Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beanz

Battlefield 3

179 posts in this topic

Yeah, everyone talking shit are the people on consoles.

Of course it's going to be bad on consoles, it's a fucking PC game at heart.

Edited by Slippery Pete

Playing the beta right now, straight awful. DICE/EA just trolled every gamer that ever got hyped on this game. I honestly can't believe how bad it is on 360, BFBC2 was straight 10x better than this. The PC version is BETTER than the console version, but it's still not amazing. The graphics are good, but it doesn't change the fact that the gameplay is straight terribad. They lost so much money releasing this beta ayiyiyi.

Hey man, it's trying a game out.It usually takes like 2 hours to see if a game is any good or not. You're just bitter because it blows.

i would love to know how the game play is bad? its the same game play in bc2. i think people are so use to COD's run and gun they aren't use to the style. i was talking to a co worker about it and how he needs to lead shots and if hes sniping he might have to aim above the person due to distance and he just looked lost. I'm not sure if things are that bad on consoles but when i played the beta on PC it was great, the game play was solid BF and the graphics looked amazing.

Bad player /= bad game. I haven't played it at all, but I can see people complaining because it doesn't play like CoD.

If the problem is realism, let this game be riddled with problems.

I'm not a shitty FPS player, I play a lot of COD, but that doesn't mean I'm going to suck at this game. I went 2:1 almost every game I played and was top score on my team almost every time. Anytime we lost it was because my teammates had no clue what the fuck they were doing. If you don't have a mic in this game you're screwed.

Can I tell you how many retarded glitches there are though?

-Can't run so you have to zoom into your gun before you can run again, literally happened to everyone at least 3x a game yesterday.

-Getting revived by a medic, but you can't shoot so you have to suicide yourself.

-Falling through the map and being unkillable.

-Screen changing colors and making it impossible to see until you die.

The game comes out in 1 month. There is no way they are going to have time to fix all of these. Lots of these glitches are major problems in the console version that are going to take a lot of time to repair.

Today has been better cause I grouped up with some people I met in a game. Got some MVP medals and straight carried a team in one of my first games, got 7,000 points or something. The best was me and one other person went 2v7 and won a game. They couldn't run down our tickets and we just kept stealthing into the bomb sites.

Lots of bugs still though, really hope they fix it in the patch update today.

They are going to fix the bugs dude.

That's the whole point of betas.

Edit: Honestly I don't give a shit about the console versions. Has anyone played it on PC yet?

Edited by Slippery Pete

I had most of the same problems. My favorite was when the audio completely cut out except for gunfire and my gun grew this weird add on that blocked like half the screen everytime I looked down the sights

Had an early invite for 360 and was pretty excited. I experienced the glitches above but again, it is in beta for a reason so I wasn't to put off. I've seen worse things in beta coming up on release that were resolved so I'm not worried. Besides I'm playing on PC!

Or so I thought. Holy shit does the PC beta suck ass. Sooooooo many glitches and such terrible server stability it is almost unplayable from my region. My buddy that lives in the next city over said he's getting the same thing. Something is terribly wrong with their PC side and I really hope they can smooth it out cause as is, it's totally worthless. It seems like some people are having a good experience but everyone I've talked to in person has had next to no fun on PC and is playing beta on console.

So for now I'll brush up on my console play until PC is playable.

Still excited and I really don't understand what all the people are talking about when they say it has bad game play...

I fully expect the PC beta to be rife with glitches and server instability, that's the whole point of a beta. There are a lot more compatibility issues on PC (obviously) so the kinks will take some time to iron out. Don't lose faith, they're not going to let this game ship if there are crippling problems.

I fully expect the PC beta to be rife with glitches and server instability, that's the whole point of a beta. There are a lot more compatibility issues on PC (obviously) so the kinks will take some time to iron out. Don't lose faith, they're not going to let this game ship if there are crippling problems.

True. Haven't tried playing today but servers were down last night so here's hoping there is some improvement. Having a small LAN tonight with some friends from the old neighborhood and we had intended on playing the shit out of the PC beta. If it's not playable we'll just have to switch off on 360 and no one wants that.

What you guys don't get is developers put betas out 4-6 months before a release. This game comes out in less than 30 days, no way can they fix all this shit. You can't even join games with friends properly, it bugs out half the time and splits everyone up.

What you don't get is that they can push back PC release if they need to. Game developers and programmers are masters of the crunch, really not worried when there is still almost a month to go.

What you guys don't get is developers put betas out 4-6 months before a release. This game comes out in less than 30 days, no way can they fix all this shit. You can't even join games with friends properly, it bugs out half the time and splits everyone up.

what you don't get is the build everyone is playing is actually 1-3 months old. So they probably already have fixed a lot of these bugs.

Edited by Slippery Pete

I'm not in any beta but I can tell you four reasons why I'm not worried:

Modern Combat was great.

Bad Company was great.

Bad Company 2 was great.

Bad Company 2 Vietnam expansion was great.

Even Medal of Honor multiplayer, which was DICE produced, was pretty good.

So yea, not worried.

What you don't get is that they can push back PC release if they need to. Game developers and programmers are masters of the crunch, really not worried when there is still almost a month to go.

Hahah no way. This is millions of dollars of investment with a carefully chosen date, they won't just push it back like that. More importantly, the game should be finished by now because print magazines need the game for review, they need to produce the physical product and ship it out around the world before the date to make sure it is there ON the date. And then to fix major bugs before all of that?

But I think betas these days are more a form of marketing than checking the actual product, so yes, you're probably playing an older version of the game.