Ey3con

MMA

1,155 posts in this topic

Lombard calling out "Jacare" was fucking HILARIOUS. Fool would get schooled in a bad way. Once "Jacare" gets through the first minute of Lombard's barrage, there'd be nothing stopping him from latching on a sub of some kind. Something equally hilarious: FIGHT! Magazine has Lombard as their #8 Middleweight... he hasn't faught anyone in the Top 10... ever. Hell, even Top 20, haha.

Totally agree about Diaz-Askren and Alvarez-Melendez though... one-sided beatdown and a battle of epic proportions, respectively.

Haha, one of my favorite media guys, Tomas Rios, tweeted a little while ago something so fitting about Aldo-Grispi:

"A day later and Aldo/Grispi still sounds like the premise of a snuff film to me."

Gonna be a murder scene.

yeah i have Aldo winning this by any way he wants. by the UFC doing this merger i really really hope that they sign some of the guys in Japan. It's really the top competition for Aldo and Cruz. also apparently SF is debating having a HW grand pre. if this happens it would be marginal at best. if they can grow their stable of HW's they might be able to pull something epic off. As much as i love Fedor i feel like M1 would keep him out of this leaving a clear path for Bigfoot to get a shot at Overeem. i hate how people compare the UFC's HW to SF. SF has a totally unproven champ in Reem who's best wins are washed up cro cop and rogers. Fedor, Bigfoot, and Werdum who got crushed by JDS. SF doesnt have enough depth for a great Grand Pre, Igor and AA are irrelevant and who knows when Barnett will test positive again.

When is UFC 122 finna be on Spike?

TUF 13 or 14 should be either Faber v Torres or Faber v Cruz (depending on how the Mizugaki fight goes).

Excited to see how well Bendo does with the UFC LWs, almost everyone else I see falling by the wayside or becoming gatekeepers. Hopefully they get a flyweight division going too

Nov 13 is 122 on spike. I agree I think 135 and 145 should get their own TUF's not just for new talent but to promote the divisions. I see a big shake up at 155, I see a lot of guys droping to 145 if things don't pan out. The only 155 guys I see maken it are bendo, varner, and cerron

strikeforce challengers 12 setting up what could be there best card ever for this. Zeromskis is the WW champion of DREAM even though he is coming off back to back loses one to Diaz, and having Ribeiro on the card as well.

Vitor Ribeiro vs. Justin Wilcox

Marius Zaromskis vs. Waachiim Spiritwolf

Antwain Britt vs. Ovince St. Preux

Jan Finney vs. Liz Carmouche

Caros Fodor vs. Derek Getzel

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Zaromskis-Draws-Spiritwolf-at-Challengers-12-27964

UFC 126 will feature Miguel Torres vs Banuelos

for those who watched TUF when Kos choked one of GSP's helpers this makes you look at him in another light http://prommanow.com/index.php/2010/11/04/josh-koscheck-might-not-be-who-you-think-he-is/

im still not a fan of Kos but standing up for his guys he had the right intentions just did it the wrong way.

He did what any coach would do, big deal. Deep down, all the coaches who've been typecast on TUF as doucheknockers are very, very sensitive people with properly-aligned moral compasses, just like anyone else.

DGAF about SF: Challengers. Zaromskis is too small for welterweight and has chin/conditioning issues which aren't going to be fixed any time soon. Loved his run in Dream, but his jig's up.

WEC 52

MAIN CARD

• Urijah Faber vs. Takeya Mizugaki
  • Chad Mendes vs. Javier Vazquez
  • Erik Koch vs. Francisco Rivera
  • Joseph Benavidez vs. Wagnney Fabiano
  • Demetrious Johnson vs. Damacio Page

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Raphael Assuncao vs. L.C. Davis
  • Edward Faaloloto vs. Anthony Njokuani
  • Zack Micklewright vs. Dustin Poirier
  • Clint Godfrey vs. Michael McDonald
  • Yves Jabouin vs. Brandon Visher
  • Mackens Semerzier vs. Cub Swanson

Nate Marquardt (No. 4 MW) vs. Yushin Okami (No. 8 MW)

Alessio Sakara vs. Jorge Rivera

Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Goran Reljic

Amir Sadollah vs. Peter Sobotta

Dennis Siver vs. Andre Winner

Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Alexandre Ferreira

Rob Kimmons vs. Kyle Noke

Karlos Vemola vs. Seth Petruzelli

Duane Ludwig vs. Nick Osipczak

MAIN CARD

• Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Lyoto Machida
  • Matt Hughes vs. B.J. Penn
  • Joe Lauzon vs. George Sotiropoulos
  • Tim Boetsch vs. Phil Davis
  • Maiquel Falcao vs. Gerald Harris
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
  • Matt Brown vs. Brian Foster
  • Mark Munoz vs. Aaron Simpson

PRELIMINARY CARD (un-aired)

• Dennis Hallman vs. Karo Parisyan
  • Edson Barboza vs. Mike Lullo
  • Paul Kelly vs. T.J. O'Brien
  • Nik Lentz vs. Tyson Griffin

Rampage - I'd love to see a renaissance of sorts, but I don't think his heart is in it any more.

B.J. Penn

J-Lau or G-Sot - don't care who wins, it's a lock for FoTN and both guys are awesome. Sot is the uncrowned king of the LWs right now IMHO.

Davis

Harris

Aaron Simpson

Karo Parisyan

Tyson Griffon

Matchups:

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson (No. 4 LHW) vs. Lyoto Machida (No. 2 LHW, No. 8 PFP) but cheering for Rampage

B.J. Penn (No. 3 LW) vs. Matt Hughes

Aaron Simpson vs. Mark Munoz

Gerald Harris vs. Maiquel Jose Falcao Goncalves

George Sotiropoulos vs. Joe Lauzon

Tyson Griffin vs. Nik Lentz

Phil Davis vs. Tim Boetsch

Karo Parisyan vs. Dennis Hallman

Lyoto Machida

B.J. Penn

Joe Lauzon

Davis

the only fights i'm excited about. i don't think rampage has the patience to deal with machida. penn is just better than hughes in every facet he needs to be, and he moved his camp at least a little ways away from home. lauzon/soto could go either way, but i think joe's viciousness/submission game will win out. lauzon's better at scrambling in transition, and he's probably a little stronger than george. this is going to be fight of the night for certain. can't wait.

Anyone going to watch challengers tonight? Wes shivers from tuf 10 is fighting. I still think he got robbed against McSweeny. I hope Zeromskis wins cause how bad would it be for dream to have your champ lose 3 in a row.

I am more excited for the Hughes-Penn fight than the Rampage-Machida one. I for some reason think the former will be way exciting, while the latter will be boring (since Machida will just be elusive the whole time). hmm