Supra

NFL 2010-11...and 12.

14,864 posts in this topic

^yeah, I get that. Brees might be up there too, but they're so-so teams...you got to think who'll be most memorable.

Gronk herniated disc vs Seattle, out 8 weeks (AFCCG, possibly Super Bowl) at earliest

WTF?!?!?!! 
I didn't want him playing for 3 weeks anyway (at 49ers, at Jets, Rams) since the schedule was 'easy'...but to play through a herniated disc? WTF?
So 3 back surgeries when he's 27 on top of everything...definitely not going to have a long career unfortunately. Pats were managing him anyway.
I love Gronk, but some Pats fans are split on him: as great as he is, he's an injury risk and not totally reliable and is not 'available', which is the #1 attribute Belichick prefers.
When he's on the field, he's the best and most dominant TE ever. It's not close. If he's healthy in 2011-2013 (and even 2015 when he got injured at the Broncos & lost the 1 seed as a result with the Pats managing him), they might just win the Super Bowl in all those seasons. He's THAT much of a difference-maker. It's night and day what the offense looks like with him healthy. As horrible as the Pats looked at Denver with the D wrecking them, Brady/Gronk were single-handedly keeping the team in that game. 

...still, I think it's some Pat fans being spoiled cunts. 100% chance of injury when playing in the NFL.
-TJ Ward's low hit on Gronk was dirty and he led with his helmet. That's what he does.
-Pats doctor allowed Gronk to return prematurely with his arm injury: he re-injured it immediately vs the Texans in the playoffs when he landed on it. 4 surgeries on it.
-back injuries are reoccurring. That's why he fell in the draft.

I'm cool with the Pats settling for the #2 seed, letting Oakland get the #1. 
Pats have had somewhat good injury luck until now...some shit circumstances...
-releasing Dominique Easley
-trading out Chandler Jones
-trading Jamie Collins early
-underperforming guys: Jabaal Sheard, Malcolm Brown, Logan Ryan
-Rob Ninkovich tearing triceps and PED suspension (maybe took the PED'sto recover faster)
-Brady's BS suspension (they win vs Buffalo with him there)
-Dion Lewis' knee
-Martellus Bennett's ankle via Vontaze Burfict's dirty play (it's hindered him)

Pats trade of AJ Derby looks more moronic now. Gronk is always an injury risk and keeping Gronk/Bennett healthy is a priority. So having a guy as depth insurance OR just to give him a spell at end of games is valuable. Also, trading to rival and making them better? Dumb as hell. Jamie Collins was traded to a team like Cleveland (whom they already played) for a reason.

Centerpiece of Pats offense is 2 TE-set going back to Gronk-Hernandez, the failure with Scott Chandler last year, and they had it this year with Bennett-Gronk (and didn't totally roll it out the way they wished to)...and something they are definitely hiding until the playoffs is the 2-RB set (James White/Dion Lewis) out of the backfield. Such a fucking bummer.

-Average 9.1 yards per passing play with BRady/Gronk...6.4 with Brady/no Gronk.
-went 2-4 at end of last year (they were purposely just trying to stay healthy/not do anything with a shit O-Line, Blount injured late, manage Gronk, no Edelman/Scott Chandler/Dion Lewis, banged-up Amendola who they are still limiting this year)

Jay Cutler season-ending shoulder surgery, done as a Bear
womp womp

Goddamnit, sounds like Gronk is out the whole season AND playoffs. yeah, pats aren't winning it this year. Their d blows and I was always worried about Gronk staying healthy and Edelman, lewis, Blount too. Might be last game as a patriot. Fuck it all. If healthy, pats should have won 5 super bowls this decade with him minimum. Brady-Gronk is just that dominant. Bummer. Glad he got 1 though unlike Moss and Weller. Injuries suck. Being a sport fan really sucks most the time.

Edited by Cassidy

Bill Burr commentating on game online live is great

RAMS-PATS
Rams out: Tavon Austin, Saffold, Robert Quinn
Pats out: Matthew Slater

Gronk being out for the season
...and Gronks injury is killer: I don't think the Pats can win without him. Yeah, they have Bennett, but he's playing through injuries. Edelman is awesome...but he's not the same and his foot is hobbling him long-term and he's being held back in practices/games because of that. Mitchell is just a rookie. It's a tall order to win 3 games without Gronk in the playoffs/get homefield advantage with the D sucking this bad with zero pass rush/inability to force turnovers and Gost sucking. It's the team that comes out of the NFC (Seahawks, Cowboys) I fear without Gronk: irreplceable, best TE of all time, top 3-5 player in the league. Luckily, Pats have a legit TE for first time since Aaron Hernandez as a #2...and Bennett can block.
But yeah, 10 surgeries for Gronk since 2009, 3 on the back and he's only 27. Fuck fuck fuck.

All-time greats with short careers
Gronk is a 1st ballot HOF and will have a short career.
Guys with memorable short careers: Terrell Davis, Bo Jackson, Bob Sanders, Gale Sayers
Shawn Merriman was influenced by PED's and a knee injury he never recovered from.
Gronk's career is longer/better than those guys and closer alongside Calvin Johnson/Barry Sanders, Patrick Willis

OTHER SHIT
-Alan Branch's weed suspension get revoked. Guess they tested 2 negatives and counted it as 1 or some BS like that.
-Jeff Fisher getting an extension through 2018 is a fucking joke. It's ridiculous. Fisher's agent is GM Les Snead's father.
-Dominique Easley/Chris Long playing former teams
-Martellus Bennett reportedly turned down $7M per year with the Pats before the season. We'll see what happens.

ROOTING FOR...
-Ravens over Dolphins (and for Suh to blow his knee/life/face out: how the fuck does Gronk get, like, 6 significant injuries that derail seasons and guys like Suh, Burfict, Suggs, and Incognito get fucking none?)...blowout win for Ravens.
-Falcons over Chiefs? Maybe to keep Raiders honest and Broncos out. But Chiefs are 8-3, I don't want to play at KC in playoffs even if they are the most favorable team to play in the Divisional Round since no AFC South team has a chance in hell of winning in the Wild Card round. Chiefs are flawed, but a healthy Justin Houston and that turnover-causing D playing at Arrowhead is a tough matchup. Houston was out in the playoff game versus the Pats....but yeah, Chiefs won and move to 9-3 because Atlanta sucks and always dips in the 2nd half of each season.
-Bills over Raiders 

