Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NoiseAround

Grand Theft Auto V

32 posts in this topic

I'm hoping they do a new location and not just San Andres or Liberty City (like everyone is guessing right now). I'd love to see it take place in London, Hong Kong, or some other cool city not in the US. But if I were a betting man, I'd say we'll get it in San Andres. a Las Vegas-like city, or Washington DC (the whole political side of it might be interesting). What do you guys think?

Just to get everybody amped, here is the GTA IV Announcement trailer:

Oh man. That was mindblowing when they first showed it. It is still pretty damn impressive. I want to play it again.

I lied. I'm awake. The trailer is out. It is pretty good. The scenery and backdrops, and just the general city population. Great trailer but now I want/need MOREEE.

Edited by NoiseAround

This scenery looks way better than GTA4. San Andreas was awesome because the environments varied so much. You went from city to forest to vegas to desert in like 10 minutes time.

Honestly the more I watch the trailer the more I am impressed. Every little scene has some feature of the game hidden.

Kotaku - The Coolest Things We Spotted in the GTA V Trailer

To follow up on the above, somebody posted this in the comments:

Bike Image

And to me, one of the best things was seeing the NPCs interact with eachother. The couple with the dog at the start, the people turning around to check-out others. That's a nice touch.

GTA V Multiple Protagonists Theory: The Evidence

Cool GTA V Graphics Analysis

Edited by NoiseAround

GTA 4 was the worst

Vice City is where they peaked, San Andreas was alright, GTA 4 lost all of the humour and fun of previous games. Hopefully this is a return to form.

I agree.

I thought Saints Row 2 was way more fun to play than GTA IV.

If you disagree then you're probably taking your beating up whores and murdering innocent people too seriously.

This isn't a Saints Row debate though, and I know that I'm in the minority of people that prefer it to GTA.

I haven't given up on GTA, and I'll admit that the new trailer looks sweet, but in the end the game has to be fun.

I never doubt Rockstar though. They know how to make great open-world games.

weird, i liked IV way more than the others... though that could mostly be because the graphics/controls are a lot better, but only because it was on a new generation system (obviously).

IV was also the first one that i played all the way through without getting bored and putting in codes and just destroying everything for fun without ever finishing the storyline.

vice city is probably my second favorite, best soundtrack (though the IV soundtrack is great, too)

Edited by mychael

weird, i liked IV way more than the others... though that could mostly be because the graphics/controls are a lot better, but only because it was on a new generation system (obviously).

IV was also the first one that i played all the way through without getting bored and putting in codes and just destroying everything for fun without ever finishing the storyline.

vice city is probably my second favorite, best soundtrack (though the IV soundtrack is great, too)

I agree with this. This pretty much exactly how I feel really, and my same experience, excluding GTA 1 for PC and the london mission pack, both of which i played and beat a dozen times over because they're superior. Doormat i can appreciate that you didn't like GTA IV as much but saying if people disagree with you they take beating hookers up too seriously, or whatever, is asinine. GTA IV was superior in many ways to most GTA games before it.

GTA IV was the only one I couldn't get into. I found the friends thing to just by annoying at times. I also couldn't get into the character and story. Though GTA 4 was far superior graphics, controls over the older ones it wasn't enough to overcome what I didn't like about the game. I liked Saints Row for it just being so over the top and way better customization. I'm a total sucker for create a player and modifying my vehicles and things like that.

Edited by Bacon Destroy

yeah it seems like there's always some aspect of the game that is stupid. with san andreas, i hated having to eat/work out. such pointless garbage. i can see how the friends thing would put someone off on the game. it was totally annoying, i just ignored it. though it didn't seem to negatively affect the story.

i think the controls part of it just has to do with the systems themselves. like if you were to play CRUISIN' USA for the nintendo 64, then immediately play whatever gran turismo they're on now, it's just so much of an improvement, i just can't imagine liking the older one more. does that make sense? i'm not sure if i even know what i'm saying

Eating/working out seemed like the biggest bummer to me. What a superficial waste of (gaming) time - not even an element of the game that anybody could describe as "fun". And yeah, the friends thing was pretty much the same. I ended up trying out everything, and drink-driving was actually pretty entertaining, but I never called anybody to hang out and the phone BARELY rang so it was tolerable.

It sounds (and looks from the trailer) like the eating/working out elements are back.

GTAIV was ahead of the rest for multiplayer alone. I liked GTAIV for the story and the purpose (which is why I don't think I can enjoy Saints Row... everything seems so comical and pointless) more than just mindless destruction for no reason, but the multiplayer was where it went batshit insane and was actually really fun for it.

I tried beating GTAIV, but every time I thought I was close it just seemed like it never ended.

So much time spent driving for missions its insane.

They need to work on the mission variety, imo.

I still feel it was superior to the others graphically and everything, but there was way too much driving and other stupid friend shit to keep me interested long enough to beat it.

I also thought the online multiplayer completely faceplanted after a while.

People just stopped playing it completely.

That being said, I still ALWAYS look forward to these games.

Edited by Oceanic

Big GTAV reveal.

http://imgur.com/a/GsODP

2 main points of interest:

- 3 main protagonists, with constant changing between them (not just, play as one for 5 missions, then another for 5 missions, so on)

- "When you include interior and exterior spaces together, Los Santos is bigger than the worlds of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas, and Grand Theft Auto IV combined, with room to spare"

Game is out, and is fucking great. We need to make a Boreds Crew for online once it's out. Most of my friends have 360s (mine is banned from Live), so I need some PS3 friends. 

Add me on PSN: prosperoust 

R* Social Club: scotttremper

EDIT: Went ahead and made a crew - "The Boreds". Drop your Social Club name here and I'll invite you, or search for it and request an invite.

Edited by prosperoust