Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DK.

2012 Fantasy Baseball

74 posts in this topic

This thread will serve two purposes! General fantasy discussion this season, but also to gather interest & info for the Boreds official league! We didn't do it last year because no one was into it, but let's do the damn thing again! I have a few active people interested in joining from outside of our world, but they're great owners who I've played with for years. That said, let's get everyone on board who wants to play and play hard!

fellside

Dodgerbolt

9thwonder?

Stringer?

rzdoom?

Edited by DK.

I'm in for sure. If we have to look outside theboreds for people to join, I could get a couple dedicated participants. I'd rather not have to go that route though.

I'm definitely going that route with these few dudes I have because I know they play hard and our usual league isn't happening this year. And quite honestly, there's very minimal baseball interest around here, which is why we couldn't even get a league together last season. I'd rather not have a handful of "I guess I'll think about maybe showing up for the draft...if you need me" over outsiders who I know will be around for 6 months.

I'm going to skip out on a boreds league- last year was the first year since...before the internet that I had only one team, and I liked it a lot better that way. Plus I like using this thread to get and give advice!!

I'm in if there are spots availiable. I won my college league last year, but I'm sure it'd be much more of a challenge seeing you guys know your shit better than most places I've been. I also promise not to half-ass it. Hate that shit.

It's gonna take a while for him to qualify at C in some leagues, but yeah... he should be a pretty decent option at C once he does because he'll play DH a lot.

Yeah, I'm worried about the Yankees to Mariners move, but I like that he's horrible at C so probably won't be playing there a lot and still think he'll get good value for where he's being drafted. Plus I hate dealing with having to carry an extra catcher to play on the days the one you have rests.

So I'm going through my OF rankings, and was getting ready to throw Corey Hart on my "yes" pile for drafting when I read this update:

Hart (knee) was hit in the head by the bar while lifting weights Tuesday and required eight stitches to his ear, Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports.

LOL Brew Crew.

I'm thinking about setting up a negative baseball league -- where bad fantasy players are All Stars, etc.

When are we doing this? Do we have enough teams yet?

I don't know how I'm going to win a league without getting advice from DK and folks. Then again I mainly won my league last year because I kept picking up Rangers and they kept owning.

I'm going out of town/vacay at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning until late Monday night and I have a full night until then, hopefully including some sleep. I was playing with a negative league setup (points) last night and think I balanced it out pretty well, so there is that...

If you wanna check out the negative league, here's the info (DRAFT TIME WILL CHANGE, it was just a placeholder)...

Dumpster Diamond

League ID# 158232

password: marklemke

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/dumpsterdiamond

FOR ANY LEAGUE, we're gonna ignore the Japan series (Mariners / A's) next week and start when the season really starts in the first week of April, so we'll draft sometime mid-late next week a week from Monday or Tuesday.

Just drafted my team: I focused on K/9 and K/BB and hitting instead of getting top starters early.

C - Alex Avila

1B - Adrian Gonzalez

2B - Dustin Pedroia

3B - Brett Lawrie

SS - Asdrubal Cabrera

IF - Michael Morse

OF - Mike Stanton

OF - Andrew McCutchen

OF - Alex Gordon

OF BJ Upton

Util - Freddie Freeman

BN - Cameron Maybin

BN - Ike Davis

BN - Yunel Escobar

SP - Cole Hamels

SP - Brandon Beachy

RP - Rafael Betancourt

RP - Sergio Santos

P - Kenley Jansen

P - Sergio Romo

P - Addison Reed

BN - Ryan Dempster

BN - Johan Santana

BN - Greg Holland

Nah... I'll change it. My schedule has been a mess lately and I haven't had the patience to recruit people when I've been free. I need to make a regular league, too.

I think I've decided to go weekly H2H on this one to keep people interested in tweaking their rosters because the results are weekly. As such, Yahoo has already begun scoring week 1 with the series in Japan, so week 2 doesn't start until a week from Monday. This gives us extra time to draft! (Week 1 is only like 3 games for most teams anyways -- no bueno.)

Cryin' Braun

ID# 184626

password: bannyramirez

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/cryinbraun

Current draft time: Sat, April 7, 6:00pm PDT / 9:00pm EDT ... considering a switch to Sunday (April 8) afternoon.

Invite some friends who you think are interested and will play!

Can I play?

i join with or without your permission!

double edit: almost made my name si motherfucker... thaat would have been awkward

Edited by Chris Benoit

I would prefer if the draft were on Sunday or earlier Saturday. I mean fuck it, I'm going to a housewarming party saturday but i'll bring my laptop and do the draft for the first 2 hours of the party if I have to.

You can have "Si, motherfucker" if you want, Alex. It was just a placeholder that I was 85% going to change. I was gonna use the league name or password for my team name, but I liked them for the league.

Anyone join who wants to!! :)

The regular league (Cryin' Braun), I just realized that next Sunday is Easter... I'm fine with doing it early Sunday afternoon or late morning (PDT), or keeping it early Saturday evening (PDT) but I can't go earlier on Saturday... OR I can do Thursday night.

I'm changing Dumpster Diamond (backwards league) to Tuesday night to give more time for people to join up.

Edited by DK.

Do whatever works for the most people. I can adjust. The only reason I didn't draft in the NBA boreds league is because I lost my internet connection for about an hour and a half at the worst possible time. Is that a keepers league? I gotta hang on to Jimmer Fredette and World Peace!