Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wtfchuck

Diablo III

167 posts in this topic

I don't have damage rings on my DH (actually have them on my wizard) so I guess I should transfer those over. I'm using a 1 handed crossbow but that's because that's what I've found with the most damage right now. I haven't even looked at the auction house. Is it working? I heard some shady stuff about it too.

Here's my build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WcYThl!bec!bbbZYY

Screenshot with my stats and crap: 11glrep.png

Maybe I need to do a better job of staying away from monsters? I was trying to go all DPS and got it fairly high (in like 1600ish range when I was like level 36) but felt like the Nightmare guys were ruining me.

I messed up my Rain of Vengeance skill, it is the "Beastly Bombs" one, I'm not high enough for the other one.

Edited by Chris Benoit

wait how do you have two defensive and two hunting skills on? i tried to just go duplicate your build and can't figure that out...

nm got my google on... why the hell wouldn't they just have that enabled all the time?

Edited by Chris Benoit

Definitely check out the auction house. You can crazy good deals if you set the max buy-out price to stuff under 20k (or whatever else). Just search for armor with a high +Dex, vitality, and +damage/crit, although I know not all pieces of armor have +crit, especially at our levels. Just browse for rare items, I have no idea why so many people try to charge like 100k for some things, I would say that 90% of my armor I got for about 4-6k a piece usually. You'll probably double or triple your DPS if you buy a bunch of yellows at the auction house.

Just play around with it. You should be able to find the +damage rings and amulet with much difficulty, I know I have an extra amulet that likes +5-10 damage and some dex (I think), I could send you. The +damage jewelery is awesome, because it will usually add a couple hundred DPS to you for each one.

After a week, this game sucks. No replay value, no rewarding fights, drop system sucks, list goes on.

Now I remember why I stopped playing video games (aside from NHL and FIFA) a long time ago.

Edited by Pat

I don't think it sucks, but I'm bored. Haven't played in the last week (level 53) because I'm just bored of it. I suppose I might have more fun once the PVP comes out, but at the moment I'm having a better time playing league of legends.

Edited by feels good man

So I logged on to my account the other day and all my gear and gold mysteriously vanished.

I sent a ticket like 4 days ago and Blizzard has yet to respond. Shits lame.

Do you have an authenticator?

And I haven't played games (except FIFA) for a couple years until D3 - have to admit it hasn't grabbed me like I thought it would. The drop system is really lame and it's basically just one big glorified game of eBay.

Edited by ant

I started up another Witch Doctor, mostly to farm gold/items for my 60 Barbarian, but I've ended up loving it ever since I've found out how to sustain my pets through gear and skills. I'm focusing on CC chance % on all my gear. With the fire zombie dogs, poison cloud gargantuan, and the fire pit fire bombs, along with the regular hits of the pets/templar, the CC chances skyrocket so that when I'm facing bosses and elites they barely get hits off because they are frozen/feared/knocked back/etc over and over. I have the Jaunt rune (forgetting the spell name) to basically get away from anything and then splinters as my main attack (so splinters/poison dart on my left click and fire bombs on right click). I also have the skill that absorbs an intelligence buff/life leech from enemies around me to get a boost in damage/life against big packs. I basically don't have to rely on mana at all, which is great since WD's mana system is fucked. My pets survive a decent amount because I've pumped up str/dex/int/armor to keep them alive, and the CC help them too. The CC also lets me survive hard packs and bosses a ton, and I do a decent amount of damage with poison dart that I can take them down quickly enough. And I don't have to do a ton of kiting. It is pretty fun! Supposedly they are going to buff pets in the next patch, so that's even better news (some more damage would be nice). I'm trying to hold off on the AH until the patch, just to see what they do with IAS and shit (supposedly a "nerf" and IAS is huge for WD damage...) but it is hard to upgrade my armor and keep the CC without doing it through the AH.

I downloaded this little guy to my PS3 simply because no AH which means more legendary drops.  I had a legendary by level 15 or so.  Loving it again.

As much as the console version seems A LOT better I can't justify spending money on it.

I still play though, just made a new monk the other day.