1Q
-Blount 43-yard TD on 4th down is AMAZING! Opening drive! Edge guy got caught inside, thought it looked like holding...Bill Burr: "WTF is that guy doing in the secondary? He's making him look like Barry Sanders"....Pats opened w/ Lewis/White mainly out of backfield doing work.
-McCourty should have had an INT...and thye should have got to Goff...nearly got to Hekker on the punt. 3 & out: Pats' D should not 
-Edelman 1st down negated by holding by Thuney: fell on his man before he could get to Brady (would have had pass off anyway but held Brady off from being hit)
-Cyrus Jones drops punt, luckily Chung was there to recover it immediately....in Jones' defense: this game is kind of shitty to watch on TV because you can clearly see that the sun is effecting both teams and it's hard to even see what's going on half the field because of the sun/shade differential
-Tom Brady ball tipped by Michael Brockers, Rams should have had INT but James White's effort to get to the ball and make the catch was great. Rams would have had ball around their own 40...Brady takes big hit on 3rd down on a corner blitz.
-Rams' Punt Return: Pats recover it but his own man ran into him but no Ram touched it, so Rams ball. Bummer.
-Pats doing solid work against Aaron Donald. Geneo Grissom was him on scout team D all week. Tough matchup on the interior for the guards.
-Pats' pass rush is the worst. There is none. It is so awful to watch the lack of pressure. Good job keeping the edge/containment on Jared Goff to not run! Yeah, fuck off. I hate Belichick as a GM
-Butler INT on bobbled ball by Rams' WR. I feel bad for Goff: his WR dropped 2 catchable balls wide open on that drive (including the INT). 2nd INT of year for Butler. Butler had worst game of season last week against Marshall/Enunwa

2Q
-Dion Lewis getting a lot of work now.
-Chris Hogan back-shoulder 14-yard TD grab. Great catch, Great pass. 14-0 Pats
-Logan Ryan delayed corner blitz on Goff's blind side pins Rams, schemed their way into a sack. 3rd & 20.
-Pats' 3rd & 1: Lewis 1st down, holding on Bennett on play. Right call....next play, 3rd & 11: 17-yard pass to Amendola for 1st down....14 yards to Mitchell...Brady evades sack somehow...Brady hit by TJ McDoanld, Brady pissed at McDonald after play, shoved him off and walked toward him. I didn't see McDonald do anything too ridiculous, maybe little extra beats holding on to Brady and being driven into the ground on the hit after the ball was let go. Weird to see that, but nothing too aggregious. Forced to punt, pinned them at 8.
-Britt should have had catch, but McCourty hit him...again, I don't know if Goff sucks, but his teammates REALLY fucking suck.
-Amendola returns 2nd punt in a row. Cyrus Jones is in the doghouse again.
-4th & 1: Blount runs it again, goes to the edge/same side again for a 1st down with room to gain. Refs somehow missed Blount being weirdly yanked on his facemask REAL late...

-Bennett dropped 3rd down catch in end zone. Woudl have been tough in coverage, but he nearly had it....28-yard FG good, 17-0 heading into halftime for Pats, long drive by Pats.

HALFTIME
-Pats 2001 team comes out for 15-year anniversary. Troy Brown: "We were the greatest fucking team on Earth" haha

3Q
-chop block by Todd Gurley injrues Donta Hightower. Bummer. Was 3rd down anyway. Gingerly walks off.

Can't say it's dirty, just a bummer. He's back in the game next series though.
-Ninkovich sack...Brian Quick makes nice catch, gets overturned....Rams settle for 44-yard FG on 4th & 4; should have gone for it because it's 17-3 with 7:46 remaining in 3Q. Pats should be up by more, but oh well.
-Great fucking play by Brady in the pocket to get it to Edelman and buying time to create a play that wasn't there at all. Took the hit too. Gets Pats past 50 in 2 plays (30+ yards to Edelman; 15+ yards next play to Edelman)...Amendola fucked up on 3rd down, sat on route, should have ran with middle open for big 1st down. Amendola not having a good year: quiet, being managed due to history of knee injuries. Settle for FG, 20-3 Pats
-Pats resting Hightower a bit, have Van Noy as signal-caller now: Van Noy immediately INT's ball, 2nd INT of day. Goff was pressured and his throwing hand got hit while he was making the pass.
-Edelman wanted a flag in double coverage. Good no-call. He fell down going for ball, but play really wasn't there at all...gets 1st down to Mitchell next play...settle for another FG: 23-3.
-Amendola gimpy after punt return and heading to lcoker room. Yeah, Cyrus Jones really sucks so far and biggest rookie disappointment. Not much depth at WR and definitely TE with Gronk out.
-Edelman gets hit after picking up some YAC on a 1st down, comes up screaming at Rams "I LOVE THAT SHIT!" audibly on TV, Alec Ogletree/secondary not too happy playing against him.

4Q
-Malcolm Mitchell picks up catch #7 of day. Coming on late....settle for another FG after yet another holding call hinders drive: 26-3; 3rd FG of 40+ today
-Chris Long FINALLY gets sack against former team. Elated.
-Hekker 76-yard punt pins Pats inside 5-yard line. Belichick LOVES Hekker, went out of his way to praise him...Malcolm Mitchell on 1st picks up 13, lot of YAC. 8 catches, 82 yards.
-Rams pick up first 3rd down of game with 8 minutes left in the 4th: 1-10 on the day, now 1-11. Sheard nearly got 2 INT's today, Hightower mistimed batting one ball...yeah, getting more inaccurate as the game goes on.
-Shea McClellin picks up a garbage-time sack. He still sucks. First time I remember him doing something good all year or his name being called....Malcolm Butler laid a BIG pop on the Rams' WR, dropped ball, almost a turnover and TD there if it was a catch.
-Goff to Britt double-move by Britt gets Rams to 1: deep pass and lot of YAC. 1:40 remaining in 4th...Britt TD with 1:15 remaining; 26-10

Brady: passes Peyton Manning for most wins ever by a QB at 201...and in 30 less games (Manning 200, Favre 199, Elway 162). 263 games to Manning's 293. Undoubtedly helped by playing for better teams and Manning's career being saved by jumping a shit franchise (Colts) to a greater one in the Broncos. Pats/Colts both had shit drafts in the mid to late 2000s that hampered them, Colts obviously never stopped the bad drafts. Brady did it all for one team. More playoff wins than 22 teams.

Edelman: 8 catchs, 101 yards...75+ yards each week since the bye week. He's coming on strong, but got to hope he stays healthy. Unlikely.

Pats have outscored Jeff Fisher-coached teams 130-10 in last 12 quarters.

Plays tough 2 games up next: Ravens (MNF), at Broncos on a short week going in...division games are tough: Jets, at Dolphins to close out season. At Dolphins should be tough and Dolphins might be fighting to get in to the playoffs there.

