suprefan

Random Thoughts

7,324 posts in this topic

Why the hell did we invite anyone to our wedding...also, Minneapolis is >>> Des Moines. Kind of glad we decided to live here instead of Iowa, even though all my close friends are down there. Hard to meet new friends when you work in an office of 90% middle-aged women. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hey aren't there Boredies from Australia on here? My little brother (he used to post here under Absintheparty66 or something) is stationed with the Marines over in Darwin, but he's on vacation over in Melbourne right now and is looking to party it up with people. He told me he thought there were Boredies from there, so he wanted me to ask on his behalf. He's a good kid, so message me if you wanna rage it up with a random American and I can connect y'all.

^ Yeah sorry about your loss Morgan (and for the late reply). That whole write up was beautiful though.  BTW don't be a stranger yo, if you're ever around Orange County again, hit me up and I'll buy ya a beer.

In other news, I never ended up moving to Fresno because my boss switched my project at the last second. So I've been hanging in the San Marcos/Carlsbad/Oceanside/Vista area lately. Its pretty damn nice out here, just sucks that I've had to live like a nomad. I really wanna go full adult and get my own place or whatever and I freaking can't because apparently I'm supposedly going to Fresno sometime within the next few months (or it might be later in 2016).

Thanks, Mike. I'll be in Irvine soonish but for Alex's fantasy draft, then San Juan Capistrano soon after for a wedding. Shit be busy. And my sister is the writer in the family so the page is her masterpiece. Thanks for reading it.

went to the playboy mansion halloween party!!!!!!!!!! this is for you cassidy...

best party IVE EVER BEEN TO... i will try and post the few pics i got when i'm not lazy and if i transfer them from phone to laptop... i basically went as a 300 spartan - a shitty red cape, plastic sword/shield and little black underwear. ballsy, but it was a big hit. i had the best time ever, i flirted with about one hundred girls, everyone was seriously having the best time, so everyone had a great vibe. it was like giant friend fest except every woman there was a 10 and at least 20-30 girls were wearing just body paint. bomb diggity

Nice, dude.  A few of the girls you speak of are friends of mine and none of them modest.  I went many years back and it was a lovely evening...

I need to vent this to no one in particular. 

Few things are worse than animal cruelty.  And my experience just now with LA's animal cruelty task force and the animal services department have made me realize how flawed the system here is.  

My neighbor is a complete garbage human being.   Half the neighborhood was woken up about 3 weeks ago at 4:00 in the morning to one of the loudest, most alarming domestic disputes I've heard.   The first of those noises was my neighbor's 6 year old daughter crying and screaming.  That was quickly replaced by lots of commotion, objects being thrown, things breaking, and the neighbor's live-in girlfriend screaming for help and for someone to call 911 (among other things).   They're both really trashy, and I'm used to her being loud and dramatic, but after some especially alarming sounds, I went out to see if I needed to intervene and help her.  

I stepped outside to see her holding onto the railing outside his second-floor apartment, and he was grabbing her from behind.  I tried asking if she needed me to call 911, but she was sobbing asking for help and repeating "you killed the dog, you killed the dog,"  and he was babbling about God and aliens and raccoons.   They were both obviously on drugs.    I went to call the cops, but by the time I got hold of the operator, the girlfriend had taken off.   But what really stuck in my mind was the idea that he killed their dog.   For me that was the absolute last straw with this guy (I had been asking the landlord for months on end to evict him).    

In the following days, I noticed that the dog who would previously bark incessantly if a person came within 50 feet of their apartment, was suddenly completely silent.  I assumed he had actually killed their dog**, which honestly made me want to throw up.  I later confirmed with the landlord a couple days later that the dog was in a veterinary facility being treated for injuries.   Fast forward to yesterday morning (3 weeks later), and I hear the dog again.  The dog was released back to the meth head woman.   I called the animal cruelty task force, which then directed me to the animal services department.  The animal services department gave me the runaround and said there is nothing they could do since it's her dog, and she isn't the one who physically abused it.  They informed me that the case against the guy is still pending, and the judge might issue an order barring him from being near the animal, but it was ultimately up to the court's discretion.   I expressed disbelief that they would return the dog to such a dangerous environment, but apparently they can, which made me wonder how often this happens.   

