Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vince

Boxing

43 posts in this topic

I think I'm gonna get to see the fight this weekend.

And the Mayweather fight was beyond fixed. Pretty hilarious. Both fighters could've at least tried to improve their acting skills before the bout.

combat sports have some of the worst fans, and analysts. if you don't take your opponents head off every time your weak. no one is unbeatable, and to think that either one of these guys will steamroll the other is just wrong. its just sad how the two best fighters won't fight. not sure if its cause they don't want to risk their legacy or if its because of people like Arum trying to keep them away to just keep having these fights with JMM to make as much money as possible over the long run.

P.S. FUCK SKIP BAYLESS, does this guy have a fucking braincells? Manny willing to take punches and make himself look bad to fight Mayweather. oh and this its fixed shit just proves ESPN shouldn't comment on combat sports at all.

Edited by Bacon Destroy

last time i checked it was Manny who wouldn't take the drug test. both guys are scared as both guys have a lot to lose, but don't blame the fighters blame the promoters. I'm sure with a guy like Arum in the background pulling strings is really what is keeping this from happening. he wants to milk these guys as much as he can till their is nothing left and then pit then against each other for the biggest pay day. but what's sad is this is really the ONLY relevant boxing match up. you have guys like Hari going to boxing but wont accomplish much, hell even Kimbo got coverage on ESPN with his debut.

last time i checked it was Manny who wouldn't take the drug test. both guys are scared as both guys have a lot to lose, but don't blame the fighters blame the promoters. I'm sure with a guy like Arum in the background pulling strings is really what is keeping this from happening. he wants to milk these guys as much as he can till their is nothing left and then pit then against each other for the biggest pay day. but what's sad is this is really the ONLY relevant boxing match up. you have guys like Hari going to boxing but wont accomplish much, hell even Kimbo got coverage on ESPN with his debut.

mayweather is more afraid than pacquiao is. the whole premise of the blood test is ridiculous in the first place. why should mayweather be able to call for extra blood tests that are beyond the rules of the athletic commission? who does that, honestly? no one really believes pacquiao is on steroids, mayweather included. pacquiao consented to have his blood drawn two weeks before the fight per mayweather's bullshit demand back when the match-up was being negotiated, and as soon as he did mayweather pushed the date even closer to the fight.

mayweather has made these fake challenges before. i question his timing, just as everyone who's been paying attention for the last few years should. granted, a pacquiao/mayweather fight makes way more sense than another pacquiao/marquez fight, but i think it's funny that, once again, mayweather issues his "challenge" only when pacquiao's camp has their sights on another opponent.

i won't act like guys like arum aren't trying to preserve pacquiao's record, but i don't blame him for being exhausted by mayweather's horse shit at the same time.

Edited by chase

Mayweather's management is just as bad. i do think May is more scared because of him losing his perfect record but Manny should have just signed and then let May back out instead of giving him the way out of Manny is scared to take a blood test.

heres a quote from Pacman's strength coach Alex Ariza

I think that's the fight that everybody wants to see. Here's the thing, Dana White is 100% absolutely correct. Bob Arum is a greedy pig. Now I see. That's exactly why Dana White has been so successful and Bob Arum sees him as such a threat, because he puts the ights together that the people want to see. It's about putting the best fights on. That's why people love the UFC so much, because the fights are so competitive. Even though he had the biggest fight with Nick Diaz and they went back and forth at each other, Dana did the right thing by the sport and he still put him and BJ Penn together and made them fight. Arum hates Floyd Mayweather, can't stand him, doesn't want to see him make a dollar, can't stand Golden Boy, doesn't want to do business with them, but instead of doing what's best for the sport, what's best or the fans, and what's best for the fighters because they'll get the payday of a lifetime, no, it's all about him. "I don't like him, so f**k him!" I mean, right or wrong? Unless you can tell me and convince me otherwise, because I'm thoroughly convinced and believe that Floyd really does want to have this fight. I think he really wants to have this fight. As far as he knows, he's right. He's right. Bob is the one interfering and f**king s**t up.

lololololololololololol

Only thing I *really* hate about the decision is that I didn't put down $100 on Bradley winning by decision is +800.