NFL commissioner Goodell not in Foxboro today to see Brady get the all-time wins record AND the 2001 Pats SB team reunion because he is a coward. what a cunt.

Khalil Mack is the shit
Fear playing against edge guys like that. Caused TWO 4th quarter turnovers that killed Buffalo...but the turnover he caused in the end zone was just Tyrod Taylor holding on to the ball for too long like an asshole.

Cam Newton benched for start of Seahawks game for not wearing a tie
meh...Panthers are out of the playoffs anyway.

Earl Thomas breaks bone in leg

^uh, game is still going on and he tweets this?
DIon Lewis said returning from a lower broken leg injury was tougher than returning from ACL injury: and he's blown his ACL out 3 fucking times.

Finally something REALLY bad/irreplaceable happens to a key player
Cliff Avril/Jeremy Lane in the Super Bowl were significant, but not really in-season season-ending injuries to Wilson, Kam, Earl, Sherman, Baldwin, Wagner, Bennett. It's extraordinarily great luck. Marshawn maybe last year? But he was kind of checking out anyway.

Also, Thomas laid out Kelvin Benjamin in the game clean (but a bit late) a la Gronk: he's so fucking awesome. Bummer, but it makes me feel better about Pats' chances if they should meet again without Gronk. They need the help.

Earl's the best player on Seahawks' D...Kam is considered 'overrated' but he is the shit. Everybody can hit/force key turnovers...Bennett is the kind of D-Lineman who scares me the most (interior threat; versatile)...Wagner is a beast...Sherman is Sherman.

As soon as Earl went out, Cam targeted Ginn for 55 yard TD: Seahawks really don't give up big plays

I had Seahawkins winning the Super Bowl (toss-up between them and Cowboys) but now, because of this, I don't know. Either way, NFC Championship Game should be great if they meet.  Seahawks are a tough match for the Cowboys, but we'll see.

Amendola suffers high-ankle sprain, hope to be back for playoffs
Tough sprain to come back from, but he gets 6 weeks to recover if Pats get the bye like they should. Luckily, one of the AFC West teams will be a Wild Card.
Keshawn Martin, who got cut by the fucking 49ers, could be coming back because of that.

other likely candidates...
http://nesn.com/2016/12/keshawn-martin-among-potential-patriots-short-term-danny-amendola-replacements/

-Eric Rowe suffered a hamstring injury
-Martellus Bennett: 4 yards (playing through ankle/shoulder injuries)...forces Cameron Fleming out as a 'tight end' when he's just a blocker and Matt Lengel, some no-named player that's bounced around.

Edited by Cassidy

Wooo Lions, can't believe they broke Brees' TD at home streak.

And Marty, just in case you discuss elsewhere Fisher's agent is Demoff's dad (Executive Vice President of Football Operations & Chief Operating Officer) not the GM.... so even worse imo haha.  How the hell does he get a two year extension at all, but especially before the season... AND THEY KEEP IT A SECRET?!  I would be so pissed if I were a Rams fan.

Giants complain to league, say Steelers balls were deflated
http://deadspin.com/report-giants-complained-to-nfl-about-steelers-deflate-1789976284?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

LOL. Yeah, the league wants to steer clear of this shit again.

Washington state bills introduces bill to allow fans to enter stadiums with guns
http://deadspin.com/washington-state-legislature-introduces-bill-allowing-f-1789974061

we live in a country of morons.

Chiefs beat Raiders, both teams still in contention for 1 seed
Chiefs are intriguing: I'd compare them to a poor man's Seattle.

-Andy Reid is a damn good coach and consistently good...with HORRIBLE clock management/common sense. Donovan McNabb's slow Super Bowl ending vs the Pats wasn't on him: Alex Smith had THE slowest drive at the end of the Pats-Chiefs playoff game and every fan was laughing in the stadium basically.
-Justin Houston is a bad ass motherfucker and a top 3-5 defensive player. COmpletely different team with him

Jeff Fisher finally fired

Ryan Tannehill did NOT suffer a torn ACL

I don't think it makes much of a difference. He's an average player and losing him wouldn't have been the worst.

Pats game
Was in attendance 10 rows behind the Ravens bench and around the 5-10 yard line.

Unlike the Seahawk game, this one felt like a playoff game in atmosphere: it was awesome, I got to stand the whole game, and cheer/be loud. Nobody in the section I was at for the Seahawk game but my brother and I did that before we gave up. That sucked.

Terrell Suggs was instigating/talking shit to our sideline...mostly helped out by a guy who had a 'FUCK GOODELL' sign on one side and then flipped it to the other that said "SUGGS PEES WHEN SITTING DOWN" on the other. He kept coming over to glare.

Should have been a blowout
Refs dicked over the Pats with Trey Flowers strip sack being called dead WAY too fast: Forward progress called on a fucking sack. And it was WAY too soon. Worst call I've seen in a ats game this year, definitely worst call of the game. Inexplicable...McCourty also didn't look like he was touched on the INT.
but Cyrus Jones can't stop sucking dick and being completely useless as ap layer. 2 Ravens scores when given a spot at the 3 and the 22-yard line by me in, like, 90 seconds. THen he gave up a 47-yard catch so he can't do anything right. Got benched immediately after that
Malcolm Mitchell/Chris Hogan's scores were by our end zone too...Blount/Bennett's were the other way.
The blocked kick was by us and that was AWESOME...McClellin's 2nd good play of the year. I don't think he's even made a tackle, really, that I can think of.

Jimmy Smith looked like suffered a notable injury...Malcolm Butler's right knee got banged up. Heard he was limping in the locker room after the game.

Tom Brady was the shit. Ravens didn't get much pressure or really blitz it felt like.

I won't ever go to any stadium that allows guns in.  Sports fans are too stupid and drunk to trust them with guns.  I've seen fights start over absolutely nothing, what a dumb ass policy.

^yeah, exactly. 

Pats' tackling was abysmal
-FB Kyle Juzyk's run-after-catch was so dumb.
-Kyle Van Noy had a rough night making tackles...but it was the team overall
-Flacco took a LOT of checkdowns; take away the 2 special teams turnovers that game them favorable spots to score TD's, felt kind of like a better version of the Texans: Pats were solid on D and all the Ravens really had was checkdowns. Except Pats couldn't wrap up well.

-Brady's INT was by me and awful. I had my own video up on Instagram of that...reminded me of Michael Bennett pressuring Brady and Brady throwing it as he was about to get hit in the Super Bowl and then taking the INT. Just a bad decision and a weak throw that he couldn't get power behind to throw it out of the end zone or anything. Ugh. They got to the 3-yard line for a 1st down on that drive and that throw came on 3rd down. Bummer. Zach Orr made a key tackle on 2nd down to prevent Hogan from getting into the end zone.

