Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DK.

2012 Fantasy Football

695 posts in this topic

This shit has been re-upped, boyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeee!! ย Yahoo! sent invites to your registered email, so peep on it and creep on it.

ย 

It looks like Yahoo! hasn't activated the keeper selection yet, but no worries because you have like three months to think about it. ย Check the rules two posts above and if you want to get a head start on determining the round for your FA pick-ups, you can use the player sorter for your team or this link...

ย 

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/24443/lastseason

ย 

Take the far right column, divide that number by 12, round UP & then add 2. ย That's the round that guy will cost you. ย Remember, this is FA/waiver dudes only. ย Guys you drafted cost the same round this year and guys you traded for carry their draft slot from the other team (same round). ย When it gets closer, I'll go through and post what everyone will cost.

Edited by DK.

Thanks for posting out the Keeper rules. I was clueless last year about them (not like it mattered). Now I know what I'm doing.

Excited for the league, excited 4 my keeperz.

EDIT: NM not that excited. At least I get Kaepernick for a fair price (don't suck bro)ย  :ph34r:

Edited by The Bear

How many keepers again?

ย 

I went on my team page and selected two guys, that sounded about right.

Edited by Chris Benoit

How many keepers again?

ย 

tumblr_me3xp70AbV1qltqg1.gif

TIme & place, sir. ย Time and place.

Right, forgot you can't keep your keeper from last season. Not sure if I want to keep Stevie Johnson or Benjarvus Green-Ellis. Probably not

Edited by haverchuck

Keep anyone you didn't draft in the 1st or 2nd rounds last season, so yeah... Schaub is off limits.

Thanks for the login recovery DK. Great to be back boys.

So sounds like you are considering adjusting draft based on how many players each person is keeping?

Yeah it was something I'd discussed before as a possibility, but I'm leaning towards just not bothering with figuring out the formula and then having to explain it in the event that something really cool happened. ย But if you're curious -- basically, the draft order would be a lottery. ย Something like 80-90% of your lottery entries would come from where you finished last year, with the worst team having the greatest chance of being #1 overall and so on. ย Then say like the other 10-20% of your entries would be based on a keeper "power ranking" of some sort. ย Teams keeping no one would get the highest weight in that order, with the team keeping the full 4 and earliest picks (say, rounds 3, 4, 5 & 6) getting the lowest weight. ย Follow me? ย It's kinda cool to think that something random could happen...

ย 

Really I'm just trying to find a way to "randomly" get Arian Foster again so that I can keep my team name.ย 

I like the lottery based on where you finished, but not tied to who you keep. ย Just my two cents, I'm down for anything though.

that sounds like a fun idea. ย After the shit-show of a season I had last year, I'd be thrilled with an (approx.) 85% chance at the top pick.

I like the lottery based on where you finished, but not tied to who you keep. ย Just my two cents, I'm down for anything though.

ย 

That's certainly easier for me to do. ย I'm gonna leave this here for my reference. ย http://www.fantasydraftlottery.com/

ย 

I forgot what site had the engine that I used to make the schedule last season. ย Dammit.

I like the weighted draft picks included into the draft whatever because I finished 3rd last year, haha.

Also because the earliest round guy I might keep is from the 5th round. Stevie Johnson in the 5th isn't bad value, but some of the other keepers I might want are possibly much better value.

Who's left to join, Pat?

How is this season still 51 days away.

I mean the nfl one, not fantasy.

Yeah ... we're missing Pat. ย Anyone talk to him outside of here? ย His email is hidden in the league so it's difficult to get another invite out to him (if not impossible) or to reach out to him. ย Initial invites went out on 5/31 and I can't send a new invite out to hidden addresses. ย He was last active on theboreds literally the day before (5/30). ย I sent him a PM on June 7.

ย 

If we can't get him on board soon then there will be an opportunity for someone new to take over his team. ย He did take James Jones with his 18th round pick, so there is that.