Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wtfchuck

Diablo III

167 posts in this topic

So May 15th is the release date. And I have a question for you guys. I went to preorder the collectors edition of the game at gamestop and they aren't taking them anymore. I was going to try to preorder it off of amazon but I was not sure if I'd get it the day of or day after? I feel like I remember some of you saying that you get your preorders early.

You'd probably get it early. Typically it comes the day of release but sometimes early.

I've done the WoW annual pass, so my Diablo 3 client is installed and ready to go already :)

Still dont have a beta key :(

I know i've only got to wait another month but godamn I want to play it now haha. This is literally the only game ive cared about playing for about 2 years.

Edited by ant

I was super excited for this. But it's rather short and now I am disappointed.

What were you expecting? The full game? Really don't understand people being disappointed with this; the game is out in 3 weeks. The same people would probably complain if the beta was longer because it ruined the full game.

2 hours of gameplay with 5 characters = 10 hours. That was more than enough for me.

Loved it. Monk <3

Edited by ant

Demon Hunter feels really out of place to me; seems Devil May Cry-esque with the emo anime scarf thing and the rapid fire machine guns. Not a fan.

I'm not big on the character model, but I assume that will change once you actually get some good gear equipped.

The amazon was the only character I never played in D2, so the use of bows is entirely new to me. Once you reach level 9 and get your little barrel roll move it's a lot of fun setting up snares, rolling around and mowing enemies down with rapid fire.

I enjoyed the brief periods of time I could actually play this game.

I must have had bad luck, but I couldn't even get in on Friday, Saturday I think I managed to play for about and hour or two without getting disconnected. Sunday I kept getting disconnected every 15 minutes, so I just stopped. But I loved the time I was able to play.

It's been a while since I played any Diablo, so it did feel kinda jarring getting back into the whole control scheme again. But I'm looking forward to this game getting released, should be fun.

^ Bad luck mate; I played for about 6 hours straight with no disconnections. Didn't get to play Wiz or WD though.

Still playing Wiz first - though it's a tough toss up between that and the Monk (which was super fun to play). Looked at the end game skills and Wiz looks way more badass.

Edited by ant

Installed the beta, played for about 2 min then turned it off. I decided I wanna just wait until the real game comes out, more fun that way.

What class is everyone going to play?

I have been looking at D3 info 24/7 for the last 2 weeks. Can't believe there is only 2 weeks to go, am fully geeking out - my girlfriend is going to hate me.

Edited by ant

What class is everyone going to play?

I have been looking at D3 info 24/7 for the last 2 weeks. Can't believe there is only 2 weeks to go, am fully geeking out - my girlfriend is going to hate me.

Probably going to go Wiz first, then Monk or WD.

I will probably go Demon Hunter first. I had a lot of technical problems in the beta weekend, but from the time I got to play, I enjoyed the DH the most. The Witch Doctor was awesome too, I didn't get much time to try the Barb or the Monk, so I might change it up after some playing.

Barbarian for sure. Going back to my WoW roots, played a warrior for my entire WoW life.

Whenever I finally get a new computer, my first character will likely be a Demon Hunter. That said, all of the classes look equally amazing and stunning.

What were you expecting? The full game? Really don't understand people being disappointed with this; the game is out in 3 weeks. The same people would probably complain if the beta was longer because it ruined the full game.

2 hours of gameplay with 5 characters = 10 hours. That was more than enough for me.

Loved it. Monk <3

After waiting over 10 years for a game to come out and then getting to play what amounted to an hour at most of play time per class (when playing with a party cause lets be honest, if you're not playing in a party you're doing it wrong) was disappointing. Really didn't get to see any items or anything that made me go "Wow, I'm more excited now than I was yesterday!" Maybe I've just been spoiled by all the beta releases I've played lately that had hours of content on one go through ruined me.

Stress test, yes. Beta... ehhhhh. Just sayin.