9,510 posts in this topic

The Carmelo deal is "officially" dead.

BUT NEW RENDERINGS OF THE BARCLAYS CENTER!!!

rend_exterior.jpg

rend_site1.jpg

I love how empty the streets are. Even at 3 AM the traffic isn't that light in downtown BK. That intersection is going to look like a Los Angeles freeway when this thing is finished.

<_<

Quick question, Shane : Are you one of those people that thinks Brook Lopez and Devin Harris are mediocre players and Carmelo shouldn't go to them because of it?

I only ask you because you're the resident Nets fan and I disagree with those who say that.

I like the potential of Lopez and TWill but Harris plays recklessly and I think he'll always be hurt. The possible lockout has to be the big reason that Carmelo is pushing for a trade now. If he really wanted to play for the Nets or Knicks, he'd wait until next offseason and sign outright. I don't think he wants to come over here as much as he just wants an extension in a "better" city.

Knicks training camp starting five: Turiaf, Amar'e, Gallo, Mason Jr, Felton

This is where I wish I could do the Opie & Anthony laugh at my roommate

(although Anthony Randolph is an under-the-radar pick-up...they didn't really lose at all by giving up David Lee)

He still thinks they're going to land Carmelo or CP3.

If he's traded, then it's definitely not to the Knicks...they have no fucking draft picks.

My roommate doesn't seem to understand this concept other than his stubborness that the Knicks are a team that any FA would die to go (just isn't true, as they haven't been competitive in a long while). It's just been bad ownership and bad GM's.

I really hope that Carmelo lands on the Bulls (without them giving up Joakim Noah, but that would mean waiting until the offseason) or the Nets.

The Bulls can't keep Noah and get Carmello, even if they pull off a trade that doesn't include Noah. They will not have the money to pay in the future and retain Rose, Boozer, Carmello, AND Noah.

Ya, imagine if they didn't go after Boozer when they weren't able to land one of the other top guys. Then they could be a realistic player for Carmelo right now. Though, after all that cap clearing and what not, I guess they just had to make a move in the offseason.

Shane, whats that brown/green thing supposed to be in front of the stadium? Just some random architecture with plants growing on it?

That entire brown facade is just last-minute touch on an already bad design. Under that, the arena is shaped like a barn. Frank Gehry was the original designer and it looked great, but he quit when things kept getting delayed.

@ atila: it's nature, silly!

the arena as of 9 days ago:

Watching Agent Zero play in a scrimmage at Wizards training camp. He looks really good. His situation might be similar to Mike Vick's case -- some time off and a healthy dose of humility has these two former stars playing real dope.

so someone asked kobe who would win in a 1 on 1 with lebron vs himself....

it starts out sounding arrogant, but his explanation is pretty valid i think.

^Wow.

Lakers fans, tomorrow the road to the second three-peat in a decade begins! Noon on NBAtv, though NBA.com says it will be on KCAL 9 as well (though I don't see it).

so someone asked kobe who would win in a 1 on 1 with lebron vs himself....

it starts out sounding arrogant, but his explanation is pretty valid i think.

Come on. I'd totally take LeBron vs. Kobe 1 on 1. Now, who would I want on my team? Kobe.

Sucks Boozer is out, but 2 months isn't that big of a deal, I mean, he'll be back before Christmas!- I think I'm rooting for the Bulls in the East, not sure why, but I've liked them ever since that crazy Celtics series they had a couple years ago.

Yes!

My favorite beat writer, Brian Windhorst, will cover LeBron for ESPN.

He went to the same high school as LeBron and wrote for the Cleveland Plain-Dealer.

He's written, like, 4 books dealing with LeBron or something.

Plus, he's great on Twitter.

http://twitter.com/pdcavsinsider

^the user name might change though

Okay I just watched it and you're right, it's great.

Lol at the "Kobe was in here last week" bit and the Dr. Dre working on something bit, that was really good.

1 Miami Heat

2 Orlando Magic

3 Boston Celtics

4 Atlanta Hawks

5 Chicago Bulls

6 Milwaukee Bucks

7 Washington Wizards

8 New York Knicks

Charlotte Bobcats

New Jersey Nets

Indiana Pacers

Detroit Pistons