Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
suprefan

College Football

842 posts in this topic

Eh, not buying it. Michigan State is a solid team imo, and their defense will get SOME stops.

On the other hand, Michigan's defense is just flat out pathetic. Only thing working in Michigan's favor is MSU has a bad habit of shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers. But really, I see a game where Michigan State can do whatever they want offensively, and the defense slows (not nearly stops) Michigan.

Aka, I'd say MSU wins by about 2 TD's, if I had to make a prediction.

PS. Hate to say it, but actually the other interesting thing about this game is can Denard handle the hits. MSU will get some big hits on him, and... can he take it? I still am not sure he can get through the Big Ten slate unscathed.

Ok, I guess I'll talk about the Penn State game a bit, because, you know, its expected. I haven't been posting much lately, no time. Anyways, it went better than I thought it would, honestly.

Our defense really held their own after the first, and we were a few breaks away from making the game really interesting. But, man, was it also a god-damn frustrating game. End of the first half, I swear we forgot we had a timeout. Ridiculous. Then there was the 4th and goal that was painfully close. We have left so many points on the board in the red zone this year.

And then we gave up with about 6 left, and punted on a 4th & 5ish just across the 50. Down by 14, you go for that everytime. So annoying.

Ugh, saturday sucked nuts. I was sitting in the fucking student section/player's guest seats with all the Huskies parents and friends and stuff. So being the only USC fan in the vicinity and then losing at the fucking last second really blew.

High five though Lane Kiffin for randomly passing deep on 3rd down and not using Allen Bradford again, even though he had 223 yards rushing already. Of course we missed the field goal after that and stopped the clock with 2 minutes left, allowing Washington ample time to drive down field. AND WAY TO NOT CALL ONE FUCKING TIME OUT THE ENTIRE TIME. Oh, but he saved all 3 of them to ice the kicker twice. great idea.

K USC is gonna lose their next 7 games in a row fo sho.

Michigan v. Michigan State is pretty intense so far. Michigan State's defense seems to be doing a decent job on MIchigan's offense. But Denard can break the game open at any point. I think Michigan State is going to have to put up some more points in the second half to hang in the game.

holyshit. i cant even watch michigan while SC is killing bama. garcia is 8-8, 92 yds and 3 fucking TDs

ya i wanna watch the Michigan game, but this butt raping is effin' crazy. Alabama's offense looks soooooo flustered.

If only those recievers caught Denards passes, this would have been a very different game. I wonder how bad USC is going to get killed tonight, I hate to say it, but stanford is going to beat em down.

And man, South Carolina, Bama didnt expect Spurrier to have a ridiculous passing AND rushing game for once. So Ohio state moves up, and Oregon is #2? Washington state is trying to keep up though, I am amazed the Oregon defense cant contain these guys. TRAP GAME!

Utah put up 68 points, against a somewhat decent 3-2 Iowa State team and went from #10 to 11... what the fuck.

Auburn moved up by BARELY beating a 3-2 Kentucky team.

Yeah, but Auburn's win over South Carolina looks a whole lot better now. And with Pittsburgh's loss, Utah's "upset win" early in the season looks even less impressive. Point is, there is more going on when you judge a resume than the last game.

Also, stop looking at AP rankings, they are worth nothing. Utah was 10 entering the week and 10 leaving the week in the only current set of rankings that mean anything. So calm down, its fine.

If it isn't already obvious, the SEC championship game is going to be Bama and SC.

Here's why.

-LSU will lose to Auburn and Bama, knocking them out of it...they suck anyway.

-Auburn will get killed by Bama when they play them since it's @ bama and it's the last game of the season so the tide will be in full roll by then.

-Arkansas poses no real threat, plus the tide already beat their ass anyway.

-SC will obviously be in it because they have no competition on the East.

Unless Bama totally collapses at home when they play Auburn, or SC loses to Florida in a freak accident (neither of those will happen) ...it's set in stone.

And obviously Bama will probably win the SEC game because 1. It's nuetral. 2. SC doesn't get their bitch ass bye like they did last week. And 3. Bama's secondary will actually be worth a shit then.

Sorry guys. It looks like another run to the national champ. for Saban.

Because they're in the motherfucking SEC.

Have you seen their schedule? Over half the teams they play have BYE's the week before they play them.

Sorry AC but if 2 of nebraska, oregon, oklahoma, OSU and MSU (MSU and OSU don't play this year btw), no way 'Bama gets in the game, SEC or no SEC. As for Boise/TCU... I'd say, yeah, probably.

And tim couch, what you said is not possible... one of nebraska and oklahoma would have to lose.

Sorry AC but if 2 of nebraska, oregon, oklahoma, OSU and MSU (MSU and OSU don't play this year btw), no way 'Bama gets in the game, SEC or no SEC. As for Boise/TCU... I'd say, yeah, probably.

And tim couch, what you said is not possible... one of nebraska and oklahoma would have to lose.

forgot about big12 championship!

stuck in the 11 team stone age conference!

Because they're in the motherfucking SEC.

Have you seen their schedule? Over half the teams they play have BYE's the week before they play them.

You have been fed too much ESPN crap.

If there are two undefeated BCS schools, they play each other for the championship. That's how it works.

If two of Oklahoma/Nebraska, Oregon, Ohio State are undefeated, they will play each other. Bama will stay ahead of Boise and TCU. But they won't stay ahead of the previous schools if they're unbeaten.

This article pretty much explains my viewpoint.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1137502

It will end up being Alabama VS whatever one loss school they pick for number two. (won't be Boise even if they go undefeated. Let's be honest.)

If a Big 10 or big 12 team happens to go undefeated, then they will be the shoe in.

I wish calculated risk still posted here. Got to talk to him about some gainesville trials and tribulations! Let's hope Urban Meyer doesn't have a nervous breakdown on the sidelines.