Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DK.

2012 Fantasy Football

695 posts in this topic

We are still going to assume you cheated.

As long is everyone is on board... Call me the Patriots.

We are still going to assume you cheated.

As long is everyone is on board... Call me the Patriots.

ಠ_ಠ

(I'm down for the keeper league, for sure)

Edited by JayG

Bump.

Also I have a friend who is interested in a dynasty league and he is really into fantasy sports so he'd keep up with the team/be competitive. Let me know if there is a spot available.

I dont know what the hell you guys are talking about, but it shouldn't be a keeper league if we didn't decide on it last year since it would have changed people's strategies on who to cut or pick up

I dont know what the hell you guys are talking about, but it shouldn't be a keeper league if we didn't decide on it last year since it would have changed people's strategies on who to cut or pick up

Point has already been raised and dealt with. Stop stuffing chicken sandwiches in your face and read. If you don't want to keep someone as a first rounder then don't. You can use your special strategy from here on out.

Edited by Chris Benoit

When are we planning on doing the draft? I figure the sooner we get the date the more likely people will actually remember and draft their own guys.

Also, any way we can see which people are going to use keepers and who those keepers are? I'd probably choose to opt out of the keeper thing seeing as Andre Johnson was my best player and he's probably not worth a top 6 pick. But if I'm slotted 12th or something then I'd probably just choose to keep Andre.

When are we planning on doing the draft? I figure the sooner we get the date the more likely people will actually remember and draft their own guys.

Also, any way we can see which people are going to use keepers and who those keepers are? I'd probably choose to opt out of the keeper thing seeing as Andre Johnson was my best player and he's probably not worth a top 6 pick. But if I'm slotted 12th or something then I'd probably just choose to keep Andre.

Might be hard with how he is planning the draft order (post 25). I'm leaning towards not having a keeper because then I make another pick before everyone else who is keeping someone in the second round. I don't know though, this is a strange format haha.

Edited by Chris Benoit

Thanks for the help, Alex. Post 25 discusses the notion of releasing who is taking keepers vs not.

Mike -- See my earlier posts about how this keeper setup will work. It's super simple this year and then gets complex next season and beyond. (It's actually very cool... it rewards making sick late picks.) This year is about generating interest. No one kept this year will even be eligible as a keeper next year, so you are already drafting for the future this upcoming draft. In reality, this year's keeper stuff will have zero gravity on the future of other keepers. And honestly, you aren't going to win so don't sweat it.

And for everyone, I'm figuring that future draft orders will be determined by some sort of weighted value of keepers vs the standings. Basically, if you take no keepers, you'll draft 1st. If you take 3 keepers that are rounds 3, 4 & 5, you'll definitely draft last. Everything else in between will be weighted and determine the rest of it. That's the sketch I have now for next year, but I'll figure it further out in my head soon.

Basically, if you take no keepers, you'll draft 1st.

I don't like this notion. If a dynasty manager can't game plan for the future he shouldn't be rewarded with a high draft pick. Fuck this idiot, enjoy rotting in the bottom until you figure it out.

Basically, if you take no keepers, you'll draft 1st.

I don't like this notion. If a dynasty manager can't game plan for the future he shouldn't be rewarded with a high draft pick. Fuck this idiot, enjoy rotting in the bottom until you figure it out.

Interesting point.

I'll figure it out. Explain me more by what you meant about upgrading keepers based on ADP. System-wide ADP?

We'll decide on a website (yahoo or ESPN I imagine) to use their ADP.

So say you have a dude that you drafted super late that becomes awesome (Mixhail strategy alert!). So he's your 10th round guy or whatever. But his ADP for this years draft is 2 because you made such an awesome pick. Well he "depreciates" out of the 10th round. We can all decide on how many rounds to move him up, something like 8-10 round difference from ADP (2-10 in this case )he moves up 2 rounds (so he'd be your 8 round keeper in this example), 11-15 move up 4 rounds, etc. Just so some guy can't have all of his keepers chilling in the bottom rounds for the rest of eternity.

I probably like espn's fantasy football system the best, but yahoo comes at a close 2nd. I played in a league on fox once....good god was that awful.