Supra

NFL 2010-11...and 12.

14,861 posts in this topic

...yeah, so scratch what you said. How do you drop 3 inches?!

John Ross: fastest 40 time ever at 4.22 beats Chris Johnson
yeah, I really like watching him play.
One issue is durability: he's getting labrum surgery this month.

Early round WR's people like: Zay Jones

Mid round guys: Ryan Switzer

TE class is loaded and more athletic than any class ever, really
cool: Kittle, Shaheen, Engram, Bucky Hodges
Howard (major winner), Njoiku (surprisingly weak numbers from what was expected) 
Legget didn't run.

Shaheen probably bulked up too much to get his weight up (278 pounds) and he was still ridiculous (10'1'' broad jump)

There's a ton of different TE's people want in the later rounds that I can't recall (Gerald Everett; Sprinkle; Roberts)
...and then there's Jake Butt who is injured after tearing his ACL in a bowl game.

Adam Shaheen should REALLY rise as he was expected to, but he outdid eveyrthing.
Evan Engram: 4.43 40 as a TE. He's very light of frame though, but he could be a versatile weapon.

Pats offered #32 pick for Brandin Cooks supposedly
Pats liked him and makes sense since the Saints-Pats have joint practices each year. and Cooks has lit it up each time they play.
If I'm the Saints, I would do that 100% for a player who has been generally disappointing versus how good he should be (and I LOVED him pre-draft and keep saying each year he should break out).

Cooks will be 24 in September. But let's be real: Saints are rebuilding, they're tight up against the cap.

I just don't know if I'd do it if I was the Pats unless they KNOW they're getting something for Jimmy. They have so many needs on D (edge, LB, CB, safety)

Either way, Pats need to get younger at WR (Edelman, Amendola) and TE (Gronk's injury history)

Brandon Marshall available
not sure if I'd be interested or what he has left and for how much.

OTHER
-Dalvin Tomlinson (Alabama d-line) is liked on the Pats board. Former prep wrestling champ, testing well. Might not last long in the 2nd round, some would like him at #32 (that's too fucking high for me)

Saints have $30 million in cap space. Thomas is just better than cooks. They'll probably get a mid round first if they trade him, otherwise they will just keep him. 

^I really like Thomas. I'm surprised the Pats offered a 1st for him, but it's a need to get younger at WR.
I thought you guys were tight up against the cap even before Brees re-signed and after trading out Jimmy Graham. They cut Jairus Byrd?
Part of the thinking for the Pats has to be Edelman/Amendola getting older, Gronk's health, and the fact that they suck at drafting WR's early. I liked Mitchell and he shined in the Super Bowl in the 2nd half. He should progress, but yeah, it's a long-term need to get a WR. I just figured there would be other areas that would alarm them (RB, TE, OL, DL, Edge, LB, CB, Safety) and that Cooks is due to be paid in 1 year.

Pats have over $60+ mill cap space...but...it still feels like they won't be able to retain a ton of guys with all the roster turnover/draft picks.

Jordan Willis (Kansas State edge defener) made himself a 1st round pick
4.53 40 39-inch vert 10-foot-5 broad 6.85 3-cone 4.28 short shuttle 24 bench reps

^he's got WR measurables...people on the Pats forum liked him, but questioned his athleticism. Well, say goodbye to that. Holy shit.

-Tanoh Kpassagnon killed it too. BIG man and he destroyed. 290 pounds, broad jumped 10 feet 8 inches.
-Hassaan Reddick had a good enough day where he could possiby be the first LB taken over Reuben Foster in the 1st round.
-Tyus Bowser was solid and should be high up in the 2nd round.

Obi Melifonwu
4.40 40, 11'9'' broad jump, 44'' vertical jump, 1.51 10-yard split
dude is 6'3'' to 6'4'', DB, with Kam Chancellor height.
dude from the small town next to my town, so I want him...but he might be out of reach since he's now going to be a 1st round pick.