-Lame holding call that pinned the Pats back and made it 2nd & 16 then 3rd & 16.
-McCourty's INT return wasn't conclusive enough to call it back.

^against Kyle Orton's Bills haha when they had the 1 seed wrapped up.

He has 15 career home losses...Brett Favre has 31, Peyton Manning 30.

^I said to my uncle when I saw McClellin out there on D: "he sucks" and then 2 plays later we see him jumping the snap. That was AWESOME to see in person. Especially when Justin Tucker is as automatic as it gets for any kicker I've ever seen. I immediately yelled out "WHITE MAN CAN JUMP!!!"
Replay came out and I thought for sure ANY long snapper would be taught to reach up in case there was a guy leaping. The guy just stayed the fuck down. I don't think he'd imagine that McClellin would jump because he's not a freak like Jamie Collins.

-Ravens, on average, have the top D in the league and are giving up 296 yards. They gave up 500....all without Gronk, no Amendola, banged up Bennett.
-Harbaugh did an absolutely horrid job coaching. Just a disaster. Misuse of timeouts. The tempo of the Ravens offense was shit (in the AFC Championships I saw, they snapped the ball quickly to minimize the crowd noise before they got into it. Here, they were lethargic and just off all around)
-Pats have really good pulling guards in Thuney/Mason. McDaniels talked up Mason saying he might eventually be the best guard the Pats have ever had in his tenure (Brian Waters, Logan Mankins). I doubt that shit. But Scarnecchia is a godsend.

Refs kept announcing "#71 is an eligible receiver" excessively and to Harbaugh...fans kept cheering that to spite Harbaugh. But the Pats weren't doing it to rub it in Harbaugh's face for the rule change: they got no Gronk, Bennett is banged up and he's the only TE they got.

DAN WETZEL: Roger Goodell owes Tom Brady an apology
With the chance to do Deflategate over again, NFL chooses to do opposite. Which suggests it knew it was wrong the first time

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/roger-goodell-owes-tom-brady-an-apology-183157757.html

Pats-Broncos
-Bennett, Hightower, Butler entered the game questionable. They're battling it out.
-Tough place to play for Brady. Denver's good, but I just look at it more as Brady's teams have been limited: 2013 AFCCG (no Gronk, Hernandez in jail, Wilfork, Vollmer, Austin Collie was the #1 option weirdly and Edelman wasn't Edelman, Chandler Jones ankle injury again, Hightower hadn't found his game), 2015 regular season (Gronk low hit to knee killed Pats in the regular season who were 10-0 at that point), 2015 AFCCG (worst O-Line performance in league since Pats 2007 Pats-Giants SB; zero run game threat with no Blount or Lewis; Edelman/Amendola nothing to give with foot/leg injuries and surgeries oncoming for both; Scott Chandler experiment a failure and forced Pats to target Bennett)...but the guys Brady has lost to in Denver (Brian Griese, Brock Osweiler, Jake Plummer...maybe Trevor Siemian?)...Denver's tough with altitude, great fans, great franchise however limited their QB's are.

1Q
-Pats offense: establishing run early with no luck to Blount: thing about Blount, he has some of the most gains of the year, but he also leads the league in runs of 1 yards or fewer. he is NOT a power back in the way you'd think even if he is 250+. He does not move the pile.
-Norwood fucks up the punt: went through his hands, probably got lost in the sun? Jonathan Jones' recovery...Jones is doing well on special teams lately.
-Pats offense/Brady: looks nervous/out of it. No chance. Lot of drops to White

-Virgil Green: looks like he got concussed: fencing pose when he went down
-Dion Lewis: first time I've seen him start doing some good runs.
-uhhhhh...Shea McClellin (a 250 pound LB) came in to replace Thuney at guard...Thuney's first missed snap all year. That's weird.
-crowd involved early, Denver D looks amped....Kubiak's offense is predictable with where it goes pre-snap, but it's effective. Does well with minimal players.

0-6 completions in 1Q for Brady, nobody looks open (James White has 3 drops)
...on every play, somebody is wide fucking open for Denver.

2Q
-first play: Logan Ryan INT return to 50 (42-yard return). Jumped route, nearly had an INT earlier by goal line. Denver went nearly went 90+ yards on that drive. Logan's first INT of the season, has had a rough year.
-Brady strip sack by Crick: Thuney recovers ball...next play: Edelman gets first down for 13. Edelman is Brady's safety valve a la Wes Welker, Kevin Faulk: meaning #1 guy to rely upon. Gronk was THE freak #1 all-world guy they had before, Moss was never really that: it was Welker....Took Brady 16 minutes to complete first pass....big change of game plan was Brady quit trying to target anybody other than Edelman. Ol' reliable. 4-4 for 57 yards by Brady on the TD drive that ended with Blount....
holding call on David Andrews: 1st & 20 negates run for Blount....amazing throw/catch to Edelman, Brady's feet were NOT set at all, 2 guys in coverage by sideline. Looked like a bad decision to throw there, but no...first down to Edelman: 3 pass plays in a row to Edelman...Brady FINALLY gets a LOT of time, finds Develin out for checkdown pass in zone coverage...Lewis fumbles ball reaching for goal line, Denver player nearly had it, ball luckily rolled back to Lewis....I think the ball crossed the goal line reaching over....BLOUNT TD!!!! 15th TD of year. FUck yes! Breaks Curtis Martin's all-time single-season rushing TD record. Did NOT expect Blount to have the year he is having coming off the hip injury, at his age, behind an offensive line that has vastly improved from the disaster it was last season....

Nate Solder's back (IR'ed last year after week 3)...Marcus Cannon, a turnstile, got in shape in a contract year...Shaq Mason, broke his hand in training camp, was a glaring weakness early in the season. He's turned into a Pro Bowl-caliber player...Thuney has the most penalties, but he looks steady as a rock. Mason/Thuney at guard are among the league's best pulling guards. Freak athletes. Shaq is only 6 feet tall as an OL...Andrews is an undersized center....lucky Scarnecchia is back there.

Blount is first player since Arian Foster in 2012 to rush for 15 TD's. Did not expect that.

