Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DK.

2012 Fantasy Football

695 posts in this topic

We'll decide on a website (yahoo or ESPN I imagine) to use their ADP.

So say you have a dude that you drafted super late that becomes awesome (Mixhail strategy alert!). So he's your 10th round guy or whatever. But his ADP for this years draft is 2 because you made such an awesome pick. Well he "depreciates" out of the 10th round. We can all decide on how many rounds to move him up, something like 8-10 round difference from ADP (2-10 in this case )he moves up 2 rounds (so he'd be your 8 round keeper in this example), 11-15 move up 4 rounds, etc. Just so some guy can't have all of his keepers chilling in the bottom rounds for the rest of eternity.

Already all over it...

LMK if you guys want to do a keeper. It could evolve into something cooler in later years, where you get up to 3 keepers that were not selected in rounds 1 or 2 and you lose the draft pick two rounds higher in the following year's draft. In other words, if you took DeMarco Murray in the 15th round last year, you could keep him this year in exchange for your 13th round pick. The following year, he'd cost you 3 rounds higher and then 4 rounds higher in the final year he is available to you as a keeper, unless he winds up being worth a 1st or 2nd round pick.

:)

Damn Chris Benoit needs to learn to read and stop being an asshole.

edit: what do you mean with final year he is available as a keeper? we can't just keep the same dudes with the upgraded round value?

Edited by Chris Benoit

he didn't go to USC, you're fucked.

brah my love affair with Aaron Rodgers started in college when he made 23 consecutive passes against an amazing 2004 USC team.

Anyway, keep working out the kinks guy cause I may borrow some of these ideas for my 14 team draft in a couple weeks. They wanna do a keeper league too but have no idea what they're doing. I still think drawing a draft order, then picking keepers, then starting the draft is the simplest way to go about it.

I kind of agree with that draft order plan. Although after this year I like the idea of doing the draft order based on standings, with last place getting first pick, etc. Although I'm soooo hesitant to reward teams for sucking... It isn't like our fantasy league really needs parity in the sense of an actual pro league.

Damn Chris Benoit needs to learn to read and stop being an asshole.

edit: what do you mean with final year he is available as a keeper? we can't just keep the same dudes with the upgraded round value?

I was thinking about putting a 3 season cap on them or something. Most of them will price themselves out by that time anyways because they'll be 1st or 2nd rounders, and no one drafted or valued in that range can be a keeper for anyone (after this season).

he didn't go to USC, you're fucked.

brah my love affair with Aaron Rodgers started in college when he made 23 consecutive passes against an amazing 2004 USC team.

Anyway, keep working out the kinks guy cause I may borrow some of these ideas for my 14 team draft in a couple weeks. They wanna do a keeper league too but have no idea what they're doing. I still think drawing a draft order, then picking keepers, then starting the draft is the simplest way to go about it.

What do you do with people who are new to the league? I mean, you can start completely fresh this upcoming season and do keepers next year, but the way I'm building it the "1st round" keepers this season have zero effect on the future anyways. It's inevitable that you replace owners.

I'm fine with there being no cap, if someone wants to keep someone with a 1-2 round value I have no problem with that.

And as for the new people, they just have their first round pick wherever it gets randomized? It could work out really well for them, or not. Hell, I took over some SHITTY team at the end of the year last season, so I feel like I'm almost in their boat. I didn't draft this monstrosity.

Maybe we should just keep it totally fresh this season?

edit: shit sorry I'm probably not totally comprehending what you're asking (I'm drunk 99% of the time I post on these boreds here....). New owners in the future will take over teams so they are essentially choosing keepers from existing rosters, kind of like what I did last season. I've done this in baseball plenty of times in my keeper leagues. Also I guess we should decide on if there is a cap to how long you can keep people, I told my friend it is a Dynasty league (no cap) so I should be straight with him if it is just keeper (no dynasty, yes homo).

Edited by Chris Benoit

Alright dudes I did a little work on the league... testing out Yahoo! to see if it handled everything I wanted to do. I think it's good... and this should be badass!!

Here are a few things for input on:

Divisions: Current idea has two 5-team divisions. Each team would play their own division twice (4x2=8 games total) and the other division once (5 games) for a total of 13 game season. Playoffs = 6 teams weeks 14-16. Playoffs could be seeded either by division rank or by overall record rank. Do we want divisions? Two divisions is only fair with 10 or 14 teams (play both divisions once). If we get to 12 teams, we'd do 3 divisions of 4, playing your own division twice and the others once (14 games), and playoffs being 3 division winners and a single wild card team in weeks 15 & 16. I actually like the 12 team idea the best.

Free Agent Acquisition Budget/Waiver: We're all getting older and while I think everyone here who wants in a league that's getting more complex is serious about it, we all can't be glued to a computer & TV and have a fair race to acquire the new hotness or mid-game injury replacement. And I know I'm one of the better at it, so I'm giving something up here. I just think it makes people drop out faster when they feel like they have a stud go down and they have no shot at the new flavor because they're having a Sunday afternoon lunch with the family. So, FA players will go on waivers when their game starts and be there until Tuesday. You'll have a $100 budget to bid on those FAs, so if you really dig Tim Tebow lighting it up week 1 and he's out there, you can silent auction bid on him... or you can chance him going without a bid and pick him up for free later in the week.

Draft Pick Trading: I am thinking YES.

I'm still working out the full constitution regarding keepers & later values, including how FA waiver pickups would be valued if they were chosen as keepers. I'm fine with keeping a player whose value has increased into the 1st & 2nd rounds, but 1st & 2nd round picks cannot be keepers (for reasons of competitive balance for future owners). For previous FA acquisitions, I'm thinking using the "projected" value the following season and that pairing with comparable draft pick. So like, I picked up Cam Newton last season as a FA and he's projected 13th overall this year, so I could hypothtically have him for my 2nd round pick. In other words, not really much reward for a FA pickup just because you beat everyone else out for the guy. I'm also going to have to work out values of players who were traded for, which I think I'll do something like double their previous draft position. So say Team A drafted Torrey Smith in the 20th round last season, but Team B really likes his steez, Team B could acquire Torrey Smith before the trade deadline and keep him for a 10th rounder the following season.

Draft time is looking like Tuesday, Sept 4 @ 7:30pm PDT/10:30EDT.

I like divisions (I hope we can get 12 teams as well) but it isn't a big deal. 12 teams is the only thing I feel strongly about truthfully. Like the FA bidding system, did that last year in another league and it worked out well.

I haven't signed anyone up yet... It's been a busy week/end for me.

Just throw your email in this thread or PM me if you're down. Cryptic is fine. If you were in my league last year you can just reply.

Yeah I'm sure I'll have a spot for your friend... Let him know shit is getting real!

Actually looking at the list of people interested, I'm not certain. You posted about him before and he sounds ideal so I'd love to have him. I think I've sent PMs out to everyone who wasn't in the league last year but has expressed interest. I'm waiting to hear back because I need serious people, not just whims. I'm dropping an owner or two from last year who neglected their teams, so I have 3 or 4 open spots. One is for donwayneleach.

If you think I need to hear from you please get in touch with me! And if you think you'll lose interest, please don't waste any of our time. I'm working pretty hard here on some imaginary magicland to build something lasting.

Edited by DK.

Thanks for the reply, Nick. It won't be the same without Dodgerbolts!!