Supra

NFL 2010-11...and 12.

14,864 posts in this topic

The big injuries were on the offensive line, center and right tackle were out which forced a rookie in at center, shitty ass Laken Tomlinson at LG, and an undrafted guy at right tackle who doesn't have any business starting for any time.  So that meant no running game and Stafford had no time.  When they ruled both the C and RT out before the game I knew the Lions were toast.  Not that their running game was too hot anyways, with Abdullah out basically all year and Riddick done a few weeks ago (man that hurt, he completely changes how the defenses have to defend especially in the red zone).

On defense they were missing their top three nickel backs, but it isn't like any of them were any good to begin with so it is tough to get too upset over that though the guy they grabbed from their practice squad was even worse than the other three.  A defensive end they got on waivers from the Browns who looked good moving into 4-3 end instead of 3-4 LB he was in Cleveland got put on IR, he played 5 games with the Lions and was third on the team in sacks :( .  The defense just has a huge talent problem overall.  Ansah was hurt all year, same with Levy who looks like a shell of his former self, Slay was battling injuries...and those are the three most talent pieces.  Quin was the only good player who stayed healthy on the d.  One of our DE and our middle linebacker both started every game and were both the second worst graded PFF players at their positions so that just tells you the talent level.

In the draft they really need DE, DT, LB, S, nickel CB, and I wouldn't mind project picks on offense either.  New GM has lots of work to do but at least he showed with the last draft and some free agent moves that he knows what he's doing (or lucked into a good offseason).

On 1/7/2017 at 8:17 PM, Oceanic said:

THANK YOU! So sick of seeing mock drafts having us take a QB at #2. This class sucks for QBs in the first round.

Need to trade down draft a DT and WR OR use the 2nd first rounder on Jimmy Garappolo (if possible).

However, I have to disagree with you on Joe Mixon. I think Dalvin Cook and (especially) Leonardo Fournette are better.

There is ZERO chance the Jets pass on Mitch Trubisky if he's available, which he won't be.  I've seen him with my own eyes for several seasons now and am his OG hype man -- that dude is real.  I've said all season that he'll be the first QB taken in the draft over Watson, Kizer, Kaaya and whoever else may generate draft buzz if he chooses to leave.  (Given his patience to become a starter and the way he chose Chapel Hill to begin with, that wasn't a guarantee.)

This is where I fell completely in love with him back in 2014 -- With about 4 minutes to go, UNC needed a TD to go ahead against Virginia.  The 1st down marker is at the 1 yard line.  On 2nd & 5, the starting QB, Marquise Williams is sacked for a huge loss and his helmet comes off, requiring him to come off the field for a snap.  With the play clock running, Trubisky comes in cold but cool as fuck, 3rd & 15, gets the play in and snap off just as the play clock expires, scans through his reads and throws the go-ahead TD right down the middle.  (The YouTube should be queued up to the play.)

That scenario had "run" or "screen" written all over it and go for it on the next (4th) down with the starting QB back in.  And the UNC offense does depend on the QB the adjust the type of play based on the look, so Trubisky even could've just chickened out and handed it off.  NOPE.  Fucking cold-armed strike for the score.

My dad, a Clemson grad, won't take my bet that Trubisky is drafted before Deshaun Watson.

Also not sure how Marty generates mock drafts when he doesn't follow college football at all.  

Edited by DK.

I should add that Trubisky is the only one that intrigues me because of what you said. Only thing that bothered me with him was that this is his first full year as starter correct? I don't like drafting QBs based on one year performance.

I just think Garappolo is legit too and we could take Garrett or Mike Williams at #2 and fill another need at the same time.

I watch some college football, youtube/vine highlights, breakdowns, have players I keep eye on, track shit on Pats fan forum, check to see multiple mock drafts about 3x/week once the Fall hits (I start checking this as soon as the 2016 draft is over: I start super early).  I just don't have a team that I root for.
I don't really have a read on QB's. I'll take DK's word that UNC's QB is for real. I'd kind of like a QB who plays 1 year to dominate a la Cam Newton. But who knows?

How do you feel about Ryan Switzer? I heard mentions of him as a mid-round guy to consider.
haha I guess Hunter Renfrow threw his hat in the ring to be a Pats WR. People really like Carl Lawson as a mid-late round guy.

