Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beanz

Battlefield 3

179 posts in this topic

That looked pretty good! I hope you're right about the next generation of games. I remember how exciting it was when stuff like Half-Life 2 came out, Half-Life 2 was just soo much better than everything out it was incredible.

Here's a better quality "released" gameplay trailer.

I don't know if this game will make the jump that HL2 and Doom 3 made in visuals (both of those games came out when Halo 2 and San Andreas came out), but it sure as hell looks better than anything I've seen this gen. The animations and lighting are so good, they look pre-rendered even though they aren't.

OH. MY. GOD. That was amazing. Great posts man, FUCK I'm so stoked for this game. Is it coming out on just PC or consoles too?

Two things:

1.) Hopefully it has really good multiplayer

2.) The sound effects/voice overs were the best I've seen in any game so far.

I think the next game to really start the new generation of gaming is going to be Half-Life 2: Epsiode 3 (aka Half-Life 3). They haven't released anything about the game because they are doing a complete overhaul/new engine, or at least I'm guessing.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is one of my favorite online games of this generation. The problem is that it relies heavily on teamwork, and a lot of people are used to the Halo/CoD "One Man Army" mindset. If you play with another 4-8 people while in a Live party against a team of randoms, you'll probably destroy the opposition. That being said, I am super excited for Battlefield 3 and it's more realistic and gritty gameplay.

-shutter

I like the last one a lot. I wish more of you guys played this on PC, only one of my buddies did and you definitely need people who are willing to work together to have a good match.

BF3 looks like it will be awesome. I've been a fan of this franchise since BF1942.

It will come to consoles. You almost can't make a big budget game like this for PC only unless you're Blizzard (and they're even talking about porting Diablo 3 for consoles). That said, the PC version will support 64 players like BF2 and higher res textures and all that jazz.

DICE always over promise and under deliver but it still always ends up fun. Just don't hype it up too much - trust me on that.

Either way, it's always gonna be funner than CoD.

Bad Company was alright - is just the console kid version of real BF tho

This game looks UNREAL. BF2 was probably my favorite multiplayer game growing up. Cannot wait to play Karkand with this new engine.

remember unreal?

look at those graphics. They were top of the line.

Clench I'm going to fuck you up in this game. Rampage and I vs. you and Objectified. BRING IT BITCH.

:)

That's going to be so much fun. I think Drew is pretty terrible at Battlefield games, though. I think I'll be okay at it.

This game is going to dominate my life. I wish it would come out this summer, though. In the meantime, SOCOM 4 has to vill the void.

CEO or whatever of the production company said their goal was to

'Topple the leading title in FPS games'

that's not a direct quote, but the main point is made... he didn't say COD, but there's nothing else he could be implying. I'm pumped to see if I can finally get myself into a new franchise.