Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Midwestern Stylings

The Hip-Hop thread

115 posts in this topic

let me know if this works:

by the way, i haven't forgotten about your waffles invite - they haven't opened them up yet.

Oh, no worries. I figured as much. Thanks for uploading this—I thought most people had forgotten about Binary Star by now, if they knew them at all to begin with.

blackthought won that^ for me, great all the way through, though.

no jay z posts or thread? i mean, i know it was lackluster, but not even a discussion...

that vid is even more proof how much eminem sucks now. sure he can "rap" but his content and delivery is just wack. especially compared to Mos and Black Thought. and i've listened to 100x more Em than i have either of them, so i wouldnt say im biased. Em just sucks now.

I'm not a fan of his^ based on the few songs I've heard on the radio, but I feel more apathetic toward him than anything.

Eminem is still good, just a shell of his former self. I saw him at Bonnaroo a few years ago and he was quite impressive.

I definitely still like Macklemore, even if his flow isn't the greatest. I respect his passion and positive messages. I'm glad he blew up. 

What I've been into as of recent:

this is really fucking good. even if you hate mac miller (im not super into his new album but i think it has some cool stuff). this is a live version of most of his new album and its really really awesome. wish the album sounded like this.

my guys are opening for glassjaw on friday. so weird but so awesome. BASTARDS OF THE PARTY is out September 3rd on Fools Gold. tell your friends. tell your mom. tell your twitter followers. tag #botp all over your town. tattoo the world's fair globe across your girlfriend's forehead. come see them when they're in your area. okay? thanks. QUEENS.

moving on, i'm really into the little i've heard from TDE's new kid:

Edited by Shane

I don't get why there's controversy over that song.  How does anyone interpret Kendrick's verse as a big insult?  I'm confused.

Also don't get what the "ugh" means.  But I'm stupid with this stuff.