On Saturday, January 07, 2017 at 11:46 PM, Cassidy said:

...but if McDaniels leaves the Pats, goes to a team like the Jags/Bears/49ers and keeps the 1st round pick and gives up a 2nd rounder for 

The fuck?

We're keeping John Fox for at least one more year.

Bears pros this year: 

Weren't the worst defense ever.

Akiem Hicks (University of Regina, say what?)

Leonardo Floyd looked good against coverage and rushing the qb.

Edie Goldman-Sacks

Also Jordan Howard is a stud to replace Forte.

Oh and Alshon didn't play so well that we have to give him retarded money to stay, I hope.

The offensive line was okay too.

Cons: Almost everything in the secondary that isn't Adrian Amos.

Injuries: took up over half our teams salary on IR

We still suck and might compete next year if Garrett or Allen comes to us. I don't see Da Bears fixing the qb situation cause we are retards, but at least we'll probably be a top 15 pick while improving our team.

It would be unfair if the Bears fired John Fox because they're rebuilding, they traded away key guys, everybody was injured in 2016, and they were just waiting for Cutler's contract to run out...but 49ers did the same exact fucking thing to Chip Kelly. John Fox is a fine coach if you want to rebuild, but maybe not good enough to seal the deal (Andy Reid is basically the same but better)

I didn't want Akiem Hicks to leave as an interior pass-rushing threat, particularly since Easley was cut, after his short-term rental with the Pats. Would have liked one more year since the Pats still don't have an interior pass rusher. Could have drafted KC's Chris Jones probably if not for Deflategate BS. That's who I wanted the Pats to draft had they kept the pick AND even if they traded into the 2nd, he'd have been available at #37. Sterling Shepard was another guy. Myles Jack/Jaylon Smith would have been enticing, but risky guys I would only draft if I had an earlier pick in the draft to take that risk or if they were available later in the 2nd.

---------------------------------------------
I feel bummed for Lion fans, in a way: they couldn't wrap up a division that should have been theirs (well, really, Vikings should have had it until injuries hit) but Packers predictably took it from them.
I think they might have to keep Caldwell another year. 
That should be a real competitive division...but at least nobody did what the Vikings did and traded out a 1st round pick for Sam Bradford.

12 hours ago, Oceanic said:

I should add that Trubisky is the only one that intrigues me because of what you said. Only thing that bothered me with him was that this is his first full year as starter correct? I don't like drafting QBs based on one year performance.

That's the only knock anyone ever has on him -- he's a one year starter and they ask why he couldn't win the job over Marquis Williams the last two seasons.  Marquis was an upperclassman, dual-threat who succeeded in the system quite well.  (3000+ yards in 2014 & 2015, 800 & 950 rushing -- Cam Newton stuff).  You guys really should find some game tape and watch this kid play -- he's so freaking cool, composed, confident and... just great.  His vision, awareness and chill are something to behold.  He has a cannon with a quick release, throws really well on the run, can change his arm slot as needed, adjusts speed and touch exceptionally and his placement is great.  The coaches love him, the players love him, he has no ego or entitlement -- he's just one of those guys who is good at everything, accepts that he's good at everything and knows that he has the tools to be the best with work.  

11 hours ago, Cassidy said:

I watch some college football, youtube/vine highlights, breakdowns, have players I keep eye on, track shit on Pats fan forum, check to see multiple mock drafts about 3x/week once the Fall hits (I start checking this as soon as the 2016 draft is over: I start super early).  I just don't have a team that I root for.
I don't really have a read on QB's. I'll take DK's word that UNC's QB is for real. I'd kind of like a QB who plays 1 year to dominate a la Cam Newton. But who knows?

How do you feel about Ryan Switzer? I heard mentions of him as a mid-round guy to consider.
haha I guess Hunter Renfrow threw his hat in the ring to be a Pats WR. People really like Carl Lawson as a mid-late round guy.

Trubisky dominated passing stats like Cam, but UNC has one of the better RBs in the country and he's not a runner (but is plenty athletic enough to make things happen as needed, and his vision in doing so wowed me a few times).  UNC wasn't better because there's not much talent on the defense and the ACC is the best conference in NCAA.

