Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew Wiggin

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

82 posts in this topic

Gah. This game is so good its scary. I think bethesda is peaking here. They have such a great mix of fallout and prior elder scrolls games mechanics in this game, it's basically perfect besides the few technical issues that really don't matter. I love that I just stroll into a bar, and see some guy sitting there, challenges me to a drinking contest, so I take him up on it, end up blacking out, and waking up in some city ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP, and you then get a quest to basically go all over the world finding out what the fuck you did while you were shitfaced, and it includes hilarious things like vandalism and marriage, etc. So great. I wish I could remember the name of one of my favorite dungeons, but honestly they're all good. This game was so well done, and I hated oblivion.

oh, pro tip, if you're like me and stumble into areas where you find those words scraped into the wall that give you powers that you can't use, you have to kill certain dragons to be able to use those, but first you'll need to talk to the jarl of whiterun, at least do that much of the main story before you really explore, so you can kill dragons.

Edited by nickzed

This game is fucking good, just the intro to the game, first scenes were making me hard. (With the dragon attacking the city)

Good working torrent already out there too for bums like me.

I don't know why I waited so long to start the thieves' guild and dark brotherhood quests. It makes perfect sense playing as a stealth character, and you get some awesome light armor.

Quick question...I found a way to level my smithing to 90 in about 10-20 minutes (this lets you make the end game armor sets). BUT if I level to 90 or 100 smithing i'm going to gain like 8-10 levels. Is this going to runin the game for me since I'll be level 24 (i'm like 14 now) and I didn't get any like 1her point upgrades or any good skill upgrades. Since the enemies kind of level with you (not as much as oblivion) am I going to be fucked / ruin the game? I really want to make this armor, but I don't wanna ruin the game :(

Quick question...I found a way to level my smithing to 90 in about 10-20 minutes (this lets you make the end game armor sets). BUT if I level to 90 or 100 smithing i'm going to gain like 8-10 levels. Is this going to runin the game for me since I'll be level 24 (i'm like 14 now) and I didn't get any like 1her point upgrades or any good skill upgrades. Since the enemies kind of level with you (not as much as oblivion) am I going to be fucked / ruin the game? I really want to make this armor, but I don't wanna ruin the game :(

From what I understand, it will probably depend on what other skills you have leveled up. I think the consensus is that level 15-20ish is probably a good time to do it, depending on what skills you are working on. Not sure what kind of character you are playing, but if you are a warrior, you should probably have put a decent amount of perks into your armor and weapons if you are going to do it at 15. Same could be said for mage, if you at least have made decent progress into one section of the spell tree, getting the 50% damage ect, you should be ok at 15. But if you are spreading it out a bit more with only a few perks in a bunch of different skills, then yes, you will probably encounter some problems. Although it will balance it out somewhat using the best armor and weapons in the game at 15.

Personally, I'm waiting to at least level 20 before I max out smithing, I'm rolling pretty much a straight up warrior this playthrough and some encounters are hard enough as it is.

I guess it also depends on what difficulty you are playing it on as well. I think if you are playing on Adept or higher, you might want to wait a bit.

What skills do you have leveled up?

rented it on xbox, and i've lvl'd a nord archer/1handM . I then started a desro mage and joined the dark brotherhood. Very fun and im gonna have to buy windows os now. All these games I've gotten into gonna eat up my time this year.

My bro got this for me - trying to convince me that I'll like it. Not going to say no to a free game so..

Is arriving in next week or so - I didn't like Oblivion or Fallout 3 but I did have some fun with Morrowind back in the day.

From what I understand, it will probably depend on what other skills you have leveled up. I think the consensus is that level 15-20ish is probably a good time to do it, depending on what skills you are working on. Not sure what kind of character you are playing, but if you are a warrior, you should probably have put a decent amount of perks into your armor and weapons if you are going to do it at 15. Same could be said for mage, if you at least have made decent progress into one section of the spell tree, getting the 50% damage ect, you should be ok at 15. But if you are spreading it out a bit more with only a few perks in a bunch of different skills, then yes, you will probably encounter some problems. Although it will balance it out somewhat using the best armor and weapons in the game at 15.

Personally, I'm waiting to at least level 20 before I max out smithing, I'm rolling pretty much a straight up warrior this playthrough and some encounters are hard enough as it is.

I guess it also depends on what difficulty you are playing it on as well. I think if you are playing on Adept or higher, you might want to wait a bit.

I've leveled 1her Swords (I'm 1 point away from 2 more crucial upgrades from the 1her section), block (shield stuff), heavy armor, and smithing. I think I'm going to put some more points into archery. It seems like archery is super useful at times. Anyway to enchant arrows and shit?

i love this game so far. i started a destro mage but re rolled orc 2h and heavy and i just destroy everything thats not a Giant. Have any of you guys started using PC Mods? apparently there are some sweet ones already.

I've leveled 1her Swords (I'm 1 point away from 2 more crucial upgrades from the 1her section), block (shield stuff), heavy armor, and smithing. I think I'm going to put some more points into archery. It seems like archery is super useful at times. Anyway to enchant arrows and shit?

you can enchant bows, i have 2, one for turn undead and another one with fire damage. its pretty sweet.

so are you guys team edwin or team jacoby?

I'm soooo a werewolf. Should I put spoilers on this, I mean, I'm probably the only person that hasn't put 10 hours into this game yet.

ANOTHER WANDERER, HERE TO LICK MY FATHER'S BOOTS. GOOD JOB.

I have never wanted to murder a child before...wait, there's also Little Lamplight in Fallout 3. Thanks, Bethesda.

Picked this up last week, just before my girlfriend got into town to visit during the holidays. The game is propped up next to my TV, unopened.

I'm jealous of you all.