Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dodgerbolt

Bill Simmons

136 posts in this topic

I'll listen to it later although I know Ric Bucher tweeted that Bill Simmons said he's giving up on the NBA and is all into hockey

...I don't believe that for a second and when the NBA comes back, he'll eventually be back too (but they'll have to win them back)

I'm put off/disgusted by the NBA as much as anyone right now and I might just give up on it if it lasts. I'm pissed at everybody.

I tend to just ignore the Cousin Sal podcasts where they go over the lines and shit.

...and when he talks about reality TV with Jacoby.

Can't say there isn't one I haven't enjoyed other than that.

Simmons definitely comes across as a whining kid. He's been going to basketball games since birth and now he wants us to believe that he's not going to come crawling back? Especially after potentially a year off? He's going to be dying for hoops.

So a lot of times I use this thread to bag on Simmons, when he's by far and away my favorite sports commentator. Stuff like this is the reason why:

That reminds me: We'll remember 2012 as the year Eli Manning became the best QB in football, two Clippers started in the NBA All-Star Game, Jeremy Lin saved the Knicks, Tim Tebow won an NFL playoff game with an 80-yard touchdown pass, Marc Gasol passed Pau Gasol in the Trade Value column, and David Kahn got a contract extension … and it's not even April yet. The Mayans are having the best "Nobody believed in us!" season ever.

So a lot of times I use this thread to bag on Simmons, when he's by far and away my favorite sports commentator. Stuff like this is the reason why:

Drew Magary has replaced Bill Simmons for me as my favorite sports commentator for awhile now.

He's filthier, funnier, is a better writer, is more into the things that I am into, and writes a LOT more than Simmons.

I think Simmons is too stuck into what he's into or is just too busy in ways that Magary really isn't.

He's also a LOT more fun to follow on Twitter.

Drew Magary has replaced Bill Simmons for me as my favorite sports commentator for awhile now.

He's filthier, funnier, is a better writer, is more into the things that I am into, and writes a LOT more than Simmons.

I think Simmons is too stuck into what he's into or is just too busy in ways that Magary really isn't.

He's also a LOT more fun to follow on Twitter.

I don't read Magary, so that's good- Cassidy's opinions will continue to be original to me!

Simmons doesn't include Romo in his top 13 QB's because he's a "Romocoster".

Romo was 4th in QB rating in 2011. He was injured in 2010. 7th in 2009. 8th in 2008. 5th in 2007. 5th in 2006.

He's one of the most consistent QB's in the league. But because football is still in the stone age compared to statistics in baseball or basketball, people can get away with saying anything.

Also, has anyone else noticed that Simmons is much more likely to criticize a black head coach? I'm not saying the guys he criticizes are great, but it's just kind of awkward.

Raheem Morris, Caldwell, Lewis, Romeo, Shell, Smith, etc. Come to think of it, I think he might be the same way with black NBA front office guys.

wow, that column is bad.

everything said about Russell Wilson is awful.

Also, has anyone else noticed that Simmons is much more likely to criticize a black head coach? I'm not saying the guys he criticizes are great, but it's just kind of awkward.

Raheem Morris, Caldwell, Lewis, Romeo, Shell, Smith, etc. Come to think of it, I think he might be the same way with black NBA front office guys.

ummmm, probably only you.

don't be a retard and use the race card where it doesn't apply.

Vinny Del Negro.

Mike Dunleavy.

Brad Childress.

Andy Reid.

David Kahn

etc, etc

favoritism towards 'his' guys: Daryl Morey, for starters

one of the dumbest posts I can remember you posting in a long while.

Edited by Cassidy