Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Midwestern Stylings

The Hip-Hop thread

115 posts in this topic

He's doing a lot of features because it's huge money / exposure. i know so many girls who knew his name but never gave him a chance until he did songs with Miguel and Drake. Some of those song are great (Street Dreams, How Many Drinks, Control, Collard Greens, 1 Train, Fuckin' Problems, Forbidden Fruit, UENEO Remix) and some are weak, but I wouldn't read too much into it. His live show is better than it's ever been, he's lyrically just as skilled as ever and from every recent interview I've seen, he seems pretty focused on continuing where s80 and gkmc left off.

Anyone else think Kendrick has lost his way after the initial hype wave of his last album?  (I don't know anything.)

yea he preformed with miley cyus

Anyone else think Kendrick has lost his way after the initial hype wave of his last album?  (I don't know anything.)

yea he preformed with miley cyus

biggie did a song with shaquille o'neal. jay-z put out a mashup album with linkin park.

if his next album is great, nobody will care.

if his next album is great, nobody will care.

That's true.

I wasn't talking about the VMAs really; I was more talking about some of the weak collabs he's done, where he raps about shit he spent an entire album carefully (and artfully) going against.

I don't care about the VMA thing; I was more talking about some of the weak collabs that he's done, where he raps about stuff he spent an entire album carefully (and artfully) going against.

You're right though.  As long as the next album is good, I don't care.

"I'm Makaveli's offspring, I'm the king of New York
King of the Coast, one hand, I juggle them both"
- Kendrick Lamar

"Be a king? Think not - why be a king when you can be a God?"
- Eminem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7cQ3b0iqLo

RIP - Kendrick Lamar and he was so young....

for real though, I can't wait until the whole album drops so I can here the track Love Game with Kendrick on it.

tumblr_lx8glnQdO01qi5rtd.gif

Never really got into Future, I guess I just don't get it. But for some reason I'm really liking his clone Desiigner, even if he sounds super lazy his new track is fucking awesome.

Edited by ignitionnight

Denzel is the shit. Between him and Anderson Paak they are my two favorite of the XXL Freshmen... Not counting dicky I guess but he's comedy rap so got them in different categories.