Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
suprefan

Concert (s)

320 posts in this topic

I just saw Phoenix at their taping for Jimmy Kimmel. only 5 songs, but it was INCREDIBLE.

seeing Ratatat tomorrow at Club Nokia (won tickets on twitter). might see Band of Horses beforehand for another Kimmel taping.

Just saw Efterklang tonight. They were amazing, as usual. So much passion and pure energy, not to mention being really funny (i.e. Danish humor).

They've managed to convert a lot of my friends who didn't like them on record & youtube, but went to see them live and were blown away.

The openers were a very cool local math-rock+post-rock band (odd combo) that consisted of a girl who shredded her baritone guitar (during the entire set, it sounded like she was playing a bass and lead guitar simultaneously) and a guy who played drums and guitar *at the same time*.

Just saw Efterklang tonight. They were amazing, as usual. So much passion and pure energy, not to mention being really funny (i.e. Danish humor).

They've managed to convert a lot of my friends who didn't like them on record & youtube, but went to see them live and were blown away.

The openers were a very cool local math-rock+post-rock band (odd combo) that consisted of a girl who shredded her baritone guitar (during the entire set, it sounded like she was playing a bass and lead guitar simultaneously) and a guy who played drums and guitar *at the same time*.

I loved the openers, too. I spoke to Thomas from Efterklang before the show started and he explained that Buke stands for "baritone-ukulele," and Gass is "guitar-bass." The two of them built all their own instruments and amps, so cool.

Oh, and I gave the dudes in Efterklang a picture I drew for them and they put it up on their Flickr! Wheeee.

I loved the openers, too. I spoke to Thomas from Efterklang before the show started and he explained that Buke stands for "baritone-ukulele," and Gass is "guitar-bass." The two of them built all their own instruments and amps, so cool.

Oh, and I gave the dudes in Efterklang a picture I drew for them and they put it up on their Flickr! Wheeee.

The openers were actually a different band, Silian Rail. They're the ones who sounded like Faraquet mixed w/ Explosions in the Sky. Buke & Gass played the middle spot, but I dug them too. That girl especially was just entrancing in a very odd way.

I was kind of bummed that Efterklang did their San Francisco Chord before the show, cause I brought a harmonica just in case.

The openers were actually a different band, Silian Rail. They're the ones who sounded like Faraquet mixed w/ Explosions in the Sky. Buke & Gass played the middle spot, but I dug them too. That girl especially was just entrancing in a very odd way.

I was kind of bummed that Efterklang did their San Francisco Chord before the show, cause I brought a harmonica just in case.

Ohh, ok. Buke and Gass were the only openers in Vancouver. Yeah I was kind of hoping that the audience could be part of Vancouver's chord too, but they made it during the day when no one was there. It's a good one, though. :)

Just finally saw Muse for the first time. Mind = blown.

Perfection. Amazing stage set up too.

Passion Pit opened. Great live band in desperate need of a singer that isn't tone deaf.

does jonsi have any openers for his fall tour?

My gf wants to go to this when he comes to Atlanta...I don't think I really want to spend the money. You think it's worth it?

My whole thing is just that I could just listen to his albums at home and prob get just as much out of it as I would seeing it live...music isn't really conducive to a 'performance' imo...

the Avett Brothers tomorrow night in Kansas City, and VIP Sufjan Stevens tickets for Kansas City on the 17th of October. this fall has been pretty disappointing for shows in my immediate area.

I just saw Aziz Ansari at the Tabernacle in Atlanta. Not really a 'concert' but it's a show...

He was pretty fuckin funny by the way. When people started shouting "RANDY!" for him to do the bit, he said "No no, Randy was having sex next to a Volcano and he fell in and died".

So is there an "opening act" to Aziz? I'm a comedy show n00b.

I'm gonna see him in LA on 11/20 (the 7 PM show). He added a 10 PM show on the same night. Weird.

My gf wants to go to this when he comes to Atlanta...I don't think I really want to spend the money. You think it's worth it?

My whole thing is just that I could just listen to his albums at home and prob get just as much out of it as I would seeing it live...music isn't really conducive to a 'performance' imo...

to be honest, and i don't mean this to be mean, but when it comes to jonsi (and sigur ros) i don't thing you could be further from the truth....

he puts so much into his shows. you gotta go see him. its more than live music, its more of an experience (as corny as it sounds)

to be honest, and i don't mean this to be mean, but when it comes to jonsi (and sigur ros) i don't thing you could be further from the truth....

he puts so much into his shows. you gotta go see him. its more than live music, its more of an experience (as corny as it sounds)

completely 100% without a doubt agree. his show this year was my favorite of the entire year. it's more than music. go to his tour!

Is anyone going to the Bowl for Pavement/Sonic Youth? If so, do you have a spare ticket?

downtownlobby.tumblr.com they posted something about a deal for $20 tickets and I think they still haven't picked a winner for their contest.