Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Random Encounter

The Official "Game I Just Played" Thread

216 posts in this topic

It's completely separate from the show.  It based itself on the comics whilst the newest Walking Dead retail game is based off the show and supposedly sucks.  Glad you liked this game though.  I haven't done the fourth and fifth installments because the third was so raw and fucked with my feelings.

For some awesome iPhone games(I have a lot lol)

Hector: Badge of Carnage (episodes 1-3)

Gemini Rue

Knights of Pen and Paper

Final Fantasy Tactics

Dungelot

Organ Trail: Director's Cut

Plague Inc.

Doom 2 RPG

Broken Sword 1+2 (I really like point and click adventure games if you can't tell)

Year Walk

Puzzle Craft

At a friends request I just played through Alan Wake. I don't really play video games anymore due to lack of time, but this one had be hooked. 9 hours in three days, and it felt damn good finishing it. One of the best survival horror games I've played since RE2.

I looked at all you said and would like some more info on a couple if that's okay. Hate adventure games but what is Knights of Pen and Paper and Dungelot?

Dungelot is basically a roguelike where you just unveil blocks to get to the next level. It's free though.

Knights of Pen and Paper is an RPG that pays homage to like dungeons and dragons, it's pretty funny.

I'm so excited to go home and play that today..

On another note, how are PS4 "preorders" working? I assume that no matter what people are going to have to camp out for one and they will be virtually non existent at stores for months..or are they planning on making a huge release?

Jump on a preorder from Amazon or one of the other sites right now.  You don't have to pay until the item ships.  I've preordered the PS4 and XOne but will probably cancel the xbox.  No need to camp if you preorder...

Cool, I preordered the "Battlefield 4" bundle. Also come with a year of PSplus for $500.

Also, I'm a couple hours into "The Last of Us". Amazing game, so much fun and challenging. You never have a lot of ammo, so it's kinda like old Resident Evil games. Really cool submersive universe, beautiful scenery, and (as always with Naughty Dog) amazing voice acting. This is trumping Bioshock Infinite in every way imaginable right now, and I loved that game.

This might be the best game of this generation of consoles, or at least up for discussion with Bioshock and Uncharted 2.

I went to go pick Last of Us up at KMart and they didn't have it.  I also missed out on an Ebay sale for the game ($45 bucks) by about 15 minutes.  Now I might wait a little while to pick it up....

It's completely separate from the show.  It based itself on the comics whilst the newest Walking Dead retail game is based off the show and supposedly sucks.  Glad you liked this game though.  I haven't done the fourth and fifth installments because the third was so raw and fucked with my feelings.

I just started playing this since it was on sale on the PSN. I'm just starting the third episode and now you're making me scared. Not like I'm gonna get scared but I don't want my emotions to get fucked with!

I'm gonna go trade in some games to get the Last of Us tomorrow. Can't wait.

Just finished the main part of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen for the first time.  I must have missed this game the first time around, it was re-released last month with all the DLC included, if you guys haven't play this game yet, I'd definitely recommend it.  It's been one of the best games I've played so far this year.

It's basically a 3rd Person Action/RPG.  To me, it kinda played similar to Fable, but a much deeper combat system, a better class system (you can change your class as much as you want, but some of your core skills will carry over, and your stats will level depending on which class you are).  It's a lot more realistic and has some of the best graphics I've seen on this generation.  It's open world in the same way Fable is, you have main quests and side quests, but you can just go out and explore to level up.

Tons of customization in character creation (you also get to completely customize your main pawn, which is basically a pet), tons of armor/weapons, and really good graphics. 

The Boss fights are so fucking awesome too.  You fight these huge cyclops, griffons, dragons, chimeras, ect.  They are super imposing, but never impossible to take down.  Some classes (Strider/Assassin, my favorite) could climb up the bodies of larger enemies, moving towards the weak spots and attacking.

Super fun game, I probably put 30-40 hours into the main quests, still have all the DLC to play, so definitely worth it.  I'd highly recommend it to anyone a fan of RPG/Action games.

I just finished Injustice: Gods Among us.

well, finished the story part.

It was fun- worth the 20 or so bucks I paid for it.  Nothing innovative, but if you like the DC characters and games like the DC v. Mortal combat, you'll like this.  It's a much better version of it, basically.