Cassidy

Khal Cass, Horse Lord

• Approved
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,301 posts
Posted With Pics  Member Reputation
  • LocationSouth Boston

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

yeah, these last couple episodes can blow me with this sickness bullshit.

I'm not down with it.

#582 weaves

weaves

Advanced Member

• Approved
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
will go through centuries...  Member Reputation

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

i gotta admit....the last ten minutes was excellent. finally some excitement.

waaaaay over the governor though. let's move to a new part of the country or something....

#583 The Deadly Rhythm

The Deadly Rhythm

sentient meat

• Approved
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

I am not excited to have the Governor back.  He should have died last season.

Things seem to be picking up a bit though last episode, the tension was there, but I don't know if they can sustain it through the entire season. 

I guess my big problem I still have with this show is that it has so much wasted potential.  There are so many interesting paths a zombie apocalypse show could take, but the producers/writers just seem content with rehashing the same ideas over and over again every season.  How many times are we going to have Hershel and Rick discuss the necessity to remain human while looking morose at each other.  Or whether or not everyone should be trained to shoot/knife zombies, or whether there is safety in the camp/the farm/Woodbury/the prison.  I just don't feel like this show is very good when it begins to confine all the characters in one place for so long. 

For me, the best bits of this show are when they are doing supply runs, escaping, or just generally moving forward, not being stuck in some place arguing about stupid shit.  I would have loved to see the focus of the show shift to something like that.  Cut away the useless characters, have them be more mobile running from the zombies, and you could have the encounter all kinds of cool settlements/outposts that bring about more dangers ect.  There's so much opportunity to show all kinds of crazy ways of life the people could be living out there (cults that worship the zombies, remnants of the military still searching for a cure, survivors trying to live on a cruise ship at sea, religious zealots, and all kinds of other ideas I'm sure they could come up with).  But they just insist on repeating the same stuff over and over again.  This show is in dire need of more variety in my opinion.

Maybe I'm off base, but if they are just going to stick around the prison for the next couple years, I'm going to get bored really fast.

Posted Image

#584 Mixhail

Mixhail

Advanced Member

• Approved
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,168 posts
  • LocationWalnut/Fullerton, CA

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

Pretty sure that all those Woodbury Survivors they adopted at the end of the last season will be dead by the end of this season. I find that hilarious for some reason.

"Later Dudes... S you in your As, don't wear a C, and J all over your Bs"

My blog... dig it.
http://athousandthou...way.tumblr.com/

Posted Image

#585 Mikey

Mikey

rebmeM decnavdA

• Approved
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationStockton

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

I am not excited to have the Governor back.  He should have died last season.

Things seem to be picking up a bit though last episode, the tension was there, but I don't know if they can sustain it through the entire season. 

I guess my big problem I still have with this show is that it has so much wasted potential.  There are so many interesting paths a zombie apocalypse show could take, but the producers/writers just seem content with rehashing the same ideas over and over again every season.  How many times are we going to have Hershel and Rick discuss the necessity to remain human while looking morose at each other.  Or whether or not everyone should be trained to shoot/knife zombies, or whether there is safety in the camp/the farm/Woodbury/the prison.  I just don't feel like this show is very good when it begins to confine all the characters in one place for so long. 

For me, the best bits of this show are when they are doing supply runs, escaping, or just generally moving forward, not being stuck in some place arguing about stupid shit.  I would have loved to see the focus of the show shift to something like that.  Cut away the useless characters, have them be more mobile running from the zombies, and you could have the encounter all kinds of cool settlements/outposts that bring about more dangers ect.  There's so much opportunity to show all kinds of crazy ways of life the people could be living out there (cults that worship the zombies, remnants of the military still searching for a cure, survivors trying to live on a cruise ship at sea, religious zealots, and all kinds of other ideas I'm sure they could come up with).  But they just insist on repeating the same stuff over and over again.  This show is in dire need of more variety in my opinion.

Maybe I'm off base, but if they are just going to stick around the prison for the next couple years, I'm going to get bored really fast.

