atila

Prince

37 posts in this topic

Talk about Prince...

His set at Coachella 2008 was the best concert I've ever seen and there is no comparison... one of the greatest guitarist to ever walk the earth.

Anyways he is starting a residency at the Great Western Forum on April 14 for 3 weeks... no info other than that released yet but I want to get tickets to one show preferably the last...

If you live in the LA area and can afford this at all you have to go see this guy?

best live show i've ever seen and it's not even close... radiohead, rage, daft punk, nine inch nails, all the great shows i've ever seen... none even comparable to prince.

best live show i've ever seen and it's not even close... radiohead, rage, daft punk, nine inch nails, all the great shows i've ever seen... none even comparable to prince.

It was probably the drugs. And I am sure if you had gone to the Roosevelt Residency, it wouldve been the best thing ever...

London, California? Not that many shows there these days, bro.

You attempts at trolling get worse and worse every day.

First 3 shows onsale April 12th at 10am. $25 ''all in'' tickets will be sold too.. BTW. this will make everyone wanna go

Prince has declared that roughly 85% of all tickets will be available at $25, inclusive of all service fees.

Prince Welcome 2 America Live “21 Nite Stand” Los Angeles Dates:

Thursday, April 14th The Forum - Los Angeles On Sale: 4/12 at 10am

Thursday, April 21st The Forum - Los Angeles On Sale: 4/12 at 10am

Friday, April 22nd The Forum - Los Angeles On Sale: 4/12 at 10am

Yeah, I think Prince doing a 3 hour set will give you your moneys worth....

Night 1

DMSR

Pop Life

Prince & The Band

Extraordinary

Uptown

Raspberry Beret

Cream

Cool

(The Time cover) (with Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough interpolation)

Let's Work

U Got the Look

Purple Rain

Let's Go Crazy

Delirious

The Beautiful Ones

Little Red Corvette

17. Encore:

Kiss

When Doves Cry / Nasty Girls / Sign Of The Times / Darling Nikki / 777-9311 / Single Ladies

If Eye Was Ur Girlfriend

Insatiable

Scandalous

Adore

24. Encore 2:

A Love Bizarre

(Sheila E. cover) (with Sheila E.)

Play That Funky Music

(Wild Cherry cover)

Controversy

(with Housequake chants)

28. Encore 3:

The Glamorous Life

(Sheila E. cover) (with Sheila E.)

Peach

(with Sheila E.)

31. Encore 4:

Dance (Disco Heat)

(Sylvester cover)

Baby I'm a Star

34. Encore 5:

Stratus

(Billy Cobham cover)

Sometimes It Snows in April

37. Encore 6:

Laydown

Endorphinmachine

She's Always in My Hair

Dreamer

(Instrumental)

Welcome 2 America

So last nights show was very good... the opener, Esperanza something, jazz/bassist who won a Grammy recently, very good performance.

Prince was awesome, only played for 2 hours though. Wish he played longer... Definitely not as good as the Coachella show (but I think Prince himself knew that was more of a party so he had a much more upbeat show).

One thing for anyone curious... if you get $25 tickets right when they go on sale YOU WILL HAVE AMAZING SEATS. We were to the side of the stage, right next to the drummer, but we were only about 30ft away from him. I mean, our seats/view were better than the $200 and $500 seats in front of us who were just a couple rows ahead but on the ground (and the stage itself sits about 10ft above ground, so those people paying big bucks had to look up entire show).

$25 tickets, no fees, nothing... some of the best seats in the house. I was so shocked how good the seats ended up being.

Yes he did, I had a ticket ready to buy, but didnt pull the trigger. He did all obscure stuff pretty much and jammed a ton. That night was more about being able to say you saw Prince in a small setting and seeing how talented he really is, cause he only did maybe 15 songs each set. BUT LAST NIGHT, oh my. I finally went last night, that was some shit! Janelle Monae opening, Stevie Wonder was a special guest. Just under a 3 hour set.

Janelle

2uy26hs.jpg

20qgeq1.jpg

29qbpjd.jpg

24fwj80.jpg

Purple One

67sbd3.jpg

30hsqvk.jpg

344894z.jpg

ieh82h.jpg

t0rng3.jpg

35n6mc8.jpg

I didn't know Prince had any fans under the age of 35.

Sorry, I just can't stand his music. /Debbie Downer

ok ive had enough of you and your shitty taste in music, shut the fuck up and listen to this shit and learn a lesson in music you little snot nosed brat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_EEvpiNzO8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucZRore0-EE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziJwByNzceo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vndmVlx9pI0

now get the fuck out of here

My friend wanted to go see Prince in LA but no one would go with her so I told her to buy me a ticket and I'd go. I know most of Prince's singles but someone upload a Prince mixtape or something.

I didn't know Prince had any fans under the age of 35.

Sorry, I just can't stand his music. /Debbie Downer

Ok, I am 30, wtf is your problem. So I grew up on this stuff, sorry about that you stupid wannabe hipster.

My friend wanted to go see Prince in LA but no one would go with her so I told her to buy me a ticket and I'd go. I know most of Prince's singles but someone upload a Prince mixtape or something.

I wouldnt worry about it too much, he doesnt play that much new material.

Yea, everything is a dance party anyways. Just take a couple plastic bottles of alcohol in your pocket so you don't have to wait in the ridiculous lines (they don't search you if you don't have a bag)

Interwebz 101: When a post ends with something like "/Debbie Downer" it probably wasn't meant to be taken very seriously.

Oh, you forgot to say in your post ''I can't believe theres people who are under 35 and not black who like Prince''. You forgot to play the race card.