Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew Wiggin

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

82 posts in this topic

yea, i just saw it comes out on Fri. A weird ass day for a game to come out. I'm going to wait, though. Told myself MW3 is the last game I buy without finishing all the ones just sitting around.

amazon same day shipping. i am really looking forward to this game, but it's going to be so hard to play along with bf3 and mw3.

Currently preloading this bitch right now on Steam. Surprised it's under 6gigs for download. The Witcher 2 was like 15gigs.

But yeah, I'm 99% sure I'm going to take a personal day on Friday to just play this shit all day.

Man. I could not get into Oblivion despite multiple attempts to do so, but I've played this for the last 5-6 hours or so solid, and I don't want to stop, but I have to see my girlfriend. At the pace I'm going, this game is shaping up to be so much bigger than any of their other games. The world map is so huge, and there are some 350+ locations as well. Most are fully explorable caves or caverns or castles etc. as well. Just crazy. So good. Get this game.

Fun game so far. I keep getting way too many sidequests, this game is going to take forever to complete, I always try to complete every quest I can find.

Gonna put some more hours into it tomorrow, I just got my first Dragon shout and it's bad ass.

Unfortunately, I will probably be playing SWTOR all weekend, since this is the weekend I get into the beta. But I will have be switching over if the servers ever go down.

Anyways, what kind of character did you guys roll for your first playthrough?

My first character is a dual-wielding axe Nord, with some minor restoration magic. And yes, I have the epic beard. I usually play through as a warrior-type the first time, then mage if I do a second run through. I've always hated sneaky-thief characters, fuck that noise.

This game is so freaking big that I have no idea what I want to do. I finished the main quest bits in Whiterun, now I'm just doing random sidequests and Champions quests. 10 hours in and I feel like I've barely done anything

I know I said I was leaving...BUT I came back just to talk about this game. I've never gotten into Elder Scrolls games, but I traded in MW3 and 2 other games yesterday to get this and I played it for like 10 hours straight.

THIS GAME IS AMAZING. There is so much crazy shit to do, oh my god. I just finished all of the Whiterun main storyline quests (and a couple more after that) and am almost done (or so I think) with the companion quests. There is so much crazy shit going on it's nuts.

Anyone know where I can find a really sick 1her sword? The blacksmith of the Companions guild made me a bad ass one that's like 20 damage and 10 weight, but I want something new and cooler looking.

We should all share cool experiences/fun quests to do.

P.S. Anyone else feel like Indiana Jones in those dungeons? The music sounds exactly like Indiana Jones music!

I'm a level 9 1her Nord warrior, thinking about buying my first house and spending some time to upgrade my blacksmithing so I can make some cool stuff.

Yeah you can make this bad ass armor made of ebony late game if you bring your smithing up.

Anyone do any dungeons/quests that are super fun?

I've sunk a bunch of time this weekend into this game as well. So damn good.

I have finished up the Whiterun quests, got my house decked out, currently working on the Companions quest line + exploring. The Companions quests (like the warrior guild Companions, not your followers) are really fucking awesome. Anyone else get to the point where you do the "blood ritual"? Spoilers:

I'm a fucking werewolf now! So damn awesome!

I think I'm on the final mission for them, I have to travel all the way across the map to the very bottom corner for this quest, I'm currently making my way stopping by towns/random dungeons.

My character is a Nord Warrior, specializing in dual wielding and 2h Axes. I have a sweet Ebony Sword that I got off some freakin nearly impossible boss wight in some random dungeon. I think I went through 30 healing potions trying to kill him. I have like 10 left right now. But it's fucking sweet, 33 Damage with my 1-hand skill upgrades. Also got some random mask off some huge ghost that gives me underwater breathing, +30 carrying weight and decent armor for being light armor. Although now my guy looks pretty retarded, all my armor is mismatched and looks pretty lame in 3rd person, I have this weird hood/mask, enchanted Steel armor, Plate boots, and yellow plate dwarf guantlets. Hahah, it's pretty silly looking, but my character is a fucking beast right now.

Also probably killed about 6 dragons already, I read that you should keep their bones/scales because with 100 smithing, you can make some decent armor with them.

I just wish like in morrowind if you kill someone in their house and no one saw you, you should get their house. This is the first time I have gone full magika and I'm melting faces off. Playing caster has been an epic blast. I can't wait to see what mods come out. No horse armor so far is kind of a bummer too, did they leave that out?

Idk about the horse armor yet, I haven't seen any. I started putting my level points towards smithing, is this going to make the game insanely hard (since I'm not putting points in damage/blocking stuff) because the enemies scale with you?

Haha that blood ritual thing was pretty cool :P Took me a while to decide if I wanted to do it, glad I did.

Other than not being well rested ever I don't know any drawbacks. I'm level 9 and I've hoarded like 4 perk points lol. I don't know what I want to put them in so I'm just hoarding. Put a couple in heavy armor and 1handed

So I just just beat The Companions guild quests, question for anyone else who has done the same:

Is there any rewards besides the shield and the axe? I realize that you also basically get any of the members as a follower, but I searched that place up and down as well as the Companion HQ after the quest was done and found nothing. It just seems kinda lame, I don't use shields and already have better weapons. I would have thought that for completing those quests we would have gotten some good sets of armor or something to choose, considering it's the fucking Warrior's quest-line. Oh well, I'm sure there is better shit out there, but it just seemed like a bit of a let down at the end.