Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
suprefan

College Football

842 posts in this topic

My (Pac-10) school is getting its ass kicked by a FCS school. I've been pissed about the school's football for the past 3 years, but this is just depressing.

I'm drowning my sorrows after Georgia got their asses handed to them by South Carolina. This is not going to be a good season for the Dawgs.

Just jump on the bama bandwagon like I did.

No, seriously.

Just jump on the bama bandwagon like I did.

No, seriously.

Hah, I feel you. I loved seeing them roll through Penn State tonight, I'd probably root for them over any other SEC team. I don't think I could find myself cheering for Florida or Tennessee; I'm living in a Vols friendly city now too, it's making me hate the color Orange so much more now after today, shit is fucking everywhere.

Denard Robinson, shit. Rodriguez found his guy for the offense. Oklahoma looked ridiculous today too. The USC game was just boring as hell until the second quarter. Virginia is playing great defense though. hopefully the second half is more eventful.

That was unfortunate. I mean, I knew Penn State was going to lose... but I wish we didn't turn it over in the red-zone 3 times.

Anyways, oh well, as I mentioned in the previous incarnation of theboreds, I never had any National Champ aspirations or anything like that this year, so I am not that disappointed. I mean, around the 4th quarter I did start pounding them down, and I am feeling it in the morning, but this was to be expected. At least now I know:

- Rob Bolden has a future. It sure ain't know, but its no more than a year away.

- Silas Redd baby, all day.

- Derek Moye is the man.

- Nick Sukay is terrible.

- The defense can't tackle.

- Our O-line is in forever suck mode

- For the second week in a row, catch the freaking ball Zug. You used to be one of my favorite players.

Oh, and about Alabama:

- Trent Richardson is on 'roids (kidding of course, but what hell, he is not build like he lifts like he does)

How about Da U talking all that shit, only to give the game away in the first half. so many missed opportunities. I would be pissed at Benjamin if i was Harris he caused 2 INT's. OSU just wanted the win more and they deserved to win it.

OSU was clearly the better team in that game, although it was sloppy on both sides. OSU's kick coverage was ugly, and Miami couldn't hold onto it.

That said, gotta love ESPN praising Pryor's accuracy at halftime... when he is throwing less than a 50% completion percentage. :huh:

Fuckin' A. I was at the Michigan/Notre Dame game yesterday. Absolutely brilliant performance by Denard, but we have A LOT to work on to stay competitive in a tough BIG10(11,12). Denard isn't going to take those hits much longer. The snapping looks horrible and don't even get me started on the kicking. Absolutely embarrassing.

Let me tell you guys, you MUST go to a Notre Dame home game before you die. I hate the school but it was a religious experience.

thank you Oklahoma for not performing anywhere close to last weeks performance. You have reassured me and the rest of the nation as to exactly how good you are.

I was thinking something more along the lines of, thank you OU for destroying perennially overhyped Florida State.

JMU did something along the same lines to VT.

So, lets get some discussion going. Does the Virginia Tech embarrassment call Boise State's schedule into even more question? Does it matter? Will anyone talk about that, or will it just be they beat a top 10 team in a basically road game discussion?

well Boise States 2 team schedule now turns into a one team schedule and Oregon State is their only other ranked team at the moment. I for one have been a hater of Boise for a while now (and no im not bitter about the Fiesta Bowl still). I just dont see how a team who plays dog shit schools all year round and goes undefeated should go over a school thats in a tough conference like the Big 12, SEC, or Big 10.

well Boise States 2 team schedule now turns into a one team schedule and Oregon State is their only other ranked team at the moment. I for one have been a hater of Boise for a while now (and no im not bitter about the Fiesta Bowl still). I just dont see how a team who plays dog shit schools all year round and goes undefeated should go over a school thats in a tough conference like the Big 12, SEC, or Big 10.

Agreed, but I actually think they'll end up with a zero team schedule. Oregon State is going to lose a few games this year. Boise State is going to finish lower in the computer rankings this season than they did last year when they at least had a win over number 7 Oregon.