I would love to see Switzer get drafted!  He's such a gamer -- an absolute bulldog with diamonds for family jewels.  He runs great routes, catches absolutely everything and is as tough as they come.  His speed & agility should translate.  Really he has that Welker thing all over him.  He's also done this funny trick a couple of times in his career where he'll watch the gunner on punt coverage and, if he isn't paying attention, *not* call fair catch when normally one would -- he stalls for a second like he did fair catch and then takes off!!  He's been Trubisky's roommate all 4 years if that says anything about them.

Here are the highlights of UNC's 17 play drive to win it against Pitt this year, having scored on the previous drive with about 5 minutes left.  I'm posting it because Trubisky converted THREE 4th downs and two of them were to Ryan Switzer.  You can really see both of their guts here!

Here are some Trubisky highlights from the @ FSU game the following week.  I posted it because around 0:50, you'll see a beautiful situation of pocket awareness, pump fake, and seeing the field well enough to take off.  Mitch stiff arms the safety he outruns (that's the YouTube still image you're seeing!), corrects his direction for a 3.5 yard dive to the pylon hugging the sideline, fully planked extension, toes together, entirely in control.  I completely lost my shit watching this play live!!  It's an example of him being plenty athletic.  And many times this year I've seen him run, under control, and smartly, smoothly avoid the hit with great vision.  (You'll hear now that he's athletic, but earlier in the season, even at this point commentators and analysts were saying he isn't a threat to run & isn't athletic... I was always like, "You guys should watch him for about 2 minutes.")

Also above -- Around 1:45 you'll see a play where he rolls out to his LEFT on a PA escaping a little pressure, beautifully re-squares his shoulders and fires a strike.  It's in a highlight reel, but it's routine.  Everything is routine with him.  That's why when reports say, "Oh he's only a one year starter," I'm sitting there thinking, "They haven't seen him play."  He's the best QB in the country and I don't even have to see the others.  (Though, growing up with Clemson football on in my house every weekend, I still watch Clemson and I've seen most of Deshaun Watson's career.)  Ask Alex how annoying I've been about him and then ask him to imagine he's one of my Tar Heel friends!

Some nice runs in here, too -- You'll see the vision, patience and anticipation I'm talking about.  (Several in a row at 1:20 -- but for real just watch the whole thing while repeating to yourself, "One year of highlights.  One year of highlights.")

Edited by DK.

Cassidy, we fired Kelly because he was Baalke's guy and Baalke needed to be fired too (even though I don't give him nearly as much flack) and because Jed York is a moron.

Also, the Vikings were desperate for a starting QB and who knows how Bridgewater will heal up. That trade needed to happen. If it weren't for the Vikings' offensive line, they would have likely won the division and Bradford played superb most of the year (I live in Minnesota and they're my #2 team now). He was worth the price.

The Bears GM isn't going to be fired and he hand-picked Fox. Fox is a great HC to build a team. I think the Bears are going to be good in the next year or two, assuming they get the right QB.

Looks like the Bills are going to hire Sean McDermott (DC of the Panthers), who would likely bring Mike McCoy on as OC. That's a great coaching duo.

Now, if only they weren't so cheap and stupid and brought back Tyrod....

Edited by Oceanic

The Vikings didn't have to make that trade: it's Sam Bradford, Eagles didn't have much leverage with an overpaid QB who was disgruntled that they gave up picks for Carson Wentz.
I think people had an idea that the Vikings o-line was a major problem...they cut Jonathan Sullivan before the season, Matt Kalil isn't very good, I think the RT retired before the season, and then injuries came.

It was a panic move and was the worst move of the NFL season. Vikings felt like they could win now. First month showed that was possible...but everybody could tell that their o-line was a house of cards.

I was calling for the Vikings to trade out Adrian Peterson for years even before the child abuse hit. They are rebuilding and could have got picks for him. If they didn't trade out their 1st round pick, would have been a good year to get Fournette or Dalvin Cook as a replacement. I can see them being the team to target Joe Mixon now because they have to make up ground to make a splash.

Broncos, Bills get new coaches

I'm sure Derrick is okay as you can be with Vance Joseph...not sure what that means for Wade Phillips staying on.

If the Vikings weren't ravaged on the offensive line by injuries and Adrian Peterson getting injured, they would have gone 11-5 at least. Bradford is not overrated when he's on a good team. He's Chad Pennington with more arm strength.

They also aren't going to draft a guy who assaulted a woman after having a guy who abused (or whatever they call it) a child.

Edited by Oceanic

Y'all watched that last Trubisky video, right?  I had to again. 