Kind of my fear that once he got to the combine, he would be as good as anybody. That happened.

Peppers good interview with Rich Eisen/Mike Mayock

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/838785744575422464

--------------------------------------------------
I think this year's draft class is going to be one of the best ever. Might not produce a great QB, but some real talent.

IDEAL MOCK DRAFT
#12 (via Jimmy Garappolo)-DL-Solomon Thomas-I think he goes top 3-5, Jonathan Allen should fall and has durability concerns. Pats should address front-7. I'm giving myself something to play with, so yeah, Pats get the 12th pick
Backups: Reuben Foster, OJ Howard (Alabama), David Njoku (Miami), Christian McCaffrey (Stanford), John Ross (Washington), a CB

-if I were to guess, Pats draft a LB in the 1st round. This is a team that once had Donta Hightower, Jamie Collins, Jerod Mayo, and Brandon Spikes (dude could hit) on the same team. All were 1st or 2nd round picks. So hard to imagine if they lose Hightower, they're going to be left with Elandon Roberts, Shea McClellin, and Kyle Van Noy.
-If they want to get younger/speedier, Ross would be an answer and a substitute for trading for Brandin Cooks. And cheaper versus having to pay out Cooks in 1 year if they DO trade for him.
-Foster might drop after being sent home from the comboine.
-I think the TE class is loaded enough where guys will drop. Njoku is exciting, but there's guys available later.
-McCaffrey is versatile and shined at the combine. He's light for a RB, but he fits well for the type of RB's the Pats love. Yeah, being white helps, but he's good. I just think that pick is too high.
-there's too many good CB's in this year's draft. None really separate themselves for me (Kevin King had a standout/all-time great day, Lattimore looks like the best stil)

#32-SS-Obi Melifonwu (UConn)-like I said, I think he goes earlier.
Backups: DB-Budda Baker (Washington), EDGE-Jordan Willis (Kansas State), EDGE-Tim Williams (Alabama), S-Jabril Peppers (Michigan), LB-Hassaan Reddick (Temple)

-People think Baker is a better football player, but Melifonwu is a better athlete/size. I'd agree with that. People think that Obi doesn't have impressive game film though (alongside Michigan's Taco Charlton, Vanderbilt's Cunningham) and think they're overrated. But what equals that out for people (even those who agree) is that he has potential, might not excel at any one place, but his versatility means that he CAN play all over the place and be a match-up guy.

Interesting thing about Melifonwu: he could play CB too in some plays, safety obviously...but...more teams are looking at him to play LB than anything else in today's game.

Peppers' versatility is intriguing: some teams are going to play him on offense and might prefer him having the ball in his hands.

IF THEY TRADE DOWN TO THE 2nd ROUND -TE-Evan Engram (Ole Miss)-Light of frame for a TE, but he would be a mismatch for defenses.
BACKUPS: CB-Desmond King (Iowa); LB-Tyus Bowser (Houston)

#64-CB-Jourdan Lewis (Michigan)
Backups: WR-Zay Jones, DL-Dalvin Tomlinson (Alabama), CB-Chidoba Awuzie (Colorado)

#96-RB-Samaje Perine (Oklahoma)
Backups: DE-Daeshon Hall (Texas A&M)

LATE ROUND TARGETS: tight end class is loaded or WR (Ryan Switzer, Robert Davis JR)

Edited by Cassidy

I like how you went from Jimmy G fetching the 2nd or 3rd overall pick less than a month ago, to an ideal situation where you get the 12th pick for him today, and somewhere in between you admitted your team probably has no plans to trade him.

After seeing some combine footage, I would be really okay with Da Bears taking Adams at 3 even with a not so great vert. Still hoping somehow the Browns and 49ers fuck up and we get Garrett but that's not happening anywhere but my dreams.