-Trey Flowers sacks Siemian...Trey is stepping up since the Seahawk game slowly. 6 sacks leads the team this year. Sadly. I think all those sacks have come since the Seahawk game....next play: first down. like I said, people are wide open downfield. Too easy.
-Edelman punt fair catch at 8-yard line...get 3rd down conversion to White on a pass which he finally fucking caught: lot of safe plays, runs early. Pats eating clock. Forced to call a timeout since Matt Lengel, a guy who plays 1-3 snaps a game since Gronk is out, got confused in how to align. Pats subbed him out after timeout....3rd & 5 oversion to Edelman: awesome, awesome player, plays tough, just worry about his foot. Tough first down conversion, but got it. 2-minute warning....Lewis runs for first. Unexpected first down, Pats look like they were eating clock, now beginning to attack patiently...great play in pocket by Brady to step up, avoid pass rush, Lewis stopped on the play, would have been a TD....Pats stopped, forced to punt....Good thing about that drive was Pats were pinned at the 8, nearly got stuck there but converted a key 3rd down, ate clock

HALTIME: Pats 10, Denver 3
First half: flew the fuck by in about 70 minutes...Pats were only team to call a timeout, only because Lengel fucked up pre-snap aligning. Denver content to go to half down 10-3 knowing they get ball to start 2nd half. Their fans are unhappy about that. I thought that was shitty too.

17 snaps for Dion Lewis, season-high is 23...already more snaps than he had last week. Player Pats are looking to get more involved.

Denver looks better, Pats look like they're playing it safe...Denver HAS to win this game. Would be good if Pats did, but it's not as urgent.

Virgil Green's injury is noteworthy...Malcolm Brown has a stomach injury...Derek Wolfe out with a neck injury after someone put his balls on his neck.
0 catches for Emmanuel Sanders: Butler in coverage on him
3Q
-first play: Sheard sack, drives Stephenson back into QB. Nearly had a play to strip ball too....Derby drops would-be 1st down on 3rd down. Kills drive, was wide open. 2nd week in a row with a big drop.
-LOL at Edelman returning a punt 15 yards and yelling out "MOTHERFUCKERS!" Rare Edelman punt return since Pats want to keep him healthy...Edelman's historically among the best punt returners ever, I think he had the most yards per punt return too on average. Great punt return/hidden yardage.

-Brady sacked by Shane Ray, was held too; 3 & out. Thuney gives up 2nd sack of game...don't blame him. Denver's guys are so fast and it was awesome to see him try to take 2 speed rushers on and try and hit both guys single-handedly.
-Brady gets 1st downs to Edelman; cross field throw to Hogan (1st catch of day, 18 yards longest play of day for Pats, was held on play too)...Pats now across 50....key 3rd & 6 conversion post-timeout: lob pass over LB to Edelman; phew...snap to Brady hit ground, forced to throw it away ASAP. Wouldn't have converted anyway, pass rush came on strong through interior. Settle for FG. 13-3 Pats
-great pass by Siemian, Demaryius should have came down with it: not the easiest catch, but catchable.
-Edelman returns punt, was going to let it go, but block in back/hold: should have just kept it where he was with ball rolling. Oh, well....Stewart makes TD-saving tackle by the cleat on key 3rd & 1 throw to White. TJ Ward hit Brady, rush was coming ASAP....Pats running more now. They probably ran 3 times total in last year's AFC Championship Game. Brady was the leading rusher...3rd down again: Hogan drops ball he should have had...Pats forced to punt, ball down at 7-yard line.
-3 & out for Pats again....Brady got hit on the first 2 plays. Nothing was really there. Pats tried getting passing game going there for first time since the INT return drive, but nothing there.
-Broncos 3 & out: Flowers hit Siemian, missed him, Brown finished job....Pats get ball at 50; Bolden, key core special teamer, needed help getting off field.
-34-yard play (longest of day, previous was Hogan's 18-yardp lay): rare Bennett target and he gets a lot of YAC. FG range at 20 for the Pats....Mitchell first target of game gets Pats inside 5-yard line....Blount should be running here: 2x in a row, Brady throws ball out of end zone on 3rd down with nothing there...settle for FG, 16-3.
-Broncos finally get a 1st down in 2nd half to Derby (before that: 5 3 & outs, 9 yards total!!!!!)...Sanders first catch of day goes for 20, brings Broncos inside the 40...Siemian sacked on 2nd down by Flowers/Van Noy...Broncos get in FG range, will go for it: I thought there was holding by the Broncos on that play: Pats player got pushed from behind that looked like he would have got to Siemian....MCCOURTY LAYS THOMAS THE FUCK OUT LIKE THE CUNT THAT HE IS!!!!! WOOOO! MINI KAM CHANCCELOR!!! DEMARYIUS HAD THE BALL BUT KILLER HIT!!!!! Yeah I'm joking: I like Demaryius Thomas but it's ABOUT time the Pats had a play where they laid out an opposing player for a change. They don't have enough moments like that. Still, Demaryius should have had that.
-Talib-Hogan penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct. Offsetting....Von Miller in coverage on Malcolm Mitchell deep: holding....Blount fumbled on punishing hit, luckily his knee was down.....Lewis first down for 9 yards: 18 rushes, 95 yards. Doesn't seem like he has that many yards, but here we are. Pats running the ball heavily all day between Blount/Lewis...Quiet Von Miller game, I'd imagine he was the major focal point of the game and running so much to take him out....TJ Ward is a dumbass: after the play, personal foul on Edelman that would have brought up 4th down after an incompletion Edelman's way where Brady threw it 100 MPH. Like I said, dirty cunt of a player. Wrestling takedown. Wish somebody would put a helmet to his knee and then Suh step on his neck for good measure. Now, he is a cunt. He flexed his muscles AFTER he got the flag. Dumb, dumb player.

-Siemian intentional grounding, didn't make it past LOS. Looks hurt a bit being hit by Sheard low, Ninkovich high trying to scramble to make a play with 30 seconds left...Norwood fumbles again this time stripped from behind, ball goes to McCourty...Pats' D comes to Brady as he comes in to kneel as they step off field celebrating.

PHEW!

PATS WIN, clinch  NFL-record 8th straight division title (Hat & T-Shirt game), Denver knocked out of playoffs, Brady is a God
Pats' AFC East reign would be longer if not for Brady being injured in 2008
Denver D was awesome. Pats' D is beatable, but their offense just isn't good enough (QB, o-line). Can't believe Pats lost to them. Shit O-line, bad health, no homefield. Happens.

^will probably get shit on by Drew Magary...but, yeah, definitely felt like a throwback game.

^Chris Long also part of a division winning team for first time.

DENVER OFFSEASON
not sure what they do. May have wasted 1st round pick on Paxton Lynch
Let Talib go? They're rebuilding.

