9,511 posts in this topic

1. Miami

2. Boston -no way does Orlando top them, no matter how much older they got + with Perkins injured. They got Delonte West (underrated pickup), Avery Bradley (#1 high school prospect a year ago...Celts have NEVER had a pure PG to backup Rondo), Luke Harangody (he'll be in the league for 10+ years), Jermaine O'Neal, and Shaquille O'Neal...I also think that they're going to coast through the regular season again.

3. Chicago -they made some nice moves other than Boozer (not high on)...plus, Tom Thibideau is a solid coach. Don't know how he'll be as a HC though. Also, expect Derrick Rose to emerge now that he's not held back by Vinny Del Negro. He hurt himself very early last year and he struggled out the gate. Watch him closely. He might be a top 5 MVP candidate this year, although he doesn't have a shot in hell at winning it. His defensive game is weak and Thibideau will help improve him on that, at the very least.

4. Orlando

5. Atlanta

6. Milwaukee-I hope Bogut gets healthy. I didn't like the moves that Milwaukee made this offseason.

7. Charlotte

8. Indiana

Washington

New York Knicks-I fully expect Amare to suffer another injury that will sideline him this year or next.

New Jersey

Detroit

Philadelphia

Cleveland

Toronto

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Lakers

2. Thunder -they finished 8th last year, but 2-8 in the West were all basically within a game of each other.

3. Suns

4. Mavericks

5. Portland

6. Houston

7. Spurs

8. Jazz -they lost Boozer + Korver and they keep on giving guys up for nothing. I think they even finally give up Kirilenko. Okur is out for awhile with his achilles.

Denver-I hate this team. Really weird chemistry guys. Trade Carmelo already!

New Orleans Hornets-Chris Paul's the best PG in the league. And it isn't even really close. People forget that just because he got injured and he plays for one of the worst franchises in the league (after Katrina they played in OKC for a year; bad owner and they just got a new one; they might move). It's unfortunate, but CP3 + Deron Williams should leave their teams. They both play for shit franchises. Nobody wants to COME to Utah or New Orleans. Once Jerry Sloan retires, there's no point in staying. Since Utah's owner has died, they've been making a LOT of cheap moves that are reminiscent of the Suns (giving up players for cash). I'd be pissed if I were a Jazz fan.

Grizzlies

Clippers

Kings

Warriors

Minnesota

MVP-Kevin Durant

DPoY-Dwight Howard

RoY-John Wall

6MoY - Terrence Williams (wishful thinking, real answer is James Harden)

MIP- Anthony Randolph (he's going to benefit sooooo much from Mike D'antoni's system...watch out for him. Don Nelson NEVER gave him a chance)

CPoY- Yao Ming (hope he stays healthy, but I doubt it)

CoY-Jerry Sloan (he deserves it...but you know he'll never get it)...Scott Skiles, Tom Thibideau, Alvin Gentry

Finals -Lakers over Heat in 7 (I don't expect Bynum to be healthy...and I can see this Finals going either way. LeBron's the best player in the game and Wade might be the 2nd best player for all we know. Both played on shitty teams without much help. And yes, I agree with Kobe that he would beat LeBron 1-on-1 and LeBron's more like Magic Johnson. But Magic's the 2nd best player of all time behind Michael Jordan. So that's not bad to be)

I really hope the Thunder come in and take over though.

I don't want to see either of these 2 teams win.

CASSIDY PICKING THE LAKERS WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Lebron is like a Magic Johnson Jr.... but Kobe is like a Michael Jordan Jr.... and since we all know Magic was the 2nd best ever, we also know who the best ever was. =)

As such, Kobe > LeBron

wooo!

1. Miami

2. Chicago

3. Orlando

4. Boston

5. Milwaukee

6. Washington

7. Atlanta

8. Charlotte

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Lakers

2. Thunder

3. Blazers

4. Spurs

5. Rockets

6. Mavs

7. Suns

8. Jazz

I think the regular season is going to be boring. I think the Spurs will be better than we think, the Blazers and Rockets will bounce back after injuries, Agent Zero will play big in Washington, the Bulls will do better than the Heat in the playoffs, and the Thunder and Blazers are the only teams that will even be able to sniff a chance at beating the Lakers. I'm also assuming Carmelo gets traded. If he doesn't, I think the Nuggets will be a 5 seed-ish.

Finals -Lakers over Celtics in 5 ...I think the Heat will coast through the regular season and not be able to turn it up come playoffs.