I'll admit my dick got a little hard. Still not sure I'd rather have him than trading down. If he fell and we had a second 1st round pick? Absolutely.

6 hours ago, Cassidy said:

Broncos, Bills get new coaches

I'm sure Derrick is okay as you can be with Vance Joseph...not sure what that means for Wade Phillips staying on.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up, I'm okay with it. He's not the exciting hire Kyle Shanahan would have been, and the Dolphins D wasn't the most impressive unit in the world (pun somewhat intended) but he's well respected and well liked by people who know a hell of a lot more about this than I do. So I guess I'm cool with it. It seems likely this means Wade Phillips is leaving Denver and we'll promote Joe Woods to to defensive coordinator. Woods is our DBs coach and is kind of a Joseph clone. Defensive backs coach with a good rep around the league, we'd rather make him our DC than see him signed by somebody else. More rumors point to Mike McCoy being brought back as our offensive coordinator. Apparently Joseph reached out to McCoy before we even interviewed him and said if he gets a chance to be a HC he wants McCoy as his OC. If it's Joseph/McCoy/Woods I'd take that over Kubiak/Dennison/Philips, and even Shanahan/?/Philips.

Vance Joseph might actually be Mike Milligan.

3 hours ago, DK. said:

Y'all watched that last Trubisky video, right?  I had to again. 

Oh hey, it's Ryan Tannehill 2.0!

20 hours ago, Oceanic said:

If the Vikings weren't ravaged on the offensive line by injuries and Adrian Peterson getting injured, they would have gone 11-5 at least. Bradford is not overrated when he's on a good team. He's Chad Pennington with more arm strength.

They also aren't going to draft a guy who assaulted a woman after having a guy who abused (or whatever they call it) a child.

There's no way a smart GM would give up a 1st round pick though for a 29-year old unproven guy who didn't move the needle at all for the Rams, Eagles, and now the Vikings though.
Ditto for Pennington. He just isn't good enough or even Alex Smith level hope.
AP wasn't really doing anything...then the injury happened. And then they had no running game and no OL.
and not like they disavowed AP after the incident, really.

Chargers moving to LA officially
Yeah, horrible franchise.

If you're a CHarger fan, Justin Halpern's Twitter is a good read for shitting on the team and their owner.

If you think Bradford is a bad or meh QB, then you haven't watched him enough.

He's better than Smith. Pennington was elite at one point too

Edited by Oceanic

40 minutes ago, Oceanic said:

If you think Bradford is a bad or meh QB, then you haven't watched him enough.

He's better than Smith. Pennington was elite at one point too

I say this in the spirit of tolerance, most Pats fans can't see beyond #12 in QB evaluation or respect.  

Pennington has a triple whammy for Pats fans in that he's (1) a Jet, (2) a Dolphin, (3) not Tom Brady.  

Chad Pennington is #2 all time in completion % behind Drew Brees.  

Pennington was fine, but at no point would you have given up a 1st round pick for him...particularly at 29 years old, right?
he had limitations, but he was definitely on Alex Smith's wavelength: same weak arm.

and yeah, I'm spoiled, but you would MAYBE give up a 1st round pick for an aging QB like Brees, Rivers, or maybe Romo if you felt like you could win a championship and had a short window to possibly do so...just not Sam Bradford. 
Then again, I derided Carson Palmer being flipped to the Raiders and thought that was too much for an injury-riddled QB. Oakland didn't pan out, but he worked out in Arizona for 2 years. Now he's done.

I think Bradford broke the record for accuracy this year, but it can be thrown out as not as good as it looks.

Marty might be the only person who thinks the guy who broke the record for best completion percentage in a season (with a shit o-line, no running game and almost nobody worth throwing to!) isn't worth a first overall to a team who just lost their qb but were still looking at winning their division despite all their offensive flaws. 

My favourite part is he somehow still thinks Jimmy "4 games" Garropolo is worth a 1st+ but Bradford isn't even worth a 1st. 

Edited by haverchuck

2 minutes ago, haverchuck said:

Marty might be the only person who thinks the guy who broke the record for best completion percentage in a season (with a shit o-line, no running game and almost nobody worth throwing to!) isn't worth a first overall to a team who just lost their qb but we're still looking at winning their division.

My favourite part is he somehow still thinks Jimmy "4 games" Garropolo is worth a 1st+ but Bradford isn't even worth a 1st. 