Marty, as good as Solomon Thomas is, I see Malik McDowell going before him and would prefer him if I were you. Though his personality may not sit well with BB...   ....but he's the kind of guy that if Belicheck got him to conform he would be a monster for years.

Edited by haverchuck

2nd or 3rd was a wet dream that I never knew would happen. 49ers/Bears would say no because with that #2 or #3 pick, you could then trade it and pick up multiple 1sts or 2nd round picks. the 12th pick would be the most likely...and the Browns already have the #1 pick

I think the Pats are trying to drive up value in Jimmy by saying they won't trade him, but it's illogical to have both Brady/Jimmy on the same team.

Adams is said to be the safest player alongside Garrett in the draft. We'll see. I like Hooker a lot, but he needs surgery and 4-5 months to recover.

I don't like Malik McDowell at all. He basically wrote himself off as a Patriot player by saying he freelanced and coaches had no idea what to do with him. But we'll see.
I want Garrett so so badly, but that shit is not happening. I already created that motherfucker on Madden. He's 5 years into his career and has 114 sacks. Also, I suck.

^with that said, mixed guy on Pats board...
-doesn't look fast on tape, so that says he's more athlete than football player
-...but they view him in ways they viewed Patrick Chung: played on a shit D in college, tried to do everything, but could be great in the box.

Jimmy Garappolo would be worth TWO 1st round picks

-Browns picking Myles Garrett AND trading for Garappolo would be like Khalil Mack-Derek Carr. It's the most logical move and safest. They also don't have to pay Jimmy like he's Brock Osweiler.
-I think the Browns could include their 2nd round pick and that would be viewed as a 1st. Maybe a 2nd or a FUTURE 1st would be something, I don't know

Could be Pats driving up value/maximizing something...but SOMETHING is there and Jimmy looked legit/better than you would think.
Yeah, he got injured early...but so did Aaron Rodgers in 2006 vs the Pats and broke his ankle immediately. And Jimmy did it without Gronk going out on pass routes, Dion Lewis, or Nate Solder at Left Tackle.

Adrian Peterson would be open to taking a discount to be with Pats

fuck off.
I don't think he has much left in the tank, would still command too much, he can't pass block, can't catch passes, always turns over the ball at most crucial times, significant injury history.

9 hours ago, Cassidy said:

Jimmy Garappolo would be worth TWO 1st round picks

-Browns picking Myles Garrett AND trading for Garappolo would be like Khalil Mack-Derek Carr. It's the most logical move and safest. They also don't have to pay Jimmy like he's Brock Osweiler.
-I think the Browns could include their 2nd round pick and that would be viewed as a 1st. Maybe a 2nd or a FUTURE 1st would be something, I don't know

For a guy with one year left on his rookie deal?  

So say the optimal result occurs and he throws 4500 yards and 35 TDs, then what?  The Browns have to franchise tag him for $25MM?  Do you have a Kirk Cousins situation where your FO still won't fully commit?  There's no chance he wouldn't want to hit the open market and see how much Elway, Maccagnan (Jets) or his hometown Bears will throw at him.  

What about the worst result?  Say he gets hurt in August or September, never plays again in 2017 and hits FA.  That's what happened to Ryan Mallett -- he was traded with one year left on his rookie deal and had a very promising first game before tearing his throwing pec in warmups prior to his second game and ended his season.  He went into free agency, and even after only those two games, rumors were that the Jets were trying to sign him.  Fortunately for the Texans, losing him to FA wouldn't have been devastating because they only gave up a 7th for him, but the profile isn't so different from a hypothetical Garappolo.  Then what?  He's a FA an maybe Chicago comes along with an Osweiler-esque deal, leaving the Browns with nothing for their two 1st round picks.  Or the Browns have to pay something like that and now they're not building through cost-controlled, high-end talent from early in the draft.  

That's why he isn't worth really any 1st rounder.

Yeah, anyone on that "2 first round picks for a guy who played 3 games and missed a year due to injury" thought is a Pats fan.