It's a little early for this, but:

Eastern Conference

1) Miami

2) Orlando

3) Boston

4) Chicago

5) New York

6) Atlanta

7) Milwaukee

8) Washington

9) Charlotte

10) Cleveland

11) New Jersey

12) Indiana

13) Detroit

14) Philadelphia

15) Toronto

Western Conference

1) Lakers

2) Blazers

3) Spurs

4) Mavericks

5) Thunder

6) Suns

7) Hornets

8) Jazz

9) Rockets

10) Clippers

11) Grizzlies

12) Warriors

13) Kings

14) Wolves

* If the Nuggets keep Carmelo, I think they'd be the 6th seed and push the Jazz out. If they don't, I think they'll finish 11th.

Eastern Conference Finals: Celtics over Heat

Western Conference Finals: Blazers over Thunder (If I was making a "safe" pick, it'd be the Lakers. But I'll make this fun)

Finals: Celtics over Blazers in 6

Rookie of the Year: 1) John Wall 2) DeMarcus Cousins 3) Blake Griffin

MVP: Derrick Rose.

1. Miami

2. Orlando

3. Chicago

4. Boston

5. Atlanta

6. Milwaukee

7. Charlotte

8. Washington

1. Los Angeles Lakers

2. San Antonio

3. Oklahoma City

4. Utah

5. Portland

6. Dallas

7. Houston

8. Memphis

Eastern Conference Finals: Miami over Chicago

Western Conference Finals: Los Angeles over San Antonio

NBA Finals: Los Angeles over Miami

MVP: Durant

ROY: Demarcus Cousins

Most Improved: Tyson Chandler?

8. Jazz -they lost Boozer + Korver and they keep on giving guys up for nothing. I think they even finally give up Kirilenko. Okur is out for awhile with his achilles.

Wait hold up here. What the fuck. First of all they didn't give up AK. Second of all you are completely SPACING on who they picked up. Fucking Al Jefferson...most underrated offseason pickup. They replaced Boozer with a younger Boozer and wait til he gets teamed up with D-Will. And also yes losing Korver hurts but they got Raja Bell/Gordan Hayward to replace that whole. Maybe not completely but they got better defensively and Hayward can be a deep threat. FUCK Boozer good ridance to that bastard. WEAK shit in the playoffs and injury prone as all hell. How did we give up boozer for nothing. We used a trade exception from the Boozer deal to get Jefferson. I'm pretty sure that is not nothing. Okur out blows. We signed him to a bad deal.

New Orleans Hornets-Chris Paul's the best PG in the league. And it isn't even really close. People forget that just because he got injured and he plays for one of the worst franchises in the league (after Katrina they played in OKC for a year; bad owner and they just got a new one; they might move). It's unfortunate, but CP3 + Deron Williams should leave their teams. They both play for shit franchises. Nobody wants to COME to Utah or New Orleans. Once Jerry Sloan retires, there's no point in staying. Since Utah's owner has died, they've been making a LOT of cheap moves that are reminiscent of the Suns (giving up players for cash). I'd be pissed if I were a Jazz fan.

How is it not close?? The GM's in the league just voted D-Will as the number one point guard in the league. The man can do it all. You are crazy if you think it's not even close.

Oh and the Jazz franchise is one of the best in the NBA. HOF coach and owners that will pay dollars in a small market. NO-ONE wants to come to Utah huh...Boozer didn't, Korver didn't, Jefferson didn't, Raja Bell didn't....

Cheap moves?? They have made a few cheap moves...like getting rid of Maynor and Harpring last year. They also got rid of Brewer to Memphis...but that deal was brilliant. They knew Wesley Matthews was gonna step it up and he did. Dumped Brewer because he wasn't really needed anymore.

I couldn't be more stoked as a Jazz fan...HOF coach, best PG in the league, got rid of Boozer for Jefferson, picked up a hard nosed leader in Bell...I was pissed at the beginning of the summer but the ownership and Kevin O'conner have come thru huge with the guys they've gotten in here.

I'm not saying we will be in the top half of the West...too many unknowns but this franchise is not terrible and they are one of the only small market teams willing to go into the luxury tax.

To Gabe...

my bad.

I brainfarted and COMPLETELY forgot that they got Al Jefferson.

I didn't like how they gave up Eric Maynor for nothing. Deron NEEDS a backup PG + Maynor is that as he has shown for the Thunder.

And then Ronnie Brewer.

I like Wesley Matthews a lot.

But I disagree with you on CP3-Deron, although I know that Jazz fans will disagree with this vehemently.

Everybody overwhelmingly thinks that Deron is the best PG in the league right now only because Chris Paul was injured last year. And, really, this has been the only time he's been injured in his career. And he missed more games than he should because their team was going to the lottery, their coach was fired, and they were selling anyway. Celtics shut down Paul Pierce way early in 2006-2007 because there was no point in having him play through it for a losing team.

This and Deron has lucked out with better players and a better coach while CP3 has been left for dead with David West and a bunch of guys past their primes or who never cut it in the first place. He made people that had no business of looking good look good (shades of Jason Kidd doing just that with those crap Nets teams). And it's harder to do when his team, with their owner that was looking to sell and slashed salary each season as a result.

