Supra

NFL 2010-11...and 12.

14,866 posts in this topic

Wha?

I still don't get the Rivers hate. Snivel? He throws tantrums, but that makes you hate the guy? And it's not like he's being a bad sport- he's mad at his own team and himself- I don't get all the rancor.

Wha?

I still don't get the Rivers hate. Snivel? He throws tantrums, but that makes you hate the guy? And it's not like he's being a bad sport- he's mad at his own team and himself- I don't get all the rancor.

I don't hate the guy, but I don't like him. I think when he does things like spike the ball and kick it he looks pretty childish and stupid. I understand he's mad and frustrated, I like that he cares. But doing it that way makes him look like a petulant child. I think that makes him less likable.

I don't understand the Chiefs coach. Jamaal Charles has the best yards per carry in the league yet Hailey won't give him enough chances.

Jamaal Charles could be the next Chris Johnson if he was used right.

Word is Kris Jenkins is out for the year.

I said that I doubt how effective Jenkins would be after breaking his leg last season...300+ pound dude over 30 trying to come back from that? There's going to be some issues. Now, it was a FREAK play, but he got bowled the fuck over.

My Jets fan roommate said he's the MVP of their D, more important than Revis.

That's his belief that 'the further you move away from the ball, the less important you are'.

I can't really disagree with that, but I'd take Revis over Jenkins any day. His argument is more that 'DT is the most important position on a defense'.

Expect Adalius Thomas to be a Jet and, knowing Rex Ryan, suit up for the Pats game.

He's with the Jets today.

Also, my Jets fan roommate is PISSED at me because of the texts I sent about Cromartie and all he can say back is 'Tom Brady is a faggot'.

The Jets, to him, are still a Super Bowl contender and this is his way of seeing things...

-all the penalties were bullshit (false)

-the PR by the Ravens should have been a safety or a TD (true, but not a TD)

-Shonn Greene, Calvin Pace, Santonio Holmes=didn't play or didn't get the ball much (true)

-they shut down the Ravens' run game (true)

-Schottenheimer should be fired as OC effective immediately...worst playcalling

-Cromartie is not a liability to him and was the #1 CB on the Chargers...DB's don't need to tackle (my counter-argument would be Belichick's quote saying "don't give me a defensive player who can't tackle. What am I going to do with him?"). The PI calls were all bullshit. He is a threat to return the ball for an INT anytime (Flacco's pass to a guy being covered by 4 guys was stupid)...any time another fanbase is happy to let a guy go like the Chargers are, then it's not a good sign

-Mark Sanchez is a good QB who struggled against a great D (that also happened to be missing Ed Reed)

He believes that since Brad Johnson & Trent Dilfer carried their teams to championships, then the Jets can too.

But that was 10 years ago.

The NFL changes more and more each year...and it's more of a passing league more than ever (the rule changes reflect this)

While I like the Jets offensive line, I don't like their blocking TE (Keller isn't that), or their RB's or WR's enough to say that they can win.

Considering the blow their D has taken (Kris Jenkins, being the MVP of their D because he plays the most important position on D), it isn't a good sign...even if they have the #1 D in the league.

Anyways, my same buddy is a Jets season ticketholder (even away games)

He might have a job in the NFL legal department to Goodell's right-hand man once he's done with law school since he went to school with the guy's 2 daughters.

He knows his shit, but he's so biased, emotional, and over-the-top for his teams it's impossible to argue with him.

CONFIRMED: Jenkins out for season with ACL tear

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/news/story?id=5571834

This probably ends his career too.

The previous injury to that knee also involved the ACL. It was repaired last October with a graft, using a tendon from his hamstring. He made a strong recovery, dropped more than 30 pounds and reported to training camp in terrific shape at 359 pounds.

He was looking forward to a bounce-back season, but it lasted only six plays. A year ago, the Jets compensated for Jenkins' absence and still finished No. 1 in overall defense. But now their depth will be tested

LOL at the first part bolded...how is weighing 359 pounds being in 'terrific shape'? Ever?

The 2nd part...the Jets are still going to be a damn good D.

I just don't fear them as much as I did last year.

Yeah, I know...that was part of what I bolded and, in the post before that, I talked about how I doubted how effective he would be coming back from a broken leg.

------------------------------------------------

Ryan Grant & Bob Sanders out for the year

Sanders should retire….this is already ridiculous. Torn biceps tendon on the OTHER arm that wasn’t injured from last year? He is Mister Glass.

MICHAEL LOMBARDI: How can thje Colts miss something they have not had? Bob Sanders has played in nine games since 2007, with Sunday being the ninth--

My brother did a fantasy draft on Madden.

He idiotically drafted Sanders and he only gets injured ALL the time.

I generally hate the Colts, but have loved Bob Sanders...but we both looked at each other and laughed on Sunday when they said Bob Sanders got injured.

Pats traded Maroney & a 2011 6th round pick to the Broncos for a 2011 4th round pick.

Yes!

Probably my least favorite and most frustrating Pats player.

He was in Belichick's doghouse all preseason (and for most of his time here)

People here don't like him because he dances at the line...and if they do, they say 'he will get it'.

No.

No he won't.

RB is the most instinctive position in the league...you can come in the league and make an immediate impact from the get-go.

You can either play it or you can't.

Maroney never really could play it consistently.

Pretty much.

I thought they were going to cut him in the preseason and thought it was a given (Rodney Harrison, Tedy Bruschi and Troy Brown predicted this themselves and trashed on him for years). A couple seasons ago, a teammate left a pair of diapers in Maroney's locker when he was banged up. Maybe not completely right, but he wasn't well liked and never met expectations. Danced too much at the line rather than attack it.

I don't know how the Broncos RB situation is. But they're pretty banged up, I would imagine.

Yeah, that makes sense to me.

I just don't get how to other people acting like a child a couple times a game when he's mad at himself = "I HATE YOU I HOPE YOU LOSE!!!"

Yeah, it pisses me off so much. Just play him god damnit! Guy is so freaking fast and tough too!

Phillip Rivers is the man and one tough bastard. At least the game was entertaining last night.

Also, can Maroney expect to get carries in Denver? (Fantasy question).

Ha. My brother was listening to the radio today and they said something like this...

Maroney went to Logan Airport on the way to his flight to Denver.

He went to the security gate, hesitated, went around it, and was immediately tackled.

Ha. My brother was listening to the radio today and they said something like this...

Maroney went to Logan Airport on the way to his flight to Denver.

He went to the security gate, hesitated, went around it, and was immediately tackled.

I heard that as well. I couldn't help but snicker.

Vincent Jackson can play in game 5 if traded, rather than game 7, NFL ruled today.

I think if a team offers a 2nd, he's gone. AJ Smith knows he'll probably get a 3rd rounder as compensation if he walks after the season so no reason to trade him for anything less than a 2nd.