PATS-JETS: Saturday December 24th at 1 PM, final home game of regular season
-2 short weeks in a row for Pats (MNF game and now Sunday night)
-Fitz isn't supposed to start again, but I imagine he will.

The shot Petty took against the Dolphins is unreal. You HAVE to see the replay to show how his lineman/TE's let both Suh and Cameron Wake free rush, the 2 fucking guys you HAVE to block on every play.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bengals blew game against Steelers badly
Had one drive where they had 4 fucking penalties

After last year's playoff loss, they HAD to get rid of either Vontaze or Pacman. They KEPT both and then made Pacman captain. 

Bengals operate a bare-bones operation so Marvin Lewis probably is a better coach than you'd think and severely limited with what he does, but WTF?

If I'm the Bengals' GM, I would remove Vontaze/Pacman both.  When things break down/go south, they always act up/lose their shit. Hell, even when they had things wrapped up in the playoffs against Steelers, they still acted up and shot their team in the foot multiple times.

Jags fire Gus Bradley, still flying home with team. Awkward: 4 seasons, 14 wins
I wish the Jags would move to a better city (LA; Portland Oregon; Mexico; Las Vegas). Tampa Bay too.

With that said, Jags got solid talent on D. Glaring weakness is QB position.

Chiefs lose to Titans!; rooting for Chargers to beat the Raiders now
Raiders/Chiefs fighting for bye
I'm hoping Pats can rest for Week 17 against Miami if they win out

I doubt the Chargers will hold on. They're the Chargers and they've been blowing games all year. Banged up as it gets too (Woodhead, Verrett, Bosa, Keenan Allen, T'eo, Branden Oliver, Stevie Johnson, Flowers, Melvin Gordon, etc.) not to include they have moving to LA over their heads, Bosa's holdout and team being cheap, way they handled Weddle. Rivers/Brees deserve better. Rivers has sucked in the 4Q this year, but I think that has to do with him being more desperate to take chances on a limited team and he's an aging QB who wants to win. Can't really blame him.

...also, I don't think the Titans are bad at all. Tough offensive line/run game.

Raiders clinch playoff spot for first time since 2002
Chargers and their ownership can fuck off and die. Was basically a Raider home game.

Steelers-Ravens showdown next week
Interesting to see how that one goes, both teams fighting for division/to get in to playoffs.

Houston crowd cheers Brock FINALLY getting benched, come back to win with Tom Savage
Heard Greg Bedard tweet about how Savage has the worst feet in the NFL: 'makes Tom Brady look like Michael Vick'

What a cunt.

^LOL: he did this on a play that would have made it turnover on downs, I think...dumb ass. Gets up, flexes to Pats sideline, gets flagged obviously. Penalty saved the Pats on the drive and the game was over anyway. 

Martellus Bennett also spit some truth about Broncos safety T.J. Ward, who jumped up and flexed for the Patriots’ sideline after drawing a flag for hitting receiver Julian Edelman late while Denver was down 16-3. “I was just like, ‘idiot,'” Bennett said. “But he was like — in that situation, Julian doesn’t want to back down, so we have to take care of our own and make sure we don’t get an offsetting penalty, because that’s a big play for us in that period of time. I thought we were smart about it. We knew there would be plays like that throughout the game, and we’d have to keep our composure. I thought our team did very well. We never back down from anyone. We always bring the fight with us. We ain’t looking for trouble, but we ain’t running from trouble either.”

Don't care for Ward...he got helmet first

TJ Ward can die in a fire alongside Burfict, Incognito, Suggs, and Suh. Fuck them all. I'm surprised nobody's taken a knee to ANY of those dudes. Antonio Smith came close with a helmet at Incognito.

It's a legal play, but  it's dirty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUUYNpzVXcI

Not much difference between Harry Douglas and Ward.

Edited by Cassidy

That Petty hit was unreal.  The two guys you don't want getting a free shot get one on the same play, I think I would have turned to dust on the field.

TJ Ward is a moron, what a dumbass play.

Well good season Lions you aren't making the playoffs.  People say Stafford's finger/glove situation doesn't appear to be bothering him but I think it is obvious it is.  The run game sucks, they really miss Abdullah and with Riddick hurt too it just evaporated.  Now Slay is probably going to miss MNF and possibly the Packers game, so there goes their best DB after already missing a starter due to a season ending injury.  It was fun while it lasted...

3 hours ago, Chris Benoit said:

That Petty hit was unreal. so good!

TOM SAVAGE, everybody!  It happened!!

"Compare that to Savage, whose passer rating was 101.7 when under pressure and 103.0 when blitzed."

Acceptable for a guy who was suddenly hospitalized with a "scary" infection in his throwing elbow exactly two weeks prior -- he finally returned to practice on Wednesday.  260 yards in 2.5 quarters, with run-heavy play-calling for his first couple of drives and he was missing the #1 TE, and #3 & 4 WRs IR'd the week before.  (Osweiler barely broke 260 twice this season -- 268 & 269.)  He was also victimized by some bad play-calling, like the 4th & G (<1) fade to Nuk vs Ramsey and other 2nd & short run calls vs mixing it and throwing.  Ramsey also last second stripped a perfect ball to Nuk in the EZ as he hit the ground with the catch on a later drive.

FINALLY.

Is Peyton living in the Denver area still? Tennessee? Indy? New Orleans? Of all the places, I'd just stay in Denver. We'll see what team he becomes GM of though.

Pretty awesome play by Andrews there. Imagine coaching by Scarnecchia helped that out...and Pats finally establishing a run game this year has accelerated development of a young offensive line (Shaq + Andrews 2nd year players; Thuney rookie). I like Thuney so much, but he's raw.

If you're not in a playoff game, I'd skip. I always thought the bowl games were dumb as hell. They make a lot of $ for the schools, but not the players.

Pats postgame locker room celebration video
http://www.patriots.com/video/2016/12/19/patriots-locker-room-celebration-following-win-over-broncos?utm_content=buffer3ee89&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Matthew Slater holding up the shirt saying, "YOU CAN'T BUY THESE, YOU GOT TO EARN THESE" was just waiting to show a kid wearing them like those commercials with Jason Witten, Drew Brees, AJ Green.

Brady had his worst game of the year (1Q most notable), but I liked what the Pats did: played well in all 3 phases, showed that they could win without Brady having to save their asses. Gameplan felt like they weren't going to rely on Brady so much and they didn't trust Denver's offense to beat them at a certain point. When they had to, they went to Edelman and Bennett.

Edited by Cassidy

1 hour ago, DK. said:

TOM SAVAGE, everybody!  It happened!!

"Compare that to Savage, whose passer rating was 101.7 when under pressure and 103.0 when blitzed."

