Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DK.

2012 Fantasy Baseball

74 posts in this topic

It's all about volume suckage.

Glad to have you in the league, Aaron!

Edited by DK.

I don't think I've ever spent so much time looking at the depth charts of the Orioles & Mariners in my life.

Drafted a team tonight. 6-team league.

C

Carlos Santana (Cle - C,1B)

1B

Carlos Pena (TB - 1B)

2B

Jamey Carroll (Min - 2B,SS)

3B

Chone Figgins (Sea - 3B)

SS

Ian Desmond (Was - SS)

LF

Nyjer Morgan (Mil - LF,CF,RF)

CF

Austin Jackson (Det - CF)

RF

Ichiro Suzuki (Sea - RF)

Util

Drew Stubbs (Cin - CF)

Melky Cabrera (SF - LF,CF)

BN

Jose Lopez (Cle - 1B,2B,3B)NA

Chase Headley (SD - 3B)

Starlin Castro (ChC - SS)

Joe Mauer (Min - C,1B)

Nick Markakis (Bal - RF)

Robert Andino (Bal - 2B,3B,SS)

SP

Carl Pavano (Min - SP)

Josh Collmenter (Ari - SP,RP)

RP

Jordan Lyles (Hou - SP,RP)NA

Tommy Hunter (Bal - SP,RP)

P

Jason Vargas (Sea - SP)

Nick Blackburn (Min - SP)

Kevin Millwood (Sea - SP)

Chris Volstad (ChC - SP)

BN

Kyle Weiland(Hou - SP)

What are my chances of winning?

I think the idea is to rotate guys through the DH, but he won't be part of some regular DH plan to keep him fresh. They signed Laird to hopefully give him days off more often than last year to do that. But he will see a little DH time at some point, I just wouldn't count on it being routine.

^^ I'm so frustrated with that league. Having 6 teams just makes it suuuuuuuuuper boring because you don't have to keep up with up-and-comers to try to get an edge. Everyone has a bunch of established studs.

^i don't get what you're trying to do with that team, DK.

It's my Dumpster Diamond team! Stupid ass Chase Headley hit a slam last night though and I lost a shit-ton of points for that. :(

Hallelujah! Jesus Montero officially made his 5th start at catcher today! Which means he has eligibilty in that position on Yahoo! looks like my team wont be in dead last for too much longer!!

edit- also my brother in law is offering me Brandon Morrow for Rickie Weeks, i have Altuve at 2B right now and am content with keeping him all year if need be. Should i make this trade?

Edited by Stringer

Altuve will hit for average and a handful of steals... Actually I wouldn't be super surprised if he ended up winning the batting title. He straight LOL'd on MiLB last season.

You would receive Morrow and trade Weeks? Do you need Ks really badly? (Because he's not doing that so far this season.)

Edited by DK.

I'm trying more for quality starts than anything. I knows has the occasional blow up game but im just curious of giving up weeks will be worth it and if people think Altuve will continue to hit over .300 score runs and steal bases

I'm trying more for quality starts than anything. I knows has the occasional blow up game but im just curious of giving up weeks will be worth it and if people think Altuve will continue to hit over .300 score runs and steal bases

Altuve was hitting 2nd until Jed Lowrie returned from the DL, and was moved to 8th for several games (I guess because Brad Mills figured he could still hit the junk thrown at him ahead of the pitcher and because a healthy Lowrie is a good #2 hitter). He's back in the 2 hole, so he's in a run-scoring position, but you have to consider who is hitting behind him. I think JD Martinez, who has hit 3rd all season, is a find and should hit ~.300 with 18-20 HR power, and that's the best you can hope out of Carlos Lee at this point at #4, too, so Altuve doesn't have 65 HRs immediately behind him but he does have guys with pop who will put the ball in play. He is a hitter, though (http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=514888), and I'm thinking JD is as well (http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=502110), but they're still kids with 3 months of MLB experience (Altuve turns 22 in May!) and could go into gnarly adjustment periods at some point (and both of these guys were completely ignored by everyone around baseball). Somehow, my Astros lead the league in BA with runners on base and are 5th in overall BA, 6th in OBP & Runs in MLB.

LOL I think you need to hold 9thwonder responsible if Schafer lollerskates... He's a Braves product (Michael Bourn trade). :)

I'm kinda mad that JD and Altuve won't be eligible for ROY this year. It seems every time I look at the box score JD is leading the team in pitches seen. His walk rate is WAY up this year.

Edited by DK.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice!! UNC & Mike Fox have really been producing some major leaguers in recent years.