Supra

NFL 2010-11...and 12.

14,864 posts in this topic

It was only 1 game, but I'm already extremely worried. I do not buy into our schedule being incredibly easy. Plus, we log the most travel miles of any team in the NFL this season due to the London game. On the horizon?

- MNF, N.O. (Loss)

- @ K.C. (Toss up, KC is tough at home, we got shalacked there a few times)

- @ ATL (They killed us last year, road game- which we suck at)

- Philadelphia (Don't even remember the last time we beat them... 2001 @ SF with our 7/8 play goal line stand?)

Later on we have a road game @ Green Bay (always lose there) and @ San Diego. Could very well be another 8-8 season.

Very fucking disappointed in today's piss poor performance. And I'm getting very depressed on the outlook of the season already. If we don't make the playoffs, I'm pretty sure we'll have a new set of coaches and QB next season.

This loss sucked the life out of me. We blew so many opportunities in the redzone to start the game. We owned the first quarter and second til about half way through. Everything fell apart. Seattle absolutely shut down our run game. And that leaves us nowhere. I'm pretty sure having Ulbrich and Robinson Mcloughlan on the Seahawks team helped them game plan for our offense. I read somewhere that they were a step ahead of our o on almost every play and were shutting down the middle of the field so V.Davis couldnt do jack.. Smith and Crabtree have absolutely NO timing. They were dysfunctional the whole game.

My expectations are a lot lower now...what a terrible loss and way to start the season.

Who's ready for a QB controversy in Philly?

Reid says Kolb is still the guy. And Kolb will come back next week. I want to see Kolb be out of rythm when he is in there, and then when Vick is in there, he gets it done. What is Reid going to do?

A great rant about the cowboys...(simmons wrote it)

Let's end on a Cowboys rant. The Cowboys remind me of the Kardashians in that their strongest talent is a relentless ability to remain relevant. Much like the Kardashians successfully created the illusion that they should be famous, the Cowboys successfully created the illusion that they should be a Super Bowl contender. And they didn't even have to leak a sex tape to do it. You know what Dallas' record has been since 2000? 82-78. You know how many playoff games it has won over that stretch? One. That's right … one more playoff win than Buffalo and Detroit.

As with the Kardashians, it's all about the packaging. We consider Tony Romo an elite QB because he dates celebrities and puts up big fantasy numbers; so what if he freezes in big games? We consider Jerry Jones an elite owner because he splurged on a magnificent stadium and matched wits with Ari Gold; so what if he never built a Super Bowl team without Jimmy Johnson? Dez Bryant has been reinvented as the steal of the 2010 draft based on a bunch of preseason practices that nobody saw; so what if half the league passed on him because teams thought he was a head case? Most fans consider the Dallas offense as "elite" because it has a few high fantasy picks; so what if they don't have a single elite offensive lineman? Every Cowboys Super Bowl pick includes the caveat, "They're returning 20 of 22 starters from last year"; so what if it means they're returning 20 of the 22 starters the Vikings trounced in January by 31 points?

Even the Kardashians thing makes more sense to me. They learned all their tricks from Paris Hilton; there are three of them; they have a catchy name; they don't say anything controversial or incriminating; they only date celebrities, athletes and reality-TV-ready degenerates; and Kim (their fearless leader) is the perfect goddess for her time: a multi-new-media icon (Internet, reality TV and Us Weekly) with a definite hook (her butt), a tawdry past (her sex tape) that wasn't really all that tawdry (the camerawork was bad, and you could barely see anything) and no discernible talent whatsoever (which doesn't matter, because you don't need talent to be famous in 2010). That smoke-and-mirrors routine should work in pop culture. In football? No. And yet, somehow, the Dallas Cowboys have the fourth-best odds to win this year's Super Bowl (8-1). I give up.

Poor Lions. Pretty crappy slate of games today....definitely looking forward to tomorrow- but not the idiotic 4pm start time for Jets/Ravens. I would much rather the Chargers have just played today or have two Sunday night games rather than this garbage that half the country won't get to watch on a work day.

Definitely poor Lions.

I am excited for tonight. I got beasted last night by my opponent in fantasy and am down by 75 points but I have 5 player playing tonight. I am hoping for a miracle.

i swear, some kickers in this league look like soccer players. brad smith didnt even hit billy cundiff, but still got a roughing the kicker penalty with his terrible "acting." maybe its just me and my frustration, but thats what i saw.

also, cromartie and wilson are practically giving the ravens yards.

I really need Baltimore to score another Touchdown against the Jets D. I am down 164 pts. I have Jammal Charles left. Its a 1 yard = 1 point, 1 TD = 100 points, Lost Fumble/INT = -50. Defense score goes down with the game, so if Ravens score he loses a bunch of points and I could be within 100. I am hoping for 175 points from Charles.

ESPN Goal Line HD Slow-mo cam is so clutch.

Cromartie's got more flags than he does children.

^texed this to my Jets fan roommate who is at the game.

Too easy.

His response back "if you text me again I promise I will rape your face. And Tom Brady is the biggest faggot in the world shut the fuck up...that's it! Face=Rape. And they're bullshit calls ok so shut the fuck up and seriously stop txting me I didnt say shit

twitter.com/sportspickle

^the gift that keeps on giving

Cromartie's got more flags than he does children.

^texed this to my Jets fan roommate who is at the game.

Too easy.

His response back "if you text me again I promise I will rape your face. And Tom Brady is the biggest faggot in the world shut the fuck up...that's it! Face=Rape. And they're bullshit calls ok so shut the fuck up and seriously stop txting me I didnt say shit

twitter.com/sportspickle

^the gift that keeps on giving

RT @twoeightnine Oooh! Show the End Zone next RT @sportspickle Look! It's New York City! They should show other places this game isn't playd

someone sent this to Jason Whitlock Cromartie has eight different penaltiies with six different receivers.

SPORTS PICKLE: Amazing play by Cromartie. He picked off Flacco and impregnated Flacco's girlfriend on the return. ...Brilliant move putting Braylon Edwards in to block kicks. He blocks passes all the time. ..."Antonio Cromartie has not seen this much work ever." He would if he ever babysat all his kids at once...Jeff Garcia would drastically improve either of these offenses. Or even Andy Garcia if he really got into the role...This is the first time in my life I've thought: "Well, the Chiefs are on next. That should have some better offense."

I've only sent 'taunting' texts to my Jets fan roommate making fun of Cromartie.