Acceptable for a guy who was suddenly hospitalized with a "scary" infection in his throwing elbow exactly two weeks prior -- he finally returned to practice on Wednesday.  260 yards in 2.5 quarters, with run-heavy play-calling for his first couple of drives and he was missing the #1 TE, and #3 & 4 WRs IR'd the week before.  (Osweiler barely broke 260 twice this season -- 268 & 269.)  He was also victimized by some bad play-calling, like the 4th & G (<1) fade to Nuk vs Ramsey and other 2nd & short run calls vs mixing it and throwing.  Ramsey also last second stripped a perfect ball to Nuk in the EZ as he hit the ground with the catch on a later drive.

FINALLY.

Your editing of my quote was a bit... petty

2 hours ago, Chris Benoit said:

Your editing of my quote was a bit... petty

WHATEVER BRO I'M HIGH ON THAT SAVAGE LIFE RIGHT NOW WHOGUNNA STOP ME?!!?

On 12/18/2016 at 9:41 PM, Cassidy said:

What a cunt.

^LOL: he did this on a play that would have made it turnover on downs, I think...dumb ass. Gets up, flexes to Pats sideline, gets flagged obviously. Penalty saved the Pats on the drive and the game was over anyway. 

Don't care for Ward...he got helmet first

TJ Ward can die in a fire alongside Burfict, Incognito, Suggs, and Suh. Fuck them all. I'm surprised nobody's taken a knee to ANY of those dudes. Antonio Smith came close with a helmet at Incognito.

It's a legal play, but  it's dirty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUUYNpzVXcI

Not much difference between Harry Douglas and Ward.

Regarding the Ward/Okung drama after the game, I don't think it was cool of Ward to stop Okung from speaking. Okung is a veteran and has been in the league for years and has been successful almost everywhere he's been. Except in Denver. There's been a locker room rift since the day the Sheriff walked out of the building, Peyton despite his atrocious season last year was the glue the team needed to stay together. Despite the offense's inability to stay on the field, or even score points the defense respected them because of Peyton's legacy. This year that isn't the case. Okung and his offensive line have been the single worst thing about the Denver Broncos this season, fucking PUTRID performances all season long and Okung isn't doing much better than anybody else on the line. The Broncos defense, apart from some difficulty against the run, has been almost as good as they were last year. The only difference is they aren't scoring defensive TDs like the did last year.

So in a way while I don't think Ward was right for shutting down Okung, I don't think it was completely wrong either. Imagine the weakest link in any group task you have steps up to tell everybody they need to work harder together. Fuck that guy. Regardless this team has some issues, which is sad because it's wasting a defense that should be good enough to give us a chance to repeat if the offense wasn't so fucking incompetent. 

Regarding the rest of your post, god damn Patriots fans are fucking pussies. What do you not understand about tackling a dude who is 60 pounds heavier than you, you have to go low. Edelman was talking shit all game, and he got into Ward's head and he suckered Ward into a stupid play. He's a dumbass for getting suckered and a dumbass for acting tough on it.

I thought they said it was Ward, but most reports said it was Talib.
I get that, but there's some good players on the offense (Emmanuel Sanders, Demaryius).
I hate Emmanuel, but he's good: he got shut the fuck down though by the Pats' D and he called the gameplan out. He was wrong.
http://nesn.com/2016/12/patriots-film-review-assessing-emmanuel-sanders-malcolm-butler-claim/

Demaryius is good, but he drops catches he has to make.
I just think it boiled over, but I don't know what they really expect: Sambrailo hasn't been healthy, drafting Paxton Lynch was ALWAYS a long-term project, Siemian is a 7th round draft pick who is wildly overachieving compared to college, CJ Anderson's injury was killer for a mediocre QB like Siemian to have back there, Devontae is a rookie coming off a knee injury in college, etc, etc. Even Peyton was a QB who was falling apart and had a shelf life of 2-3 years.

Edelman looked like he took a late hit on the punt while on the ground, hence the 'motherfuckers' he let out.
Yeah, go low, but when you dive head-first with your helmet into a kneecap, you are being dirty as fuck and willfully injuring a dude. Aaron Rodgers went over to chew out Matt Elam for taking out Randall Cobb's kneecap with his helmet. I'm cool with Earl Thomas' tackle on Gronk: he hit him with the shoulder. Ward then went and did the SAME exact hit on Gronk.

Edelman talks shit, for sure. But the Broncos do too. What Ward did was just being an imbecile and could have potentially got one of the best players in the league (certainly the best slot WR in the league) injured unnecessarily late when it was obvious he didn't have the ball. I don't think Ward cared, it was about pride, and he was pissed that his team got knocked out of the playoffs and he was trying to be a tough guy.

Speared Bolden in the AFCCG...
https://streamable.com/t7ip

I mean, it's good to have guys like that because intimidation/physicality is a good thing to impose. But don't try and say it's not dirty. A lot of it is legal and so is a lot of shit Vontaze does too even if he's the most overt/out of control dude in the league.
Like I said, Rodney Harrison was on the Pats and he was an awesome player. And dirty. And definitely outspoken.

seriously, I hope he dies in a house fire.
I have day dreams that I catch a game-winning catch in the Super Bowl after he's cut by the Broncos....I celebrate, douse him in kerosene, take out a lighter, flick it at him. I retire immediately. Or I just step on his neck and paralyze him. He tries suing me, but it turns out, of all the people in the world, I have cured paralysis: as part of a deal with the world, I am exonerated from being sued as long as I give the cure to EVERYBODY else but him. He then has to go on the black market to get a cure, and they fuck him up even worse. What I'm saying is: TJ Ward is a piece of shit. Ditto for Vontaze Burfict, Ndamukong Suh, Richie Incognito, Terrell Suggs: anytime they are on the schedule, I am certain something dirty will happen in the game. The game almost ended and I thought maybe nothing would happen. Nope. Fuck that guy, he's a cunt.

Giants in league pocket (owner John Mara showed up beside Goodell at Deflategate hearing), only fined $150K for using walkie-talkie and 4th round pick moving to back end
Browns' GM was docked $250K and loss of 4th rounder. For texting.

I was hoping the Pats would demand balls be tested for PSI levels after the Steelers-Giants. And yet, the league won't release any PSI levels or be transparent. 

Pats' Pro Bowlers
Brady, Hightower, McCourty, Slater

Slater lobbied for Ebner over him, but he doesn't have Slater's rep around the league.
Blount was deserving: he's having a career year. Hard to beat out Leveon Bell though...and McCoy.
Butler didn't have enough INT's to beat out some dudes, but he did have the pass breakups.
Pats' O-Line is too young, but I can see Thuney/Mason possibly making it down the line if they prove themselves.

