suprefan

Thrice

6,354 posts in this topic

i just had a flash back to when i saw thrice in bakersfield a few months before vheissu came out. It was the first time i heard the earth will shake and i was floored it was so cool haha what a nerd i am.

We already know that's not true because Teppei sings the backing vocals on Atlantic and Of Dust and Nations. You can not only hear his voice distinctly, but he's also credited on the special edition liner notes for those two songs.

Dustin is just speaking in general. He sang all of his own backups on TAITA and Beggars, and 99% of the vocals on IC, IOS, and AI (from what I remember, he's said that Teppei has done a few screams on the earlier records, and the band lended gang vocals on AI).

Where does Teppei sing on Atlantic and Of Dust and Nations? Never heard that before, and I went back to listen and couldn't hear the distinction.

The choruses. Okay, just listened and it's not really distinct as I remembered, but it's there. I guess the liner note credits just made it seem obvious. The harmonies are actually really low in the mix...

Also, just remembered that Teppei possibly trades lead vocs w/ Dustin on the choruses of Red Telephone. Was there ever a confirmation on that?

Also, just remembered that Teppei possibly trades lead vocs w/ Dustin on the choruses of Red Telephone. Was there ever a confirmation on that?

That was definitely confirmed by the band on their blog when they released the songs.

I saw Dustin Kensrue last night in Boston, I swear his voice gets better and better. I got some awesome videos of him playing Go tell it on the Mountain, This is war (with new chorus) and a lot of others. That show was a blast.

I saw Dustin Kensrue last night in Boston, I swear his voice gets better and better. I got some awesome videos of him playing Go tell it on the Mountain, This is war (with new chorus) and a lot of others. That show was a blast.

RageFace.jpg

I have many more. I have Beggars, In Exile, Hark thou herald angel sing, This good night is still everywhere. Then if you guys are interested I recorded all the covers that they all did together at the end starting with Linoleum and closing with them singing Christmas (baby please come home)

Here is Linoleum, Box car and Baby, please come home.

I uploaded this one in SD, I might redo it in HD but it doesn't sound too bad huh?

I've doubled my rep in one day. I'm a bad ass. And yeah, that version of Go tell it on the mountain is very bad ass as well. I'll upload In exile next.

I used the sound recorder instead of video to record a song because my iPod was running low, but I recorded the Cover of Sweet Carolina that Dustin and Anthony sang. And a Tom Waits cover.

my mom has raised a lot of money for them. we actually had a little party at my parents house and Innocent (if you have seen the videos) came with some of the members . It was really cool. I made a big fire in the back yard and we were playing music. They gave us a bunch of different shirts including that one.