Jay Cutler was worth 2 first's after a 4600 yard season (with 2 years of 85+ QB rating and no injuries) when teams didn't value firsts as highly as they do now and I just really don't see it. BB can talk up Jimmy G all he wants but we all have seen what happens after QB's leave his system where they looked good.

Apparently Da Bears are signing Glennon? Meaning we are probably drafting a QB? Or Pace is hoping Glennon plays okay enough for Fox to keep his job one more year and get a QB in next year's draft? Ughhhhh it feels like giving up.

I'd prefer Smokin' Jay one more year (to get injured and give us that final top 5 qb pick we need next year), but whatever. My ideal draft was the Browns fall in love with Watson, 49ers love Fournette and Da Bears get Garrett but lol at dreaming.

Marshall to the Giants seems like an amazing move but means they will just narrowly miss out on the playoffs again, that's just his luck.

-the 2 1st round picks is ridiculous, but not too far off (a 1st and a future 2nd is the most likely)
-the most likely result is he gets traded, that team extends him, or they franchise him for the $25M...which the Browns can afford since the only people they're paying are Jamie Collins, Joe Thomas (who will be 33 in December), and Joe Haden (who they tried to trade). They let Taylor Gabriel/Alex Mack go last year, Josh Gordon too (bummer), probably Terrelle Pryor again this year. ANd they still might end up being OK at WR.

Mallett was never very good. Hence, being traded for a 7th round pick when he was a 3rd round pick.

2017 might be a good year to suck because the 2018 QB draft class looks good potentially (Sam Darnold, Lamar Jackson, Josh Rosen, etc).
Jags could be dangerous if they get a QB

Joe Mixon-4.3 in the 40 (228 pounds)
yikes. Think he goes in the 2nd round.

Brandon Marshall=Giants
could be a good move. Upgrade from Victor Cruz who sadly couldn't recover from that torn patellar tendon.
He still gets to be on Showtime with his NFL show.

Pats traded for Colts TE Dwayne Allen for late round pick
-I liked Allen his rookie year. Hasn't put it together much since.
-Martellus Bennett is definitely gone now. Not a surprise since he's going to get $9M/year minimum
-helps Pats going into draft/eliminates drastic need to get a TE replacement short-term
-Colts would have cut him...but Allen would have got more guaranteed $ if he was a free agent
-Colts found themselves a TE replacement in Doyle
-Belichick praised Allen in 2014 as 'one of the best blocking TE's we'll see'
-Allen has 3 years $17.4 mill left., due $5M in 2017...he signed a 4-year $29M deal just last year

Brian Hoyer, Pierre Garcon=49ers

Pats sign Stephon Gilmore ($14M per year)

wtf?

-Means L0gan Ryan is 100% out (Titans, Steelers looking at him)
-...also means Butler is out too since that's the $ that Butler SHOULD be getting. There's no way Butler would play for $3.91M that he was tendered with when he knows he's deserving of getting paid more than Gilmore.
-nobody should get paid more than Tom Brady does...especially not a superstar caliber player
-...but $14M is the going rate for any #1 CB.
-Pats weaken division rival (Bills) 
-wish the Pats could have kept both Butler + Ryan around, but Ryan is going to get over $10M. I never imagined them paying another CB and Gilmore didn't do it for me. Not like he was on the bargain bin either.
-he's a bigger CB (6'1'' 190) so that helps deal with some WR's.
Pats explore trading Malcolm Butler to Saints for Brandin Cooks
Hate this. 
Just fucking sign Butler and Hightower. Butler deserved it, played his ass off every down.

Dwayne Allen's contract: 2 years $10M with Pats...Bennett being franchise tagged would have been $9.78M
so that move makes sense there.

Duron Harmon expected to re-sign with Pats
phew. THought for sure he would seek out an expanded role elsewhere.

