's on the album.

Hmmm... Maybe I'm wrong and his backup vocal credit only refers to the "chain-gang" vocals, but the dueling screams seem to distinctly be two different people (one being Dustin and the other being an unidentified double-layered voice), and since Ed does it live (& since Vheissu was notable for actually having other members of Thrice sing on-record; something not done on their other full-lengths), I assume it's him.

With regard to his voice sounding deeper live, it's common for recorded vocals to sound very different from live vocals, especially when you take into consideration the varying live bass-mid-treble level settings on the vocalist's microphone. It could also be that he screams it at a lower pitch live because it's less physically taxing to perform that way.

You may be right. I lost my Vheissu booklet forever ago (sad face). Either way, it's still a bad ass song and that's all that matters in the end.

I feel like I've read a number of interviews where Dustin has said he does all the vocals, other than gang, on record, and only trades off with Ed live.

We already know that's not true because Teppei sings the backing vocals on Atlantic and Of Dust and Nations. You can not only hear his voice distinctly, but he's also credited on the special edition liner notes for those two songs.

Dustin is just speaking in general. He sang all of his own backups on TAITA and Beggars, and 99% of the vocals on IC, IOS, and AI (from what I remember, he's said that Teppei has done a few screams on the earlier records, and the band lended gang vocals on AI).