Fyre gargles balls

NCAA Basketball

669 posts in this topic

I got way too drunk during the MSU game on friday. 90 possession game was pretty crazy, State just kept running. Kalin Lucas looked as good as ever. Draymond Green the dancing bear had a huge game too, just 6 FGA: 12 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 turnover, 3 blocks, 1 steal. Freshmen looked alright, Appling a bit more than Payne. I'm probably more excited this year for MSU hoops than I have been in a while.

Surprised to see Michigan State go down this early. Also surprised to see UConn look this good.

As for things only I care about, Texas looks really good early on. A lot better chemistry than last year and Jordan Hamilton is playing like a top 5 pick so far. 25 pppg, 7 reb, 53% FG, 46% 3PT. Pure scorer. Has a great 3 point shot and an uncanny ability to get into the lane and finish.

I don't think Texas is an elite team, but they're going to surprise a few Big 12 teams this year.

Surprised to see Michigan State go down this early. Also surprised to see UConn look this good.

I'm not that surprised. State looked sub-par against Chamanade (who looked bad today) and had defensive lapses against South Carolina. I actually won money on the game tonight because I knew UConn would cover the spread, I just didn't think they would win.

I'm not worried about State, I think they can figure it out. But these stretches of bad play this year have been killer. It figures Green misses a ton of free throws (which shouldn't surprise based on his avg) after I praise him. Frustrating.

Duke is looking good against KSU so far. They have so many offensive weapons it's ridiculous.

Good win tonight. Nice defensive effort.

I am loving all of the offensive options this team has.

It would be nice if we had a traditional post player, though. Hopefully Mason Plumlee can keep up his good play.

Mason Plumlee has improved a ton, but he's not a legit post option. He pretty much got lucky yesterday when they were tossing it to him in the post. He has no moves and I don't think he even has the greatest hands. Just great effort and very athletic.

Irving, Dawkins (improved so much, prettiest jumper on the team), Curry and Smith are such a powerful back court. Singler will always be solid. Hopefully just having big guys that can get boards will work like last year.

That MSU v. Washington game was good. I was pretty afraid Kalin was going to be hurt badly, it looked like a decent hyperextention of his knee, but he came back.

Villanova wasnt very impressive at all. I thought they were going to handle UCLA with no problem. Less turnovers and minus the horrific officiating UCLA could have easily won. Definitely encouraged for the future like I had hoped.

Hell fuckin yeah! My UCF Knights just beat the Florida Gators. Marcus Jordan had another terrific game to get the team off to a 6-0 start.

You gotta see the highlight of the play Marcus Jordan had. Crossover dribble to split the defenders at the top of the key, goes at the basket with his right hand but the defender gets a hand on the ball from behind so MJ switches over to the left for an impossible finish on the up and under.