Maybe because he was throwing, like, 3-5 yards per pass without any threat to really try to throw it.

I think most people would be more than fine to give up a 1st round pick for Jimmy Garappolo over Bradford.

-Bradford is on the bottom end of average
-Jimmy's still on a rookie deal VERSUS Bradford's $20M cap hit per year.
-Jimmy has more potential and is 4 years younger. Smaller sample size for sure

It was a panic move. Let's say they DID know Bridgewater's career was over.
-Adrian Peterson is an aging RB who is defying RB's not aging well...but he's still an injury/fumbling risk who sucks in the playoffs and had the child abuse shit that I was calling to trade out for multiple 1st round picks since Favre left
-their offensive line had an awful offseason...putting a guy like Bradford behind that was a mistake that everybody should know was going to backfire
-Diggs was a guy who showed promise

We know what Bradford is and he's not going to get it done.
I'd rather take a chance on a guy with far more upside who looks like he belongs than, say, take a chance on most the QB's that DO get picked in the 1st round. Most teams that do you just shake your head at. 
I have a naive hope that the Pats could get the #1 pick (it's not going to happen) but the Browns trading their second 1st over, say, taking Kizer/Mahomes? If McDaniels leaves to a team like the 49ers, it'll be interesting to see if he targets Jimmy to take with him.

Bradford getting paid that much by the Eagles was derided and laughed at by me...and then by the Bennett brothers in an ESPN Magazine piece.

Like I said, I thought it was the dumbest move of the 2016 season.  That's been proven to be true.

Let's say the Dolphins/Eagles do this this offseason...
-they shockingly pay $20M/year to Tannehill in 2017 (I don't think any Dolphin fans would want him back)
-...they then also trade up to #2 and give up multiple 1st round picks to do so. Tannehill, who has no right to complain about being disgruntled because he sucks, pouts even though he's vastly overpaid for a guy who's never made the playoffs or improved season to season
-Then, say, the Eagles' Carson Wentz, a questionable potential franchise QB, goes down with a bad injury.
-They then panic and give up what SHOULD be a top 15-20 1st round pick in 2018 considering, at best, they probably won't beat the Cowboys in the NFC East (ditto Vikings going up against the Packers)
-also, they have an awful offseason on their offensive line: Jason Peters retires, Lane Johnson is suspended for the year, and they just drafted a rookie WR in the 1st round (they don't have a 1st but you get the idea)

It would be a dumb, desperate idea b

Read this and see why you're wrong:

http://vikingsterritory.com/2017/analysis/sam-bradford-season-assessment

I'll put it this way - I'd rather have current, healthy Sam Bradford on the 49ers during our SB runs (over Alex Smit or Kaepernick) or the Vikings now than current Jimmy G. For a rebuilding team like the furrent 49ers? Id rather have Jimmt G. He's had 4 games, plus he's a Patriots back-up QB, so we aren't even sure if it's his talent or the system (I tend to think it's more his talent, but we don't know).

You need to let your Patriots bias go when you comment on other teams.

Completion percentage isn't that big of a deal if you are dink-and-dunking all over the field, averaging 3 yards per attempt. Bradford proved he could consistently be pinpoint downfield and on short passes.

Add that to the fact you only gave up a middle 1st round pick and a 4th rounder and would have won the division with him had the offensive line not succumbed to injuries and poor play? It was definitely worth it and far and away NOT the worst move of 2016. You're nuts.

If the offensive line were actually healthy and everyone was playing their assigned positions, they would have been better. The offseason wasnt the problem. All they did waa releaae Jonathan Sullivan because he had serious back issues and looked like shit and signed Andre Smith who used to be solid but played like dirt.

Matt Kalil isn't worth where he was drafted, but he's at least an average player. Jake Long was starting to play great before he went down. Berger has been the consistent veteran and got hurt as well.

And yes, I would have given up a 1st rounder for Chad Pennington if he were completely healthy. I think your Patriots bias is showing again, knocking any non-Pats QB on how good they actually were.

Edited by Oceanic

I just remember hearing Barnwell, Robert Mays, and others laughing at Bradford's completion % record and how it's the shortest yards per attempt in history while doing so.
But that's a good pro-Vikings read, but it simplifies things in their way.

