Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
suprefan

Concert (s)

320 posts in this topic

Scored a ticket to Pavement/Sonic Youth from my high school chemistry teacher. I'm going to lurk around in hopes of catching a glimpse of the suprefan.

seeing Belle and Sebastian sunday and then Tera Melos wednesday.

both should be glorious.

i'm also convinced by this page to buy Jonsi tickets since i got paid today.

oh, and David Bazan is coming around again, and i'm seeing The Nation with Owen Pallett the day after that.

best month for music ever.

Is that one of the shows including the 14 piece band for the Caribou Vibration Ensemble? I saw them a couple of months ago too, it was very thrilling.

im going to see caribou at the fonda in 2 weeks. so excited!

I can't say which ones I will make, but basically anything off of this site. http://www.statesidepresents.com/ Great for people in the greater PHX region. I will probably be making a trip to L.A. and Vegas at some point coming up too. Hopefully I will be able to tailor that around a good show since I already missed FYF after purchasing tickets. Blasted.

San Francisco's Hardy Strictly Bluegrass Festival. Today included Punch Brothers, Conor Oberst, Gillian Welch. Tomorrow's picks for me are Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings and maybe Elvis Costello.

Is that one of the shows including the 14 piece band for the Caribou Vibration Ensemble? I saw them a couple of months ago too, it was very thrilling.

cool. good to hear they're fun live. i have no idea how it's going to be done though. i know for sure it's a live band and not a dj set though. i'm excited! i haven't been to a concert in a really long time

Minus the Bear next month. Really tempted to buy tickets for Kayo Dot in February. I haven't heard them yet though and I doubt they'll end up as one of my favourite bands. It would probably end up costing £50+ 1/2 days of missed lectures to see them.

just saw The National with Owen Pallett. both were incredible.

shame on me for not thinking the national would be as good as they were. the live show with horns was awesome.

Bad Religion/ Bouncing Souls was last night.

I was sick

it was sold out.

:(

That's on Sunday for me, but it's in Baltimore. I was thinking of renting a car and heading up, but I don't know. And Strike Anywhere/A Wilhelm Scream is on Tuesday in DC.

Sufjan Stevens last night was amazing. played his entire new album, including the 25-minute monstrosity at the end, complete with choreographed dancing and silly string, then a handful of older songs for the encore. wasn't super impressed with his latest album when i got it but hearing (and seeing) it live was very enjoyable.

Sufjan Stevens last night was amazing. played his entire new album, including the 25-minute monstrosity at the end, complete with choreographed dancing and silly string, then a handful of older songs for the encore. wasn't super impressed with his latest album when i got it but hearing (and seeing) it live was very enjoyable.

Wait, are you in KC?

I went to that show too.

Wait, are you in KC?

I went to that show too.

no but i have a friend who lives there so i stay for free, i see a few shows there a year but it's 4 1/2 hour drive from where i'm at. place was absolutely infested with hipsters; somebody sets off a bomb in that theater and American Apparel sales in KC drop by like 75% next quarter. it was oppressively hot down on the floor, in fact the guy next to me passed out about 2/3 of the way through. even so, it was pretty fantastic.