Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beanz

Battlefield 3

179 posts in this topic

CEO or whatever of the production company said their goal was to

'Topple the leading title in FPS games'

that's not a direct quote, but the main point is made... he didn't say COD, but there's nothing else he could be implying. I'm pumped to see if I can finally get myself into a new franchise.

BF >>>> CoD on so many levels

I kinda hope it doesn't 'topple' CoD though, just because that means more angsty 13 year olds playing it

The console versions are going to run at 30 frames/second.

Tisk tisk.

gross.

ID knows where it's at. they're making rage run at 60FPS, even on console. It's gonna look worse on console because of it, but you shouldnt run an FPS at less than 60 frames IMO.

Installed: Origin

CPU: Quadcore @ 2.0 GHz or faster

RAM: 4GB or more

Hard Drive: 7.25 GB free disk space

Video: 512 MB or greater

DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card with latest drivers (AMD 11.5 or later, nVidia 275.33 or later)

Sound: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card

Internet: broadband connection

lol EA. QQ more.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/16921-tentative-battlefield-3-system-requirements-released/

Maybe BF2, but not Bad Company one or two.

Bad Company 2 would have been a LOT better than COD if they streamlined the upgrading more. I don't like having to upgrade different classes. I like the COD way of just giving me a level and new guns instead of forcing me to play as a sniper to get new sniper guns.

I can't hit anything with the SVD. I held my breath and shot a guy 4 times and nothing. Either I suck or the picnic table he was hiding under had a huge hitbox.

I wish the guns were slightly less accurate. I prefer how the guns handle on BF2 to the MW style that has become the norm.

I haven't made it past the 2nd part of the map, however I've only played 3 or 4 rounds. That corridor on the second part is a nightmare. I can't believe they are that fucking stupid to put a corridor on a game. On 64 man servers it will be impossible. Seriously though, what the fuck were they thinking.

I can't hit anything with the SVD. I held my breath and shot a guy 4 times and nothing. Either I suck or the picnic table he was hiding under had a huge hitbox.

I wish the guns were slightly less accurate. I prefer how the guns handle on BF2 to the MW style that has become the norm.

I haven't made it past the 2nd part of the map, however I've only played 3 or 4 rounds. That corridor on the second part is a nightmare. I can't believe they are that fucking stupid to put a corridor on a game. On 64 man servers it will be impossible. Seriously though, what the fuck were they thinking.

i did alright with the svd, but not great. i do agree with the less accurate and it seems i only get head shot, and I'm not sure if i just suck cause its been forever since i played an fps or if its just bs. i got caught from across the map with a pistol head shot i mean WTF.

i haven't made it passed the second part either that area is fucken nuts. i don't see how that will work on a 64 man server it will just be a total blood bath. its bad enough with the small groups you have now let alone a full server. you couldn't have designed a worse area 2 straight narrow pathways with limited hiding ability and the attacking side has the ability to bring a tank half way down it as well.

what i don't understand is being in prone in bushes or some sort of cover no taking a shot and getting blasted by an SMG from across the map.

Played a bit more today. Seems people have started to get the hang of this. Seeing the 3rd part more often. I'm finding the best tactic for the game is stick a medic kit on a corner, prone, and just peek round while scoping and pick people off. Slowly advancing forward. pretty much just camping until you feel it's right to push up. I wish people would stop ramboing. There's no point in having the ability to revive if the corpse is in the open. Shotgun should not belong to the assault class. It's too good having the ability to camp a tight corridor and heal whenever you want. Would be better on support class.

Played a bit more today. Seems people have started to get the hang of this. Seeing the 3rd part more often. I'm finding the best tactic for the game is stick a medic kit on a corner, prone, and just peek round while scoping and pick people off. Slowly advancing forward. pretty much just camping until you feel it's right to push up. I wish people would stop ramboing. There's no point in having the ability to revive if the corpse is in the open. Shotgun should not belong to the assault class. It's too good having the ability to camp a tight corridor and heal whenever you want. Would be better on support class.

yeah i agree, i hit rank 2 in recon. i found some nice places to camp on defend and assault. your right though to many guys just running into the fire trying to be heroes over and over and over again. some guy last game i played died 25 times i mean WTF.