Supra

NFL 2010-11...and 12.

14,866 posts in this topic

Pats looked GREAT today. Cincy not so much!

Looks like Green bay will take this one. It was nice to see Vick get some good playing time. Sucks that someone had to get injured to get there but still, go vick(the football player, not the tard who fights dogs)

I don't really mind rooting for Michael Vick.

He's fun to watch.

But then again, I LOVE watching Brett Favre

Also, Clay Matthews is looking like a BAMF going with his pursuit of the QB all day long.

The first time I saw him get a hold of Kolb today was just unreal.

Man, the game got great in the 4th. Vick had a TD run there when he threw it away, and a blocker! Vick should be the # 1 qb, he looks the part and never looked uncomfortable running the offense. Im sure Kolb is out next week for sure. And that turf sure hurt a lot of players today, bummer.

Haha...watching Keith Brooking try to fire up his team with pregame speeches is so awkward and unintentionally hilarious...

Sports Pickle: Keith Brooking went to Georgia Tech. As did Chris Bosh. So let's not pretend it's a school for smart people anymore.

Checkmate. RT @tomfrey1st @sportspickle Stephon Marbury went there to!!!!

first time i have been excited for a Rams game in forever and it didnt disappoint. The defense actually played with some confidence and Bradford still looked good despite throwing 3 picks, 2 of which were understandable...and Ryan Grant better not be hurt that might kill my fantasy team, luckily my sleeper pick of the year Matt Forte almost put up a 40 burger.

2 thoughts : The ruling that fucked the Lions over today is bullshit. It may be the rule, but they need to change it...its ridiculous.

Also, my Niners played like horseshit. What the hell is wrong with this team? :(

2 thoughts : The ruling that fucked the Lions over today is bullshit. It may be the rule, but they need to change it...its ridiculous.

Also, my Niners played like horseshit. What the hell is wrong with this team? :(

So, what was the rule? I heard Bob Costas referring to it but I don't know what rule they are talking about. I can't see how that wasn't a touchdown.

So, what was the rule? I heard Bob Costas referring to it but I don't know what rule they are talking about. I can't see how that wasn't a touchdown.

I guess, according to the rule book, regardless if you come down in the end-zone with control, if the ball comes out after it hits the ground, then it doesn't count as full and complete possession.

Which is a ridiculous rule.

I guess, according to the rule book, regardless if you come down in the end-zone with control, if the ball comes out after it hits the ground, then it doesn't count as full and complete possession.

Which is a ridiculous rule.

I don't know why but I'm actually pissed off about this call....even after reading what the rule is I still don't understand how they couldn't rule it a catch. The quote below my post was taken from cnnsi:

Referee Gene Steratore said, "The ruling is that in order for the catch to be completed he has got to maintain possession of the ball throughout the entire process of the catch."

Johnson was "shocked" by the call, saying, "I figure if I got two feet and a knee down, to me that is a catch that's why I got up and took off," he said.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz said the officials got it right.

"The rule is if you're going to the ground in the process of making the catch you need to finish with the football," he said. "He didn't finish with the football. He was (aware) he was trying to come down with it, he had one hand to keep it away from the other guy, he is trying to get his feet down and go to a knee it wasn't like he was trying to flip it to the official or anything. That's what it is."

It was only 1 game, but I'm already extremely worried. I do not buy into our schedule being incredibly easy. Plus, we log the most travel miles of any team in the NFL this season due to the London game. On the horizon?

- MNF, N.O. (Loss)

- @ K.C. (Toss up, KC is tough at home, we got shalacked there a few times)

- @ ATL (They killed us last year, road game- which we suck at)

- Philadelphia (Don't even remember the last time we beat them... 2001 @ SF with our 7/8 play goal line stand?)

Later on we have a road game @ Green Bay (always lose there) and @ San Diego. Could very well be another 8-8 season.

Very fucking disappointed in today's piss poor performance. And I'm getting very depressed on the outlook of the season already. If we don't make the playoffs, I'm pretty sure we'll have a new set of coaches and QB next season.