Fyre gargles balls

NCAA Basketball

669 posts in this topic

It's early, I know.

I'll try to tone down the homerism this year. No promises with Josh Selby in our lineup. Well, hell, he's not cleared yet, so I'm not quite sure.

Duke's going to be tough again. So is MSU. Looking forward to an exciting season.

my panthers are gonna suck this year (lost 3 key seniors, including ali), so no upsets this year. back to rooting for my fighting illini like usual. they arguably had the best recruiting class in the big ten this past year, and have all their key players coming back. also espn predicted them to win the big ten, so i have high hopes.

Duke should be tougher than last year depending on how their freshman turn out. So happy Kyle Singler decided to come back too.

Maryland probably wont be too good this year. :(

My Bruins are going to be improved and have a good shot at making the tourney. Unfortunately they will probably lose their best player (Honeycutt) after this season, and possibly a few other disillusioned underclassmen. If everyone sticks around (big "if")for another season, I think they would have a legit shot at a deep tourney run.

Serious?

Well, the Pac-10 is going to be really weak, so if they finish 2nd or 3rd they could make the tourney. And about next year like I said, it's a big if, but if they return everyone and their young players develop, an elite 8 is not out of the question.

harrison barnes at unc

perry jones at baylor

enes kanter (euro) and brandon knight at kentucky

kyrie irving at duke

i doubt barnes is one-and-done. especially with the threat of a lockout.

harrison barnes at unc

perry jones at baylor

enes kanter (euro) and brandon knight at kentucky

kyrie irving at duke

Also

Brandon Knight - Kentucky

Jared Sullinger - Ohio State

Terrence Jones - Kentucky

I have no real grasp on what to expect from Texas this year. Once again they have some highly touted prospects (Corey Joseph and Tristan Thompson) but that didn't seem to help last year. Unless someone makes a big leap forward or the freshmen are outstanding, I'd expect a similar year from last year or slightly worse.

MSU has a couple intriguing freshmen in C Adreian Payne and PG Keith Appling. Also Izzo has his recruiting classes locked up for the next couple years it seems like, with some really nice commits.

Barnes chose UNC because of our business school, which sits on the hill beside the Dean Dome.

18-kenan-flagler_aerial.jpg

I 75% believe that he's there for at least 3 (+summer school).

Jordan Hamilton. Pay attention to this guy. Was one of the top 5 recruits of his class (2009) and is now getting it together. Had a great opening night (26 points, 10 boards) and he's going to need to carry this Texas team. Has top 5 pick ability if he can play consistently and not get out of control.

^

Jacob Pullen on Texas in ESPN Magazine:

"They always have some big freshmen who are supposed to be great. They aren't always."

I laughed.

Hamilton is a Sophomore technically, but I get what he's saying.

However Ford, Aldridge, Durant, Augustin and Gibson were pretty great as freshmen. Last year was the first year the freshman didn't pan out.

The expectations are certainly lower for this year's team after last seasons debacle. I think Texas fans are just happy to see some entertainment due to the football teams embarrassment of a season.

Doron Lamb had a big debut for Kentucky. Queens kid that I'm pulling for. I'm conflicted though because I don't like Calipari.

It's something we have to get used to. If you root against every guy that played for Kentucky, you'll end up rooting against half of the next decades all-stars. It's ridiculous the talent he reals in.

It's something we have to get used to. If you root against every guy that played for Kentucky, you'll end up rooting against half of the next decades all-stars. It's ridiculous the talent he reals in.

haha, thats the truth, every year is ridiculous