Yes, Va Tech losing to an FCS school totally made Boise State drop out of contention when it comes to the bcs equation in a month. And whats going to happen if say, Oregon state beats them? Everyone is going to have a combined '' I told you so'' ready for that moment. And I still don't get Boise's excuse when it comes to trying to get some bigger marquee matchups for their non conference schedule. Nobody from the SEC wants to play you? Yeah, I dont think they want to truly show how bad Boise State could get its ass whipped. Like, they wouldve stood a chance against say, Florida last year with Tim Tebow in his last hurrah? Bama? Doubt it. Boise should have moved to the Pac 10. Then they would be feeling grateful for scheduling little cupcakes for non conference opponents after having to face everyone else in their league. they will never take the step to move conferences and have to consistently face tougher opponents, they just want to prove they can get it done by playing the shit schools they have already.

I think Boise's argument when it comes to scheduling is pretty fair. First, you have to acknowledge, most football programs fund the rest of a college's Sports programs being the one that actually makes money. So there lies the problem.. most schools rely on 7 home games, OR they accept payment for a game at another teams stadium with no return trip.

Problem is, Boise is good enough that they not seem as a auto win, so no one wants to pay them. Along the same token, Boise is seem as too small, and too big of a risk to become irrelevant before any scheduled series takes place to want to sacrifice a home game for a home in home. A few schools have, but this is the general perception.

So Boise State NEEDS the equivalent of 7 home games, but because of those issues, it becomes financially difficult to create them and schedule the big conference schools.

Yes, Va Tech losing to an FCS school totally made Boise State drop out of contention when it comes to the bcs equation in a month. And whats going to happen if say, Oregon state beats them? Everyone is going to have a combined '' I told you so'' ready for that moment. And I still don't get Boise's excuse when it comes to trying to get some bigger marquee matchups for their non conference schedule. Nobody from the SEC wants to play you? Yeah, I dont think they want to truly show how bad Boise State could get its ass whipped. Like, they wouldve stood a chance against say, Florida last year with Tim Tebow in his last hurrah? Bama? Doubt it. Boise should have moved to the Pac 10. Then they would be feeling grateful for scheduling little cupcakes for non conference opponents after having to face everyone else in their league. they will never take the step to move conferences and have to consistently face tougher opponents, they just want to prove they can get it done by playing the shit schools they have already.

The Pac 10 wouldn't take them because they wouldn't be able to generate enough revenue and their school is too small. And they can't schedule good teams because no one wants to fly all the way out there and not make some big TV money.

so you are wrong wrong wrong.

Hey USC, way to shit the bed on offense this weekend, but improve yo D (or maybe Virginia just sucked). It's a fucking chore to watch the Trojans play because they get penalized for shit every 2 seconds. Yay for being the most penalized team in the nation.

I don't have a lot to look forward to with facing Houston and Texas. We'll probably score some points against Houston, but it probably won't be enough.

The positives are that one of the top duel threat qbs signed to UCLA. In addition Shaq Evans, wr from ND, and Brandon Willis,dl from NC, transferred. The talent will be there, no excuses next season. There had better be improvement.

If UCLA goes 2-10, will Neuhisal (spelling?) get fired?

Not really sure, I guess its possible. The recruiting has been great but they still don't have a qb, and pretty much every team on the schedule has a more experienced qb or is just plain better. We'll see.

Also, 4 of their top o-lineman are out for the season from injury/academics/suspension. Their top DE is out for half the season, Prince who I don't like much to begin with didn't play much of camp. So I'm sure they'll keep that in mind before making a decision. Dorell didn't exactly leave him much.

The Pac 10 wouldn't take them because they wouldn't be able to generate enough revenue and their school is too small. And they can't schedule good teams because no one wants to fly all the way out there and not make some big TV money.

That's wrong. Boise State is about the same size as Oregon State. Boise State football also brings in more money than my school (Washington State) does. What schools want to fly out to Pullman or Corvallis? Ohio State backed out of a deal with WSU after WSU played in Columbus because they didn't want to come to Pullman, and lost money by breaking the contract.

Boise State didn't join because, apparently, they didn't meet the academic standards of the rest of the Pac-10, according to what I read. The school only has football to its name.

That's wrong. Boise State is about the same size as Oregon State. Boise State football also brings in more money than my school (Washington State) does. What schools want to fly out to Pullman or Corvallis? Ohio State backed out of a deal with WSU after WSU played in Columbus because they didn't want to come to Pullman, and lost money by breaking the contract.

Boise State didn't join because, apparently, they didn't meet the academic standards of the rest of the Pac-10, according to what I read. The school only has football to its name.

I could see that. There was an article recently about how BSU has a really crappy graduation rate or something, because it's hard for students to plan their classes or some shit. So yeah, BSU probably doesn't have the academic standards. That would totally make sense.