Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
suprefan

College Football

842 posts in this topic

USC takes on Minnesota here in MN today.

Minnesota lost to the University of South Dakota (yes, it was terrible) last week, so this is going to be an awesome blowout.

I'm pumped to see my team lose by 50 points.

So Texas might have the best defense in the country, but the offense is probably the worst offense they've had in years.

Still, I've never seen someone shut down Tech like that. They really only allowed 7 points (Tech had a pick 6) and they held them below 150 yards of offense.

Nebraska might be the best team in the Big 12, but I think Texas still has a chance to win the conference. And Oklahoma has looked bad in 2 of 3 games so far. (They've beaten Air Force and Utah State by a combined 10 points)

fuck that noise, Air Force played really well today and most teams in the Big 12 struggle defending against the option. Also OU went up 27-10 and put it in coast mode in the 4th, they had control of that game all the way. I give Air Force a lot of credit for the way they played today, Utah State was a different story but it was the first game of the season. We looked dominant against Florida State and when Landry Jones keeps his shit under control he is unstoppable. I will be especially disappointed if we lose to Texas this year.

edit- basically, Air Force is a lot better than most people give them credit for. They kicked the shit out of BYU last week.

fuck that noise, Air Force played really well today and most teams in the Big 12 struggle defending against the option. Also OU went up 27-10 and put it in coast mode in the 4th, they had control of that game all the way. I give Air Force a lot of credit for the way they played today, Utah State was a different story but it was the first game of the season. We looked dominant against Florida State and when Landry Jones keeps his shit under control he is unstoppable. I will be especially disappointed if we lose to Texas this year.

edit- basically, Air Force is a lot better than most people give them credit for. They kicked the shit out of BYU last week.

I agree that Air Force is better than most people think. They killed Houston in their bowl game last year. But I wouldn't reference BYU as a quality win for them... everyone is beating BYU big this year.

However, I watched the game and Oklahoma didn't look that strong. At one point in the second half it was tied 10-10. And I don't agree that Oklahoma put it in coast mode. You put it in coast mode when you're up by 30, not when you're up by a couple TD's.

I will say this about Oklahoma: You have two guys in Murray and Broyles who are guaranteed to each give you 100 yards of offense every week. Texas doesn't have that right now. But I think Texas has the better defense, as evidenced by the fact that they have the #2 defense in the nation right now.

I don't care who is coaching Tech, holding them to under 150 yards of total offense in Lubbock is impressive. It was Tech's worst offensive game in 20 years.

The Red River Rivalry game will be a coin toss this year. Whoever wins that game wins the south this year for sure.

I really want to know how USA Today keeps USc out of the rankings when they keep winning. Are they just not going to include them in the BCS rankings for the next 2 years? AP knocked em down another 2 spots yet again. Oh yeah, Nebraska is a MONSTER. Taylor Martinez has a lot to look forward to if he keeps improving and starts working on his passing skills more. It it just me, or did Ingram just look like he never even got hurt?

I really want to know how USA Today keeps USc out of the rankings when they keep winning. Are they just not going to include them in the BCS rankings for the next 2 years? AP knocked em down another 2 spots yet again. Oh yeah, Nebraska is a MONSTER. Taylor Martinez has a lot to look forward to if he keeps improving and starts working on his passing skills more. It it just me, or did Ingram just look like he never even got hurt?

Um.... they have to. USC lost their coaches poll privileges as part of the penalty for Reggie Bush. It's not USA Today's decision.

I'm happy to finally get a win, but unfortunately it was against a total fraud in Houston.

Texas' defense is going to destroy us next week.

^ not so much a fraud as it was their 2 awesome QBs both getting destroyed in a span of 2 quarters.

Effin' USC just does not look totally impressive, even though they keep having flashes of brilliance. Fucking penalties man.

I'm happy to finally get a win, but unfortunately it was against a total fraud in Houston.

Texas' defense is going to destroy us next week.

UCLA will be the first running team that Texas faces, so it'll be interesting to see how the defense adjusts. Texas' next three games are against three really good running teams (UCLA, Oklahoma, Nebraska).

^ not so much a fraud as it was their 2 awesome QBs both getting destroyed in a span of 2 quarters.

Effin' USC just does not look totally impressive, even though they keep having flashes of brilliance. Fucking penalties man.

They looked completely outmatched even with Keenum and the other guy in the game.

UCLA will be the first running team that Texas faces, so it'll be interesting to see how the defense adjusts. Texas' next three games are against three really good running teams (UCLA, Oklahoma, Nebraska).

They have been running the ball better, but remember they were almost dead last in the nation last year. Kevin Prince is a super inaccurate passer, and the o-line is a little thin on experience and depth. It will be interesting to see if UCLA can keep the game competitive. The answer is probably not but Texas' offense hasn't been super impressive so far.

They probably won't be getting much in the punt return game, because Josh Smith can seem to catch the ball, so it will probably be the sure handed but slow Embree.

Michigan is looking better this week.

defense is still turrrrrible

You do realize that they're playing Bowling Green who has a terrible freaking defense? They should be lighting them up.

obviously, i just mean the little details, such as the snapping. They're honestly not a very good team without Denard

Did Denard ever come back in? I turned it off after the Taint TD.

Man, Arkansas just got punked in the last couple minutes.

Wow...2 plays for Arkansas to score 7 on Alabama.

Does Mallett go #1 in next year's draft?

Scratch this...Mallett su-ucks.