Pats sign Alan Branch for 2 more years worth $12M
glad to have Uncle Phil back. So valuable to have around.
Basically same deal Wilfork got 2 years ago. With some inflation.

they also kept James Develin around and re-signed some camp bodies (TE Matt Lengel and TE Michael Williams coming off a torn ACL, CB Justin Coleman)

Nick Perry  years $60M to stay with Packers

$20.8M in year 1

Mike Glennon, a backup QB, to the Bears (3 years $45 mill)
Wow. 
Like Big Cat of Pardon My Take said, the Bears outbid themselves.

and just how much is Jimmy Garappolo worth now? He's also 2 years younger.

Cutler to Jets?!?
YES! YES! YES! PLEASE! 

Siemian could be traded to the Jets if Romo is traded?

Browns sign WR Kenny Britt (4 years $32 mill)
chose Britt over Pryor

Torrey Smith=Eages (3 years $15M)
Was almost traded to there last season. 49ers should have taken whatever they could to get anything since he had nothing to give with the QB situation, he was gone anyway, and they were fighting for the #1 pick.

Kirk Cousins requests trade after being franchised for 2nd straight year AND being put on trade block by own team
makes sense....but I also can't see him doing better elsewhere.

Chandler Jones extended by Cardinals for over $16.5M/year
yeah, no fucking way Pats would have paid that. Just fucking amazing that out of Hightower, Butler, Collins, Jones, NONE of them might see an extension. Unreal. I do think Hightower, of all the guys, HAS to come back given how shit the LB situation is.

Calais Campbell=Denver
WTF?!?! I thought he was going to the Jags. Damn good move by Denver. Almost unfair given how great their D is already.

Broncos sign some Guard named Ronald Leary to 4-year deal $35M with $20M guaranteed
weak draft class for offensive lineman

AJ Bouye to the Jags to be paired with Jaelen Ramsey
Could be dangerous. Ramsey might be the league's #1 CB.

Robert Woods, Andrew Whitworth sign with Rams for big deals

5 years $39M (Woods) to go along with Tavon Austin's $42M deal over 4 years when Austin doesn't fit with the Rams at fucking all.
Whitworth gets 3 years $36M and he's 35. He's good but goddamn. 

Dude, why are you such a Cousins hater? Cousins is better than Garappolo currently is by a mile and was an excellent QB at MSU. He will be fine wherever he goes. Don't judge him based on one game to get into the playoffs on a mediocre team. He completes 67-70% of his passes, 4500 yds, 25-30 TDs.

Also, Twitter posts are saying the Browns are signing Britt AND keeping Pryor, as well as signing Zeitler

33 minutes ago, Cassidy said:

Mike Glennon, a backup QB, to the Bears (3 years $45 mill)
Wow. 
Like Big Cat of Pardon My Take said, the Bears outbid themselves.

and just how much is Jimmy Garappolo worth now? He's also 2 years younger.

Glennon has a season's worth of pass attempts under his belt, 4100 yards, 30/15, most of which were as a rookie.  During his 2nd year, new coach Lovie had a thing for the inexplicably-signed Josh McCown and kept running him out there... and TB ended up with the #1 pick, which basically had to be Jameis.  

Not really the same as Garappolo.

Edited by DK.

Jimmy has a higher ceiling, but I guess that's fair for Glennon. I just don't see who was really going to go after him besides the Bears. Maybe the Jets because they are the fucking Jets.

Yeah, I think Kirk Cousins is mediocre. Washington, disgruntled, believes the same. I like him less than Alex Smith, who is a guy who even with one of the best offensive minds and a loaded team, singlehandedly is holding them back/not good enough.

Cousins has a pretty loaded offense that is as good as it's going to get for him compared to what the 49ers currently have. And Kirk is going to be 29 in August. He is what he is. Yeah, he threw for 4917 yards, but Matt Schaub once threw for nearly that much too.