Barnwell in late November on whether the trade was worth it and breaking it down...
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18132728/minnesota-trade-sam-bradford-does-not-look-good

Bottom line: the Vikings did not make a good trade. If Bradford comes back next year, it's not like their offensive line is going to be significantly better without a 1st round pick AND Bradford's cap space preventing an additio.

My problem with trading for Sam Bradford is that the O-Line was a house of cards before the trade....
-C Jonathan Sullivan had injury history and was released the day before Bridgewater fucked his knee up
-RT Phil Loadholt retired in July
-OT-Jake Long -after leaving Miami, he had a 100% chance of injury and should have retired.

I was somewhat high on the Vikings chances in 2017, but they had a bad offseason far more than I expected.
Viking fans like Drew Magary got laughed at hard when Bradford got traded to the Vikings and they gave up so much to get him. Eagle fans, meanwhile, were relieved/saved.

If they had traded for a more mobile QB to play behind that line, maybe it could have made some sense (even asking Russell Wilson to play behind that o-line in Seattle is dumb). But not Bradford. The offensive line is more at fault than Bradford, but it was due for failure and everybody knew that even when they started the season 5-0.

Chad Pennington is probably, sadly, the best QB the Jets have ever had in their history (not Favre for 1 year)-you maybe give up a 1st rounder for him when he's 25 and hope, not when he's approaching 30, has a bloated contract nobody wants, and has never improved or made the playoffs.

so Eagles get the Vikings' #14 pick- where they could have drafted Fournette, Dalvin Cook to replace Adrian Peterson. Obviously offensive lineman would be nice, but it's not a good draft for OL.
and it looks like a QB like Tyrod Taylor might be available and had for cheap or on Free Agency. That's an average QB who can play behind a shitty offensive line and hasn't been given the most fair shake. Or target Romo for nothing (Cowboys don't have leverage with his cap space and once they unleash him, they're in a comfortable 2012-2014 Seattle Seahawks territory with key players on minimum contracts) or Rivers and Brees.

Again, I'd rather have that #14 pick and the 4th AND the $20 million in cap space.

If I were Vikings GM post Brett Favre in 2010-2011...
-I'd have traded Adrian Peterson for 1st round pick(s) immediately
-2011: do NOT draft Christian Ponder at #12
-2012: drafted Matt Kalil at #4. At the time, that made sense...but didn't work out; Harrison Smith at #29 made sense and he looks better than I thought, which was fine.
-2013: Shariff Floyd + Xavier Rhodes in the 20s: made sense
-2014: ANthony Barr at #9: loved that pick...Teddy Bridgewater at #32 made sense even though Derek Carr would have been better. I came away liking that Raiders draft: Mack/Carr and felt like Chargers draft where they had Tomlinson/Brees and I think the Browns/49ers can do something similar this year. Cowboys 2016 draft is looking like an all-time great one...and Jaylon Smith is still due to come back. But I'm talking about a two early picks/moves in the draft to build your franchise.
-2015: Trae Waynes at #11. Maybe more of a reach, but when they have a defensive-minded coach I love you draft D. But Waynes wasn't that good to draft that early. I liked Marcus Peters (best cover man in the draft has proven to be true)/Byron Jones (best athlete/McCourty comparisons) better and could have been had later.
-2016: Laquon Treadwell was drafted to pair with Stefon Diggs and the run at WR's was right around then too with Doctson/Fuller picked before then. I'd say they did right there.

But I've mainly been jumping up and down for the Vikings to trade out Adrian Peterson for years now when they were rebuilding given the short shelf life RB's have and DEFINITELY when they drafted Christian fucking Ponder.

-------------------
So now the Vikings have this...
-a legit D that they hope can be like the Broncos and carry their team to a Super Bowl
-no offensive line any QB should have to play behind
-Adrian Peterson on his last legs
-$17M in cap space minimum via Bradford eating up cap space they could use to improve.

I'd MUCH rather trade for Jimmy Garappolo, get Tyrod Taylor/Romo, or draft a QB who falls than give up a 1st/4th AND pay $20 fucking million to an average player with low upside potential

...Bradford DID play exponentially better than ever in his career in 2017. And still, Bridgewater will be fighting with him for the starting job in mid-2017 when he recovers.

