Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beanz

Battlefield 3

179 posts in this topic

You're right, no one has ever pushed back the release date of a game after it was announced... oh wait. Yes, yes they have. But random encounter brings up a good point. That said I'm going to sit back and wait.

Everyones claiming this is an an 1-3 month old alpha build, but no one has proof. Someone please show me a build because lots of DICE people are twittering asking for in game advice because this is a current build.

I haven't been able to get onto this game at all. When it was first available, EA's servers were obviously down. Since then, I always get the message "Unknown error," and the game freezes.

Been playing this with some boardies A LOTTTT. Really really really really starting to like it. If this game is this addicting/fun on one map over and over and over then I'm down. M16 feels so good, awesome that you can switch from 1 burst to 3 burst.

Also the SV98 might be the funnest gun in the history of video games. Watch this video...

For those of you playing on PC, how bad is the Sarlacc Pit?

At least on Xbox, at the first section's A, no matter what, you are sucked into the void.

So far, I haven't been sucked into the pit once. I've actually had just about zero problems.

I played this for the first time at my friends place yesterday. He has a 360. Didn't notice too many glitches, but I threw a grenade and it fell into the floor at one point. It's obviously a computer game. The graphics look comparable to Black Ops on console, Pretty rough.

The Sarlacc Pit is gone on PC. I haven't had the problem in the last two days.

I'm also playing this on Xbox. Add me!

GT: Scizzryo

Edited by ScottYEAH

Straight up raped today. Dropped 50 kills 7 deaths in a match, pretty stoked on that. Been playing with Fyre and some other boardies and its been too much fun.

TIP: Best guns in the game are the SVD and MK11, the starting sniper rifles. Went on a 27 kill streak with the MK11 in one of my later rounds today. 120m headshot was my longest. Thing can 1-2 shot anywhere on the map and it's semi-auto so you can just keep firing. It needs a nerf BAD.

Doesn't the 360 version only run at 30 FPS? That being said, who here will be playing this on PC? You know, because that's what this game was originally meant to be played on.

esStreaker add me son! I'll be playing a ton tomorrow.

Just played like 3-4 rounds, once again MK11 is the best gun hands down. For the first phase of operation metro use the standard x7 (i think) sniper scope. Second phase put holographic on it and 2 shot everyone. I went on a 17 kill streak with it in the second phase, there's a really cool hidden spot by B that you can't be seen in because of fire and everyone runs past you.

Edited by Streaker

Cause I'm awesome at console FPS. You wouldn't be stoked going on a 27 kill streak in BF3 or getting 120 kills in one game of MW2?

Gtfo.

Honestly, getting 150+ kills in MW never really "satisfied" my "zomg I"m good at FPS" thirst. If anything, it made me realize how awful a majority of the players are. That's great, millions of people play. Now find people who are on your level and see how many kills are racked up. Not trying to rain on your parade Streaker, I know you're good when we played Halo in the past. When I merc people, I just laugh for a little bit. I get more satisfaction when it's a close game (and win) and I'm not the only one with the best stats.

Have any of you here played this game on the 360 and PC? To reiterate my last question, doesn't the 360 get less FPS than PC? That's what I read some time ago and I wasn't sure if they changed anything around.

^

idk how to embed videos anymore, but watch that shit.

Also it was just announced that the final version on 360/PS3 looks a lot better than the beta version. When the retail game comes out for 360 you can install the game to your HD and the game will stream a high resolution graphics pack (or something I don't know what the fuck is going on with technology these days) and the graphics are a lot nicer then the current ones. All of the bugs/glitches have pretty much been fixed for 2-3 months they said. The beta they released on consoles was like a 2 month old pre alpha build that was compressed to meet the 2gb limit on xbox live downloads or something.

TL;DR: Console graphics will be way nicer in retail version and all of the bugs/glitches were already fixed months ago. If people really want me to I can get the sources to this info or you can just google it and it'll come up pretty quick.

On a side note I really think it would be fun to have boreds night in this game. There's like 15 people that play on the 360, it'd be super fun to get everyone on one team and play. Not serious stuff, just downright fun.

Edited by Streaker

Did you guys hear about the "texture pack" that is going to ship with the console versions? It's an optional* install that greatly improves the graphical fidelity (obvious). Very interesting, I wonder how many console games have already done this and/or how many developers are going to start implementing this strategy. I'm all about it.