Robert Mays (a Bears fan) on Glennon...
https://theringer.com/mike-glennon-chicago-bears-nfl-free-agency-624383c09bd6#.f1sfki1og

-yeah, I don't know who the Bears are really paying outside Kyle Long, who they might be forced to move back to RT just because they have no Tackles. They got a decent d-line, I think?
-they shed Brandon Marshall (5th team), Martellus Bennett, Matt Forte, and now Alshon Jeffery
-they're rebuilding...maybe Hoyer would have been more sensible on the rebuild than Glennon and less costly. But it's also more dissatisfying for the fans. If I was a Bear fan, I'd prefer Hoyer because I would know that Glennon isn't the fucking answer and he's just a stopgap QB until they inevitably draft one probably in 2018. Because, realistically, they aren't winning the Super Bowl and they're going to be the worst team in the division. I'd just be more patient. Yeah, suck my dick, Phil glad I'm not a Bears fan

Saints sign Larry Warford

Browns
if they get Zeitler/Pryor then that's good. Britt is meh.
I like Corey Coleman a lot before his hand injury.

Eagles are supposedly going to get Alshon Jeffery
Like that move for them alongside Torrey Smith. Upgrading the worst WR corps.

Calais Campbell chose the Jags over Broncos
yeah, the Jags are scary and have a better D than I imagined. I had them drafting Solomon Thomas potentially. I don't know what they'll do in the draft.
The scariest thing in the world would be if they sucked in 2017 and got Sam Darnold (even if they had to trade a lot to get him) and, meanwhile, built up their offense a bit (RB, TE, OL)

Panthers sign Ryan Kalil's brother, Matt, for 5 years $55.5 mill, $25M guaranteed
don't they know that Matt Kalil fucking sucks?

Edited by Cassidy

Browns are also getting JC Tretter. That line is legit.

Cousins is not mediocre. The reason the Redskins aren't re-signing him long-term is because both Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder are fucking idiots. Scott McLloughan is an amazing GM and wanted to re-sign him before the season at just under $20 million, but they said no. Now he wants to leave too.

Matt Kalil is average, he's not terrible either. They paid about what he's worth in the current market. Better than who they have.

23 minutes ago, Cassidy said:

Cousins has a pretty loaded offense that is as good as it's going to get for him compared to what the 49ers currently have. And Kirk is going to be 29 in August. He is what he is. Yeah, he threw for 4917 yards, but Matt Schaub once threw for nearly that much too.

Kinda full circle here -- Schaub's league-leading year was in the version of the Kubiak offense when Kyle Shanahan was OC.  Cousins obviously worked under that offense in his first couple of years in the league.  Rumors were yesterday that he wanted to be traded to Kyle Shanahan's 49ers.

HOLY SHIT THE TEXANS JUST PAID CLEVELAND TO TAKE OSWEILER. 

that is so fucking funny

Maybe Browns can use that 2nd round pick to get Jimmy, who is still on a rookie deal, while Brock gets overpaid.
Basically: Browns paid $16M for a 2nd round pick since Brock is fucking useless . But they got the cap space to do it.

Texans can now go after Romo

but yeah, actually a smart move by the Browns.
Lesson: don't overpay for an unproven QB...and at least meet with him first before targeting him. Jesus.

Word is Browns might just release Brock anyway, take the hit.

Duron Harmon=4 years $20M
about what his market is.

Stephon Gilmore=Pats (5 years $65M, $40M guaranteed)
fuck off. Wish they just paid Butler.
But if they pull off a 2-for-1 deal (get Cooks), that's hard to not find sensible. But just a bummer for a non-superstar player who didn't really do it for your team and gave it all the way Hightower/Butler both did on every play.