Emmanuel Sanders is the only offensive player that should have been allowed to speak. That dude puts his entire soul into each game, his effort and toughness will never be questioned. Everybody else on that offense is useless and as soft as tissue.

Demaryius Thomas is weird, I hate him for how shitty he is and how bad of a season he's having..... Except he's having a great season by any reasonable standards. He's got 1000 yards and 83 catches. He's actually having a better season than Amari Cooper who made the probowl, more catches TDS and first downs and barely less yards. He should just be so much better though, he's a physical monster but plays softer than Sanders does.

I like Edelman a lot and I think Ward is a fucking moron for falling for Edelmans shit talking. I don't fault Edelman for suckering Ward into a stupid penalty, I fault Ward for being a fucking moron and falling for it. That said you're acting like Ward threw him off the top of a steel cage into the announcers table at WrestleMania, it wasn't that dangerous and Edelman wasn't going to get hurt from that. 

PROBOWL

Miller, Harris, and Talib all deservingly made the probowl.

Can't really say anybody really got shafted, except for maybe Darien Stewart. I think he had a better season than both Reggie Nelson and McCourty and should have made it, but both those guys are in the playoffs and we aren't so tie goes to them I guess.

Derek Wolfe could have made it, he's been great this season and is having a worthy year, just hard to say more worthy than the guys that made it. His game doesn't stuff stat boxes, but it's noticed by people who pay attention.

Matt Paradis, been a top center all season. The only capable player on our offensive line. But the unit as a whole is atrocious so he loses out to individually lesser players on collectively much better squads.

Demaryius Thomas can be argued from a stats prospective, but he wouldn't pass the smell test for pro bowl this year.

Trevor Siemian is great, I think he's our long term starter assuming he continues to progress and Lynch doesn't make an astronomical leap. He much better than I expected him to be, and his spirals are just so pretty. He's played so much better than he should based on our offensive line, if Elway can do some magic with the line and improve it our offense is in good hands with him.

1 hour ago, ignitionnight said:

Trevor Siemian is great, I think he's our long term starter assuming he continues to progress and Lynch doesn't make an astronomical leap. He much better than I expected him to be, and his spirals are just so pretty. He's played so much better than he should based on our offensive line, if Elway can do some magic with the line and improve it our offense is in good hands with him.

I'd count on Kubiak finding guys who fit his system (undersized, agile) more than Elway working some magic... unless Tebow can play guard.  

Someone tell me why it's cool that the Patriots again signed a problem player that no one else would?  Or were they simply a higher waiver priority than the Cowboys?  (They weren't when Blount quit the Steelers in the middle of a game.) 

Ward's tackle of Edelman was a wrestling takedown. I've seen a couple guys do that this year and some fans are like, 'what's wrong with that?' Again, if that happened to some star player on your team unnecessarily and late (like it usually it is) then it's lame.

Emmanuel scares me more than Demaryius: Pats ended up with LaFell after Sanders signed with the Broncos (I think they had an offer sheet with him, but Steelers matched it originally)...I don't follow Demaryius game-in and game-out, but I feel like he drops a lot of balls....It's probably how I feel about Randy Moss as a Pats fan: Welker played 100% every play, Moss would dog it here and there (he checked out during the 2009 season, definitely early 2010). It was just too easy for him, Welker was the glue and more reliable...but Moss could do shit nobody else could.

I think McCourty might be the best FS after Earl Thomas: you don't hear McCourty's name much, which is a good thing to hear from any offensive lineman or secondary player. Doesn't have the turnovers or big hits really (only Demaryius)....Random note: some good safety prospects should be coming into the league in the next 2 seasons (Budda Baker, Malik Hooker, Jamal Adams, hybrid Jabril Peppers, etc, etc)

Interesting that Bronco fans dig Siemian and see his upside. I'd definitely agree he needs more OL help/RB's.

Nobody claimed Floyd: Pats were the 32nd and last team on the waiver wire for Floyd...
-he's due $1.2 million for THREE games, something teams out of the playoffs wouldn't want to pay. Got paid $400+K to watch the Denver game and not suit up
-against Baltimore, Pats ONLY suited up 3 WR's (Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell). Develin/Slater lined up at WR for snaps. 
-they signed Griff Whalen to return punts only, he got cut once Floyd became available
-I think teams would have been more likely to sign Floyd if he went unclaimed and probably at a better price
-he will be suspended in 2017, BAC was .0217 or whatever. I have yet to see the video where he is passed out at the wheel at an intersection. Clearly has an issue with alcohol dating back to college. He got charged with 'super extreme DUI' and will serve 45 days in jail most likely in the offseason. Alfonzo Dennard served jail time for DUI before the draft after his rookie season for 30 days.
-Charlie Weis was his college coach, so there's familiarity with the Pats system

I've seen him play this year a couple times and I was unimpressed. We'll see.

Blount was pure luck to re-sign with us...Steelers fucked him and didn't use him at all, even to protect Bell from playing so much. It's like they had no plan for him, so I get his disgust. He's a good player and well-liked (still great friends with Bell LOL).

Edited by Cassidy

9 hours ago, DK. said:

I'd count on Kubiak finding guys who fit his system (undersized, agile) more than Elway working some magic... unless Tebow can play guard.  

Someone tell me why it's cool that the Patriots again signed a problem player that no one else would?  Or were they simply a higher waiver priority than the Cowboys?  (They weren't when Blount quit the Steelers in the middle of a game.) 

Yeah from what I understand there isn't expected to be much talent available on the free agent line this year. I'm starting to worry about Kubiak's ability to make adjustments, or at least his willingness. Siemian has been abused all season long, and rather than bringing Virgil Green in to block on the right side and assist our RT, or sending the back over to chip edge rushers, he calls the same plays. When asked about his lack of adjustments in protection he said he doesn't want to use players to block when they should be making plays in the field. What plays? There aren't plays to be made if your right tackle is bullrushed into the QB for a sack, or 3 men in the box create immediate pressure forcing a QB to throw into a backfield of 8 defenders.

Rick Dennison was my choice for head coach when we hired Fox, he's a broncos guy just like Kubiak and has denver ties going back decades. But I want him fired as OC yesterday, and Kubiak has to give up playcalling duties to the new offensive coordinator next season. This season has been a waste and it hurts me to watch this defense get no help from our offense.

23 hours ago, DK. said:

The video of Floyd's arrest was fucking wild.  He's pretty lucky the cops weren't super fucking paranoid with the way he couldn't follow their instructions.