Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Random Encounter

The Official "Game I Just Played" Thread

216 posts in this topic

On 11/21/2011 at 4:57 PM, Robot Zombies said:

I've played through it once when it came out, it's just the only one I don't own. I've had MGS4 sitting around and still havent finished it

I've had a PS3 for about 6 months, and bought MGS4 in my first batch of games....I've also yet to finish it, and have actually barely even played it at all.

I have been playing a lot of World Of Warcraft and Runescape with my roommate. He is more of a runescape guy, and oddly enough he enjoys the original runescape. I am more of a modern WOW guy myself.

Edited by prosperoust

Crazy Taxi ~~~~ D or C (if played it as kid)

This is a pure nostalgia purchase and it's on sale. The game is just driving around, picking people up, dropping them off. The driving is fun but frustrating sometimes and the music and graphics are shitty but great. I played it forever as a kid on my Dreamcast and I just couldnt pass up a cheap purchase of this.

Just finished Beyond Good and Evil HD. I had the original for Xbox back in the day but never finished. I'm glad I got through it this time, such a great game - cool art, decent story, a female lead that isn't decked out in pasties and thigh-highs. It gets a little frustrating here and there, and it is short, but a decent game, I would recommend.

Yea, the first one was good but impossible to get if you don't own a any Playstation. Read a wiki. The story is convoluted anyways so it's not like you'll be missing much. Maybe some in jokes.

Emulate it. And the story isn't that convoluted. I could understand it well enough when I was 13 and I first played it. It's consider by lots of people to be one of the greatest games ever made, and with good reason.

Edited by COG

Agreed, it is good.

Playing Halo Anniversary. It's funny how much I did not understand the story when I was in HS. Good stuff still and it's fun to switch between the old and new graphics. Plus, it's cheap. $40 new.

Kingdoms of Amular's demo came out. I didn't enjoy the combat quite has much as I expected but it solidified it's self as a definite pick up for me. Looks like an action oriented game with an RPG-like depth (I doubt it gets close Skyrim but the main developer worked on Oblivion and Morrowind). Everyone that plans on playing Mass Effect 3 should download the demo because you get some cool looking armor if you play this demo.

I've been playing Saints Row the 3rd with my buddy, pretty fun co-op: to me, it takes all the realism that I get annoyed with in GTA and puts it in with fun over-the top stuff.

Don't know if I'd recommend it solo, but with a friend, it's pretty hilarious.

I'd recommend it solo.

There are some priceless moments toward the end of that game. At the beginning, Kanye's "Power" playing is one of the coolest moments in games.

Solo game was great. I cleared through that in like 3 days. Awesome storyline.

I would have liked SR3 way more if I hadn't played through SR2 like two months before.

I'm playing through Final Fantasy XIII-2 and enjoying it way more than I expected to. It plays so much better than XIII.

I'm playing a lot of games these days but the main one I want to mention is Dear Esther for PC. It's experimental. All you have is a flashlight, a narrator, and the ability to walk around an island. Amazing atmosphere so far and a bit creepy. The only reasons why I'm not giving a full review is that the game froze after I purposefully drowned myself and I was pretty far in one of the chapters and would have had to start over. Oh well, I'll finish it tomorrow.

Twisted Metal (PS3) ~~~~~ UGH

Yep, I gave a game an ugh and I'll tell you why. Twisted Metal is about playing with friends. The old ones were about playing splitscreen and the new ones should be about playing online. Alas, this game would be great (and has been great) online but the only problem is getting into a game. Every single game I choose, I get disconnected. Without exaggeration, I've gotten into 2 games out of 50. Those two games were a lot of fun, but not worth the trouble, honestly. If I wasn't reading while waiting, I would have shut the game off and brought it back and explained how broken it was to the cute but not too cute gamestop girl. Single player is bland but that's just because the game is about vehicle deathmatches.

I've been playing ME2 again because I want to change a few things for my ME3 run. I also picked up Syndicate and I've played a bit of that. I really want to get into the co-op for this game.

I've heard the co-op is what saves that game.

I finished FFXIII-2 awhile ago, now I'm doing post game stuff...one of the optional bosses, which I guess is the hardest in the game, took me 51 fucking minutes to kill. From the beginnin of the battle to the end, NOT counting when I lost to him the first time after about 25 minutes.