Bucs give DeSean 3 years $35M

Edited by Cassidy

DK is going to kill me for this but...
if I'm the Texans, I would trade JJ Watt 
got mentioned on Barnwell's podcast and they flirted with it

Here's my thinking...
-Clowney/Mercilus came on strong
-Clowney plays the same position and would be kind of moot alongside him.
-they don't have much cap room...getting Watt out frees that up
-Watt is NEVER going to be more valuable than he is right now
-they made it to the playoffs without him...and, the most they did with him, was beat the lowly Bengals. It was more the Bengals/Raiders losing than Texans winning...He's the best defensive player maybe ever, but he's not a total difference maker.

the team has the defense, but not the offense...I just don't think the QB is there for them

Maybe you wait a year...but I don't think Watt can play 16 games. He's slowly getting up to potentially Gronk's injury history, but not as concerning. If they still haven't made a move in the playoffs, that's going to be alarming.

Browns got a shit ton of picks to give up for Jimmy
2017 - 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6
2018 - 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7 11 picks EACH in next 2 drafts

#12 pick and 2018 3rd could maybe do it?

Edited by Cassidy

They're not going to trade JJ Watt.  Folks have been writing about it for months to generate clicks because that's what the internet does now.  I get the basis of the idea and I even understand the suggestion from folks who are only casually familiar with the organization & JJ.  

He will be a Texan until he walks away from the game because he can't be as good as he wants to be anymore.  And, to counter your argument of value, he'd be more valuable after playing an injury-free, dominant 2017 with another DPOY than he is right now coming off of multiple core surgeries.  

Edited by DK.

The Browns future looks better than Da Bears.

Fml, gonna drink so goddamn much cause who even wants Alshon Jeffery, right?

Markus Wheaton? Cool.... replace Jeffery with a WR3.

I remember Da Bears having Matt Forte, Brandon Marshall, Alshon and Marty Bennett not that long ago. Ugh

Edited by haverchuck

Phil, who the hell is going to be your #1 receiver? Meredith?

I was wondering why Cleveland wouldn't go after Glennon, Cutler, etc. Maybe since they got Osweiler and an extra pick, they'll actually go for Jimmy G.

I still think that'd be too much to give up. Maybe they'll go Garrett and then Watson/Trubisky/Kizer with their 2nd 1st rounder

Redskins fired their genius GM saying he relapsed on the booze.

However, there's a report that someone on the Redskins staff said there is a lot of jealousy high up on the team and they were going to fire him and make it seem like he relapsed. Fuck Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen's stupid asses if that's true. Hope they get sued too.

Unfortunately for my team, Kirk is reluctantly going to sign the franchise tag because the Redskins are REFUSING to trade him to the 49ers - the only team he wants to play for. Good on him for being a professional, but I hope it doesn't end up bad (ie. Injury, etc.)

We'll just sign him next offseason, I guess. See where Hoyer gets us this year and see if we sign another QB to compete. I really don't want to draft one. Would rather have Jonathan Allen or trade down and get Corey Davis.

Edited by Oceanic

Quintin Demps, tho...

Not sure how good he'll be for you.  He was just a guy in Wade's scheme, bounced around some more but when the Texans brought him into camp in 2015, he said on Hard Knocks that the scheme fit him really well and he was super comfortable.  

1 hour ago, Oceanic said:

Phil, who the hell is going to be your #1 receiver? Meredith? 

Lol I guess? If not the ghost of Kevin White? You know,  the "freak athlete" (read: slightly above average in the nfl, but freak in college) who couldn't learn a playbook with a year off from injury...  Yup.  Him. Fuck. Fuck it, fuckity fuck fuck.

And Daniel, I like the Demps signing but our secondary was so bad it's all improvements. But still... just ugh.

I remember once upon a time when Brian Hoyer was worth two first round picks... It'll be #lolBrowns if they trade for Brock, who is a cautionary tale of backup QBs being overvalued, and then proceed to trade a first plus the pick for taking on Brock's dead weight for Jimmy G.

If they give up the #12 pick and another high pick for a backup QB that is indefensible. They are set up to flip the franchise over the next two years and they're throwing it away on a guy they're gonna either have to pay big in a year or he sucks and they waste two impact draft picks.