Incompetent ass judges.

I'm really not surprised. I mean, I was at first, but now that I think about it, this all makes perfect sense within a sport that is as corrupt as politics. Both Manny and Bradley are Top Rank fighters. Manny has MAYBE three fights left in him. As a promoter, and therefore a scumbag, why wouldn't Bob Arum fix this fight? He receives double the proceeds when two guys fight within his promotion. Duh. Rematches equal more money and potentially more viewers based on the controversial nature of this decision. Furthermore, Manny losing (winning) the fight in this manner causes an uproar that will guarantee not only a rematch, but a fervor among fans of Manny's to watch him likely destroy Bradley, making Arum even more cash. Also, based on Manny's age, Arum needs to create a new star. By making Bradley a star, albeit a controversial one, he will somewhat make up for not having Manny around after he retires. Finally, what does Arum have to gain from Manny fighting Mayweather? For one, he doesn't make as much money as he does having Manny fighting a trilogy of bouts with a guy that is ONE OF HIS FIGHTERS. Arum collects half as much cash when Manny fights outside the promotion. Also, what does Arum care about a dream fight? All that matters is that his pockets get lined with our money and it is SAD as fuck because I love boxing and this shit was so clearly fixed that I feel like I was watching WWE.

Seriously. Bob Arum = Vince Mcmahon tonight. There is one more dream fight left in boxing and it was virtually destroyed by tonight's antics. I am a firm believer that even scoring the fight 116-112 in Manny's favor would have been a travesty. Boxing is tainted, boxing is floundering, and boxing deserves to lose their following to the UFC.

Fuck this noise.

Find me someone other than a judge in favor of Bradley that thought he won! Manny outclassed Bradley. What's worse is that the more I think on it, the more I feel like Manny was in on it. First, you have the weird shit going on pre-fight. Then, Manny doesn't knock this guy out. Really, he should have knocked him out by the fourth round. Bradley IS NOT IN HIS CLASS. Manny was HANDLING him and clearly won the fight. Fuck. This is so stupid and typical. Boxing, once again, has shot itself in the only foot it has left. No Manny v. Mayweather will taint two careers and fail to rejuvinate a FAILING sport. Fuck Bob Arum and fuck anyone who agreed to this farce. FIXED. SO FUCKING FIXED.

Yep. Now I definitely think Pac was in on it too. He didn't knock Bradley out (when he clearly could've), and didn't seem surprised at all by the decision when it was announced.

Weird/disappointing stuff.

Arum is doing a good acting job with all of his comments though. Saying this is a travesty for the sport, mentioning that even Bradley acknowledged he was shocked that he won, etc. Major douche.

Edited by McGomer

Exactly. Dude is hiding in plain sight. And again, Arum gets paid whether he is "outraged" or not.

I've seen it argued that this isn't bad for boxing because more people are talking about the fight after the controversy and because, accurately, controversy sells. I disagree vehemently. While those points are true, including that Bradley may yet become a star in a sport that desperately needs stars and that the rematch will sell a lot of PPV's (not getting my fucking money after that), ANYTHING that hurts the superfight between Floyd and Manny is BAD FOR BOXING. I don't care how many fights between Manny and Bradley you roll out there. I don't care if Manny knocks him out in the rematch in fifteen seconds. Nothing but that super-fight, the last super-fight boxing has left, will captivate the country and the casual boxing fan.

Another black eye on the sport.

Hopefully it doesn't get up and this is the knockout blow.

Bob Arum is a crook. Not that it matters now but the only way we would have seen a Floyd / Manny fight is if Manny left Arum.

What is not being mentioned is that, not only is Floyd not one of Arum's fighters, Arum absolutely hates Floyd for having a brain and leaving him. He is so bullheaded that he would rather not get paid that help Floyd get paid.