Now, I'm not saying that Deron is playing for a championship-caliber team because it's hard to compete against the likes of the Lakers or Celtics. But who has the better franchise? It's obviously the Jazz.

yo marty -

did you catch that first C's preseason game? The bench this year looks like it could be straight legit, and I'm liking the look of Shaq so far (yes, I understand this is the first preseason game of the season, and the sixers). This Semih Erden guy impressed me...seems like a really raw Pau Gasol-type.

yo marty -

did you catch that first C's preseason game? The bench this year looks like it could be straight legit, and I'm liking the look of Shaq so far (yes, I understand this is the first preseason game of the season, and the sixers). This Semih Erden guy impressed me...seems like a really raw Pau Gasol-type.

I never check out preseason games really, except maybe for football.

Is Semih Erden actually joining the Celtics this year though? I thought he was staying? I heard great things, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I do think that people are retarded for picking the Magic to be ahead of us unless Dwight Howard miraculously gets a post game. That and Rashard Lewis + Vince Carter get worse each season and suck in the playoffs. Lewis' contract is only going to look worse and worse than it was when he signed it.

Our bench has to be considered one of the deepest in the league.

I'm worried about how effective Perkins will be when he comes back in February.

They got Shaq only for certain series come playoff time. I hope he gets in shape, but he's the oldest player in the league. His game makes much more sense for the Celtics than it did for the Suns or Cavs.

I REALLY like Delonte and I was bummed when they traded him off our team after his first time around.

He's a GREAT backup, absolutely mauls small guards on D, and has great instincts.

He got benched in last year's playoffs for reasons I won't understand.

I'll stand by this: against us in 2007-2008 playoffs, he was the 2nd best player for the Cavs.

He can back up Rondo better than Eddie House or Nate Robinson could as a pure PG...I'm intrigued by Avery Bradley.

^if he did in fact bang LeBron's mom, he's a legend.

Wizards may become Bullets again

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/10/owner-washington-wizards-may-become-bullets-again/

^I went to college with a girl who is a season ticketholder to the Wizards and knows the Wizards well.

Her father was the one guy behind getting the team name changed.

Even she disagrees with her dad and wishes it was the Bullets.

To Gabe...

my bad.

I brainfarted and COMPLETELY forgot that they got Al Jefferson.

I didn't like how they gave up Eric Maynor for nothing. Deron NEEDS a backup PG + Maynor is that as he has shown for the Thunder.

And then Ronnie Brewer.

I like Wesley Matthews a lot.

But I disagree with you on CP3-Deron, although I know that Jazz fans will disagree with this vehemently.

Everybody overwhelmingly thinks that Deron is the best PG in the league right now only because Chris Paul was injured last year. And, really, this has been the only time he's been injured in his career. And he missed more games than he should because their team was going to the lottery, their coach was fired, and they were selling anyway. Celtics shut down Paul Pierce way early in 2006-2007 because there was no point in having him play through it for a losing team.

This and Deron has lucked out with better players and a better coach while CP3 has been left for dead with David West and a bunch of guys past their primes or who never cut it in the first place. He made people that had no business of looking good look good (shades of Jason Kidd doing just that with those crap Nets teams). And it's harder to do when his team, with their owner that was looking to sell and slashed salary each season as a result.

Now, I'm not saying that Deron is playing for a championship-caliber team because it's hard to compete against the likes of the Lakers or Celtics. But who has the better franchise? It's obviously the Jazz.

I've heard this argument so many times it's ridiculous. People knock on Deron because of the talent on the team/better franchise/coaches. But the man produces on every level of the game and at some point you gotta give him some due credit. He deserves to be called the best PG in the game right now based on his performances. Deron has got the complete game. I don't think Paul is quite on the same level. For now i won't listen to people with the Deron is on a better team argument....just doesn't hold water. It's all based on outside factors.

If anyone wants I have a spot open in a 12 man and 8 man league on ESPN. I run a pretty good league, I would say (I put a lot of time into the customization aspect of it). Lots of weekly trophies/awards and such, keeps it interesting. Here is a link to check out. If anyone is interested let me know. =)

League Home

Trophy Catalog

Yeah, smart move.

Although having home court may have been the difference in the Finals last year, it's been pretty unimportant outside of Lakers/Celtics lately.

Go ahead and get the 8th seed for all I care, I'd rather have everyone healthy and ready for the playoffs.

In fact,

I pledge to not complain about the Lakers until after the all-star break. Take note.

Haha that would be something, most of us Lakers fan find something/anything to complain about. Just look at the ESPN board and people's reaction to going 0-2 so far in the pre-season. Pretty funny stuff.