Ey3con

MMA

1,155 posts in this topic

Lets keep all MMA related discussion here.

To start, Shark Fights 13 is tonight.

Main Card

Keith Jardine vs. Trevor Prangley

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs. Houston Alexander

Paul Daley vs. Jorge Masvidal

Joey Villasenor vs. Danillo Villefort

Brock Larson vs. Tarec Saffiedine

Preliminary Card (Sherdog.com Live Stream)

Douglas Evans vs. Ronnie Mann

Paul Bradley vs. John Reese

Devin Cole vs. Aaron Rosa

Karen Darabedyan vs. Daniel Straus

Pete Spratt vs. Eric Davila

frye shouldn't be allowed within ten feet of a microphone. jesus.

"like a wet fart," or, "those were the days when i used to come home drunk and knock the old lady around," and after the awkward pause, "i'm in texas, so it's okay to say that."

2 for 5 on the main card, horrible picks.

Typical Sokoudjou with his first round flurry to second round tank. I was hoping Jardine would walk away with a win here, sucks for him.

Sokodjou's career revolves around one big flash KO of Lil Nog. other then that he has nothing to offer. his cardio sucks, his ground game sucks. if he never KO'd NOG you would have never heard of him.

Pretty much.

UFC Fight Night 22 is this Wednesday. Here is the card:

Main Card

Nate Marquardt (No. 4 MW) vs. Rousimar Palhares

Efrain Escudero vs. Charles Oliveira

Jim Miller vs. Gleison Tibau

Cole Miller vs. Ross Pearson

Preliminary Card

Yves Edwards vs. John Gunderson

Jared Hamman vs. Kyle Kingsbury

Rich Attonito vs. Rafael Natal

David Mitchell vs. Anthony Waldburger

Brian Foster vs. Forrest Petz

Tomasz Drwal vs. Dave Branch

Went 4/4 in Main Card picks last night, even got the first two outcomes correct.

Charles Oliveira is legit. I like that dude. So glad I was able to see his UFC debut in July. Lightweight Division is going to be incredibly entertaining over the next year or so.

Palhares pulled a bitch move in accusing Marquardt of greasing his legs midmatch/right after the fight was stopped. You can't stop the fight like that, son. DEFEND YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES.

Charles Oliveira is legit. I like that dude. So glad I was able to see his UFC debut in July. Lightweight Division is going to be incredibly entertaining over the next year or so.

Oliveira is hot fire. His kicks are so fun to watch. He's gonna get KTFO'd if he keeps that flashy shit up at the top end of the division, but he's so fun to watch. I'm psyched for more.

Palhares pulled a bitch move in accusing Marquardt of greasing his legs midmatch/right after the fight was stopped. You can't stop the fight like that, son. DEFEND YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES.

My sentiments exactly.

Antonio "Mandingo" or "El Negro" or "Wrestlesaurus Rex" McKee has signed a 4-fight contract with the UFC.

Personally, I am STOKED. I think he may very well be the best wrestler at 155lbs anywhere. Give him a mid tier fight first, then throw him in the deep end. He should get a title shot on his 4th fight if he wins his first three convincingly.

Reports Emerge That Chael Sonnen Failed his UFC 117 Drug Test

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=mma-270724

Aww man, i hope this isn't true because this taints the memory of one of the best fights in MMA history. It would explain alot about Sonnen's really weird, angry ranting before the fight though.

ugh, first Shane Carwin gets linked and now this. Tis a dark day.

Fuck Chael Sonnen.

Stayed up to watch DREAM 16 last night. Fell asleep during the second round of Minowaman vs Ishii, woke up right before Mayhem vs Sakuraba and got up and went to bed.

Caught up this morning, time for Saku to call it quits.

UFC 119 picks:

MIr

Bader

Lytle

Dunham

Guillard

Mitrione (but really want Beltran to win)

Dollaway

"Awesomely Awesome" Audinwood

Lopez

Grant

McCorkle

REALLY glad I didn't pay for UFC 119. Or even watch it. Saw Mir KO Crop Cop (lol get it?) though.

Dunham got robbed. Cecil Peoples fucks everyone over again, take that dude's credentials away, Jesus.

Holy shit Dunham got robbed... BIG TIME. I thought it was a worse robbery than Machida-Rua.

I watched it at a bar, and it was actually a pretty entertaining card baring the final fight. The battle between the two most overrated veteran heavyweights was indeed a snooze fest. I'm just surprised Cro Cop lasted as long as he did even with that effed up eye.

Put £5 on mir, sherk and bader. £35 in my pocket, paid for Sundays beers. Good stuff. Though I definitely thought that bet was out straight away but thank god for dodgy decisions.

Great interview by Overeem someone posted on Sherdog http://valetudo.ru/exclusive/interviewseng/2701-alistair-overeem-exlusive-interview i hope this fight happens or at least Reem crushes the rest of the SF HW's but i would love to see him move into the UFC, to see how he stacks up. i think a fight with him and JDS would be epic. i also think The Reem has the best shot of taking out Lesner. his stand up is probably the best out of any of the HW's. he uses his knees more effective then anyone, crisp boxing, AMAZING POWER, he has a good sprawl to try and maybe hold off Brock, and his Jits game is good as well.

Strikeforce Welterweight Championship

Nick Diaz (No. 9 WW) vs. K.J. Noons

i got Diaz in this Noons only beat nick the first time due to a cut. nick continues to steamroll sub par fighters.

Pretty meh on last night's Strikeforce, honestly.

It went as expected. Tyron Woodley was the biggest winner, honestly. One more fight and he'll get a shot at Diaz. Wouldn't be surprised if they gave it to him right away though, who else it there for Diaz?

I don't care about Thomson-Melendez III, and Melendez saying JZ was top 5 in the world was hilarious.

Don't care about seeeing Diaz-Noons III either. I do love seeing Nick Diaz bloodied though, haha.

Hendo-Babalu interview was rough. Couldn't be bothered to pay attention.

Coenen-Kaufman was good, loved seeing Coenen pull of the sub.

After the Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Noons II card, Nick Diaz was walking in the hallway of the HP Pavilion to attend the post-fight press conference. Simultaneously, the guys at Showtime was ushering Mayhem Miller out of the post-fight press conference in order to prevent another Strikeforce: Tennessee. From what I was told, Mayhem was supposed to exit out of the post-fight press conference doors and take a right, while Nick Diaz was going to enter the room in the opposite direction. In short, both fighters would have never crossed paths if this initial plan actually worked, however things sort of 'screwed up'. As Mayhem Miller was walking down the corridor, he abruptly turned around and walked the other way. As the two were approaching each other, things seemed to be somewhat civil. Out of nowhere, Nick Diaz launched a water bottle directly at Mayhem's face -- almost at point-blank range. It hit Mayhem directly in the face, water exploded everywhere and Miller looked stunned. Security got in-between the two and Nick Diaz held his arms up and said 'Come on you fat [expletive]!'. He then tried shoving the security away to get close to Mayhem while screaming 'Let's do it right now!'. Nick Diaz managed to get within swinging distance, and then more security jumped in and held back Nick and finally got him to walk in the opposite direction, towards the post-fight press conference room. This altercation happened outside of the locker rooms. This is not a rumor, it's 100% true.

http://middleeasy.co...4:organizations

More proof that Nick Diaz is a shitty person (still gets props as a fighter, but he's still not great there either).