Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Midwestern Stylings

Hotel of Laughing Tree

27 posts in this topic

i think someone on these boards is in this band. i don't remember who though and they probably don't post here anymore after things got crazy. anyway...

Yea someone on these boards definitely used to post on here. Don't know if he still does... He made a post a while back on the old boreds saying they were making a new album. I can't wait to hear that shit.

I never thought we would be Boreds worthy other than YSI threads that I make. It's official now.

Here's the artwork and tracklist for the new album, Terror and Everything After. (Feb 1st, 2011).

terrorcoverart_forweb.jpg?w=500&h=448

1. Barnaby Bison’s Blind

2. Another Harvard Renaissance

3. Gods Great Gumball Machine

4. Noah

5. Winchester Devil Grass

6. Weather Maps for Nikolai

7. Sanctuary

8. Gunpowder Falls

9. Bad Canterbury

10. Forging the Family Name

11. Mont St. Michel

12. Ghosts in the Basement

13. Terror and Everything After

14. Lazarus

Yoyo guys, just a few updates. CD's definitely coming out on Feb 1st, 2011. Going to be posting an update every Tuesday with some new material until that day (8 weeks). Here's the first:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmGDPEwiSdo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmGDPEwiSdo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmGDPEwiSdo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Zac has a grudge against The Dear Hunter for some reason.

Apparently they're trying to be The Mars Volta (They aren't) and he doesn't like all the alliteration in the lyrics (Which means he probably doesn't like Thrice either).

YO! Since some people actually care about us on these boards, figured I would revive this thread. We have a new EP coming out next tuesday via Bandcamp. Obviously once everyone in the band agrees on the final masters it will be posted here fo free.

Mammoth Skin, Pt. 1

YjD8q.jpg

1. Make Waves

2. People That We Please

3. Flowers and Lawyers

4. Waterfall Games

5. Brotherly Thunder

Cool news. Also, hook a brotha up with the last one cause I got a new computer and can't easily find it, but don't wish to further your career by paying for it?

Sorry, you guys are good times though, stoked on the EP

I enjoyed your last release...looking forward to this one

Only criticism from last record was that the guitar didn't seem to hold its weight too much in terms of technical ability.

Felt like more could've been offered in that vain.

I didn't say it was sloppy by any means. Just too simple at times. And I'm not one that cares if you shred or not, I just thought the parts were lacking a bit of creativity.

Also that last statement is a little absurd. There are some really talented players on these boards.

I'd agree with you on the guitar parts comment but that's really what I try to do. I don't like to convolute the songs up by adding too many leads or doing anything too flashy. Hotel in my opinion is more of a vocal driven band so I try to let that shine. The new EP I don't even play too much guitar on. It's a really rhythmic album. There are some parts I definitely enjoy playing on the new one though- I hope you guys like it. I did a lot of experimenting with tunings/different styles on this one. I'd say overall it's a more experimental yet straightforward album if that makes sense. I'll post it up here over the weekend.