---------------------------------------------------------
WEEKEND PICKS

Seahawks 31 over FALCONS 28
hard game to pick, but I'm going against Falcons until proven otherwise. Julius Jones' turf toe + Desmond Trufant being out hurts.
COWBOYS 34 over Packers 28
Yeah, I love Aaron Rodgers and all, but Cowboys are at home and Jordy Nelson/Ty Montgomery got hurt. And still, most people are picking the Packers. I'd be shocked if they won. But we'll see.
I picked Giants last week...but the one problem was that I don't think their offense scored more than 20 points in the last 2 months or some shit.
Steelers 28 over CHIEFS 20
I heard this game could be in the middle of a freaky ice storm...and, basically, fans might have trouble getting to the game
I go back and forth on this one: Andy Reid is great after bye weeks historically....Steelers are inconsistent, but their defense is coming on real strong, their run D is great, and they might have the best RB in the league and the best/most consistent WR since Jerry Rice....Justin Houston is a big questionmark health-wise: they are different without him.
PATRIOTS 34 over Texans 13
Yeah, this is the least interesting game.

Blount is fighting an illness, Mitchell will most likely not play (knee injury vs Jets)

Every home game won in the Wild Card round...that should change in round 2.

best games: Chiefs-Steelers, Packers-Cowboys

EDIT:

Oh, and Rams hired the youngest HC in league history (born in my birth year of 1986)
and Wade Phillips is the DC: Bronco fans should be upset about losing him, but good move for the Rams having Philips help out a young HC.

Edited by Cassidy

The Vikings would have finished 4-12 or 5-11 with Tyrod Taylor at QB. He's not as accurate or as good of a QB. You're clearly letting a few media types and his past on shitty Rams teams influence your opinion.

The Vikings didn't need the 1st round pick. Their team is essentially complete except for their offensive line issues and needing a replacement for AP (which they thought Jerick McKinnon could be...somewhat - which they were wrong about).

You said yourself this is a weak OL draft, so picking one in the first round would be dumb. They wouldn't take a RB in the first either, because Fournette won't fall to that pick and Cook may go to the 2nd round. In this case, getting Bradford was worth the pick. If Bridgewater can't come back, or even if he can, the way Bradford played mighta key Bridgewater expendable.

You post like you have never watched the guy play this year. I've seen at least 5 games and he's been pinpoint in every facet.

Bills finished 7-9 and 8-8 with Tyrod at QB on a worse team (Watkins is his #1 option, has never been healthy). Bills line might be healthier and McCoy had a throwback year, but Tyrod could be more mobile behind a shitty line than Bradford who, again, was set up to be killed.
Tyrod is a stopgap QB, average...but he would be better in a better system. And, on the plus side, you don't have to give up a 1st and 4th to get an average QB.

Vikings aren't fine. Broncos were kind of a fluke team to win with a freak D and the shittiest QB in 2016 Peyton Manning. Vikings have a LOT of work to do on offense. The window to contend closes faster than you think since they're going to be losing Adrian Peterson probably this offseason at the earliest. They'll extend Anthony Barr.

Winning that division will be tough with the Packers as the top dog...and the Lions/Bears rebuilding. Lions kind of outperformed their limitations on D; Bears could move closer to 8-8 in 2017 with a couple moves and just get healthy.
They're basically a lesser version of the Broncos...with a far weaker offense, bad ownership. Broncos have a chance at turning it around in a really tough division and John Elway will be aggressive if the right move is there.

I'll give Bradford another year with the Vikings, but it's a dog shit trade. This is just the first I've heard of anybody thinking the Vikings made a good trade. I thought everybody was just laughing at since it happened. I just think that when you're trading Sam Bradford out for a 1st round pick, you know you're getting the 15th pick in the draft because that's exactly what Bradford is.

Brady playing in record 32nd playoff game (2 full seasons)
http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4799731/tom-bradys-32nd-postseason-game-means-hes-played-two-extra-seasons

going to tonight's game, so fuck yes to that.
I thought about getting Baggo to tailgate...or an Air Hockey table because it was the same price. Might do that next week if they advance. Would be dumb as hell, but funny.

Justin Halpern shits on Chargers owner and them moving to LA and how LA won't care about them
https://theringer.com/san-diego-chargers-los-angeles-dean-spanos-92653a53e586#.pdm6i1ekk

Edited by Cassidy

The Vikings will win the division next year if they keep Bradford as the starter and fix the offensive line.

Their team is basically complete other than the line and at RB (although McKinnon would be decent behind a average to good offensive line).