The system really disincentivizes people from coming forward and speaking up when they see a problem.  

**A note about that guy - it turns out that he's currently in jail because that same night he burglarized the elderly Latino couple that lived in the apartment next door, grabbed the old man, telling him he loved him and tried to kiss him, and afterward grabbed the old woman, threw her to the couch, got on top of her and told her in Spanish "I'm going to fuck you."   I referred the landlord to one of my friends who handles real estate and landlord-tenant matters, and we're in the process of getting him evicted.  

I want to protect this poor dog, but I don't know what else I can do.  

I need to vent this to no one in particular. 

Few things are worse than animal cruelty.  And my experience just now with LA's animal cruelty task force and the animal services department have made me realize how flawed the system here is.  

My neighbor is a complete garbage human being.   Half the neighborhood was woken up about 3 weeks ago at 4:00 in the morning to one of the loudest, most alarming domestic disputes I've heard.   The first of those noises was my neighbor's 6 year old daughter crying and screaming.  That was quickly replaced by lots of commotion, objects being thrown, things breaking, and the neighbor's live-in girlfriend screaming for help and for someone to call 911 (among other things).   They're both really trashy, and I'm used to her being loud and dramatic, but after some especially alarming sounds, I went out to see if I needed to intervene and help her.  

I stepped outside to see her holding onto the railing outside his second-floor apartment, and he was grabbing her from behind.  I tried asking if she needed me to call 911, but she was sobbing asking for help and repeating "you killed the dog, you killed the dog,"  and he was babbling about God and aliens and raccoons.   They were both obviously on drugs.    I went to call the cops, but by the time I got hold of the operator, the girlfriend had taken off.   But what really stuck in my mind was the idea that he killed their dog.   For me that was the absolute last straw with this guy (I had been asking the landlord for months on end to evict him).    

In the following days, I noticed that the dog who would previously bark incessantly if a person came within 50 feet of their apartment, was suddenly completely silent.  I assumed he had actually killed their dog**, which honestly made me want to throw up.  I later confirmed with the landlord a couple days later that the dog was in a veterinary facility being treated for injuries.   Fast forward to yesterday morning (3 weeks later), and I hear the dog again.  The dog was released back to the meth head woman.   I called the animal cruelty task force, which then directed me to the animal services department.  The animal services department gave me the runaround and said there is nothing they could do since it's her dog, and she isn't the one who physically abused it.  They informed me that the case against the guy is still pending, and the judge might issue an order barring him from being near the animal, but it was ultimately up to the court's discretion.   I expressed disbelief that they would return the dog to such a dangerous environment, but apparently they can, which made me wonder how often this happens.   

The system really disincentivizes people from coming forward and speaking up when they see a problem.  

**A note about that guy - it turns out that he's currently in jail because that same night he burglarized the elderly Latino couple that lived in the apartment next door, grabbed the old man, telling him he loved him and tried to kiss him, and afterward grabbed the old woman, threw her to the couch, got on top of her and told her in Spanish "I'm going to fuck you."   I referred the landlord to one of my friends who handles real estate and landlord-tenant matters, and we're in the process of getting him evicted.  

I want to protect this poor dog, but I don't know what else I can do.  

You need to move.  That place sounds like a shithole.  You've proven yourself your own worth by your concern for this animal.  Take the dog and move.  Maybe take the dog and surrender it to a no kill because it "looks abused" ... hopefully it isn't chipped.  You also need to move.

holy shit i totally forgot about this place.

I disagree.  

You need to move.  That place sounds like a shithole. 

For real. Are circumstances keeping you there, or is that just the quality of apartments you find in your area? 

I lived in a super shitty apartment my first two years of college, but never witnessed anything like what you described.