The Walking Dead

601 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have the fiercest erection for this. Love everything that Robert Kirkman does, and love everything that AMC does. I've been waiting for this since the comic launched.

Posted · Report post

^fan-made opening credit sequence.

Like Sepinwall said, AMC should consider using this.

Posted · Report post

^fan-made opening credit sequence.

Like Sepinwall said, AMC should consider using this.

Very well made.

Posted · Report post

this looks every kind of awesome. I can't wait for it to come out.

Posted · Report post

I seriously love anything with zombies in it, definitely gonna check this out.

Posted · Report post

Okay now I feel better about it. The first trailer I saw looked like a complete rip off of 28 Days Later.

Posted · Report post

So stoked on this. My friend is a huge comic book fan, he drops these off at my desk whenever he's finished with em. I love it. I hope we see some zombie romance like we do with all the vampire shit.

Posted · Report post

clearly people struggle with searching...

here you go.

by the way... if you watch the pre-air... USE SPOILERS

Posted · Report post

Let it go, dude. The other thread came up at the top of the 1st page of the search. This one wasn't even on the 1st page on account of nobody merging threads and nobody posting in this one since September.

Posted · Report post

haha. just callin out the repeat thread. people do it all the time. plus it was called out the second post in that thread and there is no need for two. helps organize. not that uncalled for.

Posted · Report post

Just got done watching the premiere. This show will be nothing short of amazing.

Posted · Report post

Why is AMC so baller?

Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and now this?

The premiere is well shot, acted, and has some of the most beautifully made sets I've ever seen.

Also, I love how cable TV can be this gory.

Posted · Report post

That was awesome. This show is going to amazing, what a great first episode. I already like how there are some scenery changes within the first episode.

JNjdnsfjnsadfjasndfj I want more.

Posted · Report post

The sound design on this show is pretty amazing, as it should be on an AMC show. Even though we know Rick isn't in any real peril since he's the main character, I was so tense whenever he was the only human in the area. Great acting throughout by Andrew Lincoln and Lenny James (the guy from Snatch).

I was thinking that it'd be a sweet experiment if AMC made two versions of this show. The one that exists as is, and an animated version keeping in tone with those fan-made opening credits. The shows would be drastically different from each other but equally entertaining.

Posted · Report post

I am a huge zombie fan to begin with, so I knew this show would a no-brainer for me. But hot damn, it was glorious. I have nothing at all negative to say about the first episode, I've already watched it 3 times so far.

I'm contemplating reading the comics, but I dunno if I should watch the first season first or what. Any recommendations on that?

And I'm so glad to hear that it will be getting a second season. Since so many of my favorite shows are still on shaky ground for cancellation, I'm glad that I will at least have this and Game of Thrones next year. Now only if Fringe would get picked up, I'd be a happy man.

Posted · Report post

^

Naw, but the pre-air is floating around on the web.

It really is watchable.

My friend and I just threw it on a hard-drive and put it on our PS3. I'm not sure what the settings are on your guys' tvs, but it only took a little bit of tinkering to make it look good. I think it was vivd + upscale + cinema zoom.

It's good as hell.

Posted · Report post

I am a huge zombie fan to begin with, so I knew this show would a no-brainer for me. But hot damn, it was glorious. I have nothing at all negative to say about the first episode, I've already watched it 3 times so far.

I'm contemplating reading the comics, but I dunno if I should watch the first season first or what. Any recommendations on that?

And I'm so glad to hear that it will be getting a second season. Since so many of my favorite shows are still on shaky ground for cancellation, I'm glad that I will at least have this and Game of Thrones next year. Now only if Fringe would get picked up, I'd be a happy man.

I see what you did there.

Posted · Report post

I see what you did there.

Haha.

Ya, i took am confused as to how all of you have watched this already... but it's cool, i'll just wait to watch it on my nice HDTV.

Posted · Report post

^ A lot of bloggers/critics/other reviewers already have the first episode or two on a dvd screener. Naturally, the first episode found its way online, and has been available for download since then.

That being said, the quality is fucking awful. I watched 5 min, then decided to wait to watch it in HD.

Posted · Report post

Just watched this. The quality isn't that bad - better than most streams. Really didn't effect my enjoyment.

I'm not normally a big Zombie-movie fan but I have to say this was one of the better pilots I have seen recently. Really bloody good. AMC continues it's trend of developing amazing shows with terrific actors.

Posted · Report post

As much as I want to see this, I'm going to wait to watch in HD this weekend.

Posted · Report post

I'm going to re-watch it this weekend having already enjoyed its awesomeness once!