Bacon Destroy

Cooking

154 posts in this topic

I'm cooking breakfast for my folks on sunday. I'm making Bacon cream cheese stuffed french toast dumplings, as seen in Epic Meal Time. Anybody got any suggestions for other breakfast dishes i could try?

Random shrimp marinade I made a few months ago. They turned out amazing.

1 lb large prawns (I used 10-12 count)

3 TBL olive oil

2 TBL chili garlic sauce

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 TBL honey

1 tsp mirin

Fresh thyme, chopped

Black pepper

Splash of chipotle Tabasco

Splash of Worcestershire sauce

27210_1437400854269_1210419194_31232114_2674189_n.jpg

I bought some dulse.

Can't wait to try it in my soup.

I'm making the most healthy soup tomorrow.

It's going to be delicious.

NOM NOM NOM

I bought some dulse flakes a while ago...I was excited because it's really good for you, but it tasted/smelled terrible to me :(

I don't really like that strong seaweed taste, I have to be really careful about how much I put in soups. Once I didn't realize how much it would expand and I ruined a soup with 1/2 cup dried wakame! Let me know the recipe to your soup if it turns out good!

Random cooking thought: I've been putting miso paste in ramen noodles instead of the packet of death it comes with. It's delicious! I add an egg, some chopped green onions, and chili sauce. So good.

Had a delicious meal this evening at my local

Carpaccio of Venison, Black Truffle, Parmesan (can't remember all of it)

web.jpg?ver=12943571530001

Pan Fried Kent Coast Cod With Lobster & Cockle Butter Sauce, Potato Gnocchi & Oyster Leaf

web.jpg?ver=12943571470001

White Chocolate Pannacotta With Lime Sorbet & Pistachio Espuma

photo%205.jpg?derivative=medium&source=web.jpg&type=medium&ver=12943571410001

Pictures really don't do it any justice.

Does anyone have any good fondue recipes/techniques? I just bought a really snazzy fondue pot but the manual is pretty vague. I want to master this bitch so I can have me some posh little gatherings.

I've made both chocolate and sharp cheddar fondue and they were yummy, but I think they could be better. The internet isn't very helpful with technique although there are numerous recipes available. Also, most recipes don't even use a fondue pot. Weird.

Help?

That must've been spendy.

The main reason why i go there is because it's dirt cheap for what you get. It's a Michelin star restaurant at a very reasonable price; if it was in central london, it would be twice as much. It's my hidden gem :)

I bought some dulse flakes a while ago...I was excited because it's really good for you, but it tasted/smelled terrible to me :(

I don't really like that strong seaweed taste, I have to be really careful about how much I put in soups. Once I didn't realize how much it would expand and I ruined a soup with 1/2 cup dried wakame! Let me know the recipe to your soup if it turns out good!

Random cooking thought: I've been putting miso paste in ramen noodles instead of the packet of death it comes with. It's delicious! I add an egg, some chopped green onions, and chili sauce. So good.

Well I tried a little of the dulse first and I found it really salty.

It's a natural substitute for msg. I saw somewhere that you can fry it in a pan with a bit of little smoke to simulator bacon?

But I honestly don't know if that would be good.

Mmmm I love miso. What kind do you use? I've been trying to find white miso paste for ages around these parts.

My soup turned out amazing.

I'm addicted to it.

I made myself a fillet of haddock with fennel and grape tomatoes, I also added a bit of sherry to the pan.

I'll be enjoying it with a salad with mushrooms, broccoli, and black beans.

Pretty awesome packed supper for work later tonight.

I cannot believe how much shitty food I used to it.

I need your help!

So I want to make my girlfriend a Megaman shaped birthday cake. I want to make three cupcakes for the rapid fire.

I have three days and I have absolutely no idea how to do this. I'm going to do some research, butttt

can any of you chefs help me out here? I want to make it from scratch.

You could go for a mega man sprite style cake and divide it up into pixels.

For example this sprite has a grid breaking down each pixel so you would just make enough sheet cake to make as many pixels as you needed to build the sprite. You could do the whole thing with mini cup cakes and just use five different colored frostings. That would be a lot of cup cakes to make and frost but you have three days so why not?

Mega_Man_Sega_Genesis_sprite_by_dragontamer272.jpg

I need your help!

So I want to make my girlfriend a Megaman shaped birthday cake. I want to make three cupcakes for the rapid fire.

I have three days and I have absolutely no idea how to do this. I'm going to do some research, butttt

can any of you chefs help me out here? I want to make it from scratch.

i made my boyfriend a gun-shaped cake for his birthday, and this is how i did it:

first, bake a large, flat cake. (i used a 9x13 pan for mine, but you could bake two smaller cakes if you want.) make a pattern of your design - not only can this be used to cut, but it'll also help you figure out how big your final product will be. after the cake has fully cooled, start cutting out the shape/s you need. if you don't think you can eyeball it, use the pattern from earlier. (if you need to anchor it, use a couple of toothpicks.)

once the cutting is done, you can start decorating! i would really recommend using a spatula (such as this one) or some other flat tool instead of a butter knife - the teeth, although tiny, were just enough to make icing really difficult. i used vanilla icing and dyed it using liquid food coloring from the grocery store. (be warned that using a lot of food dye can water down the frosting. while there was a difference texturally, i didn't think it was all that visibly noticeable.)

when i needed to draw lines, write on the cake, etc, i put a little frosting into a sandwich bag, cut off a small portion of one of the corners, and used that as a makeshift pastry bag. if you've never drawn/written with frosting, do a test run on a paper towel. it's not difficult, but it is a little weird to get used to.

hope that helps :)

I LOVE chowders with corn in them. I'm weird.

I have now made the perfect fondue. I've got it down to a science. It goes as follows: rub down the pot with a clove of fresh garlic, toss a few ounces of good beer into the pot, let it simmer, toss finely chopped garlic into the pot along with some worcestershire, shake a teaspoon of mustard powder into the pot, grate sharp cheeses and shake in a bag with cornstarch, put cheese into pot in small amounts while stirring in a figure eight and VOILA! GOOD EATS. I don't even need dinner now!