Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robot Zombies

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona Series

16 posts in this topic

Has anyone played these? I just ordered Persona 4 for ps2, it seems like a pretty sick game. I've heard good things about Persona 3:FES too.

Anyone can vouch for these?

Let's hope so, there are so damn many Shin Megami Tensei games. I've had Strange Journey on DS for a long time and it's pretty good, and I just bought Persona 4 for ps2.

That just leaves:

Playstation 1:

Persona 1

Persona 2

Playstation 2:

Persona 3

Persona 3: FES

Persona 4

Digital Devil Saga

Digital Devil Saga 2

Nocturne

NDS:

Strange Journey

Devil Survivor

Devil Survivor 2

3DS:

Devil Survivor: Overclocked

NES/Famicom:

Shin Megami Tensei

Shin Megami Tensei 2

Saturn:

Devil Summoner

GBA:

DemiKids

Xbox:

Nine

Jesus, there are so many games and spin offs in this series.

Edited by Robot Zombies

I liked Persona 3 and 4, but I did find them to be quite repetitive. You basically go through the same dungeon areas multiples times. Got old after a while. Good game overall though.

I've been playing Persona 4 off and on for about two weeks. It's good, but the pacing is awful. Basically, you have a set amount of 'days' to finish a dungeon before it's game over, but for the first two dungeons so far I've finished them in about 2-3 days (they give you about 14 or so) and nothing happens story wise until that time is up, so you're stuck doing side stuff on the remaining days.

I can't find my memory card with my 40 hour save of Persona 3. I'm a bit upset. However, I do have nocturne and 4 sitting unplayed, so maybe I should just start one of those.

4 was amazing, it might be one of my favorite games. My time played at the end was like 95 hours, I think maybe 16 of that from leaving the game on while at work, but it was so good. I bought Persona 3: FES, and Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga as soon as I finished, so I think those are next. I heard Nocturne is good, but it's also almost entirely dungeon crawling with no emphasis on a story at all so I'm kinda ehh about getting it.

I bought it before you answered and I love it. You're scaring me with the save issues but whatever, I'm enjoying myself either way. It's only been the first few days in the game but I like the combat and other shit. I love how they blow their heads off to summon their personas. Pretty cool.

Yeah lol the first time I played it I was like uh..wha? Cause the fourth one is a bit more light hearted...in the fact they don't shoot themselves in the head haha. I think the only reason I'm having a hard time finishing 3 is because I spent so long playing 4 lol

I just bought a Vita recently and Persona 4 Golden was one of the first games I picked up.  I haven't started yet since I've been playing Dragon's Crown.  Do you guys think I should pick up some of the older Persona games first?

I just bought a Vita recently and Persona 4 Golden was one of the first games I picked up.  I haven't started yet since I've been playing Dragon's Crown.  Do you guys think I should pick up some of the older Persona games first?

P4 was the first one I played, I'd say play P3P (the PSP version of Persona 3: FES since you have a Vita) first, just because the improvements P4G made on the gameplay makes playing PS kind of a chore, still a great game, but I can't get over only being able to control the main character in battles.