I agree with pretty much everything you've included. Especially the ideas listed (not sure if they're from the comic or not). I'm still trying to figure out what will be so different with the spin off/sister show coming in 2015 (I think).

Posted Image

#586 The Deadly Rhythm

The Deadly Rhythm

sentient meat

• Approved
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

I agree with pretty much everything you've included. Especially the ideas listed (not sure if they're from the comic or not). I'm still trying to figure out what will be so different with the spin off/sister show coming in 2015 (I think).

Yeah, I'm afraid that the spin off is just going to be a way for AMC to milk this show for all they can at this point.  I haven't read much of the comic, pretty much only up to the stuff with the Governor, so no spoilers in my last post or anything, just some random ideas. 

I guess I can see that AMC won't want to mess up the current formula they have going right now since the ratings are so high.  Maybe the spin off would be willing to take some bigger chances with exploring the world at large, rather than just focusing on just one little part of it.  They could do so many cool things with this show, I feel like they are just wasting it's potential. 

Posted Image

#587 Mixhail

Mixhail

Advanced Member

• Approved
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

And we're seriously fucking back to where we were at the end of Season 3, but this time with better Governor character development and a tank. This show is seriously walking in circles.

My blog... dig it.

Posted Image

#588 weaves

weaves

Advanced Member

• Approved
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

i wish we had had this story for the governor when we originally met him....i guess there's part of me that likes seeing this evil dude, and then going backward after you get to know how evil he is, but i agree, this just makes it feel like we're just gearing up for the exact same thing all over again.

really like the governors story, though. its just plopped in the middle of a mess.

#589 weaves

weaves

Advanced Member

• Approved
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

i really enjoyed that "mid-season finale" (what a joke to call it that).

lots of action. great rick moments. brian finally gets michone's blade. finally some serious movement.

#590 Mixhail

Mixhail

Advanced Member

• Approved
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

Yeah on one hand, I'm glad that the finale finally wrapped up some storylines that needed wrapping up.

On the other hand, they really over did it with the shock deaths. A nice old man, kid and a baby all died in this episode for basically nothing. The Governor and Rick are just the shittiest leaders possible. But the bigger problem is that this show is so damn nihilistic. They hammer home the whole "if you do something nice or care about someone, you or someone you love will DIE VIOLENTLY ASAP" theme (if you can even call that a theme). This show isn't about anything, there's no overarching goal everyone is working toward and its getting pretty fucking old to see everything ultimately being completely meaningless. 

Otherwise I'm glad that the show separated everyone in completely random ways. Best of all is that Tyrese is stuck with those crazy girls, and you know its gonna turn out that one of them is the rat killer and that Carol was simply covering for them killing Karen. 

My blog... dig it.

Posted Image

#591 weaves

weaves

Advanced Member

• Approved
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

so did ricks baby actually die? i thought someone just took the kid on the bus (since the baby thing was empty). maybe i wasn't looking close enough?

#592 Stringer

Stringer

Advanced Member

• Approved
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

This series has some major shitty directing jobs in it. How in the hell does The Gov. standing atop a tank, shoot two zombies in the head from 30 yards away, yet his entire army of goons cant hit Rick with assault rifles while aiming at him for 10 minutes. Also, some of the ways these people put themselves into trouble while running from zombies are so so awkward.

I continue to watch this show, because ive seen it at its best and enjoyed the hell out of it then (id say the best run it had was the last half of season 2 and the first half of season 3), but every week its more of a chore to watch.

I hope they do something really interesting with the spinoff and not something as generic as a prequel.

Posted Image

#593 weaves

weaves

Advanced Member

• Approved
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

^amen to the not able to shoot rick thing. real bad

#594 Mixhail

Mixhail

Advanced Member

• Approved
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

Don't forget Michonne getting away like nothing as soon as the bullets started flying.

Funny how that Tara girl went from kind of an idiot for pretending to be tough, to the smartest person on the show for saying "fuck this I'm out" and leaving. I bet she has the baby too.

My blog... dig it.

Posted Image

#595 Mixhail

Mixhail

Advanced Member

• Approved
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,168 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:29 AM

So I'm pretty shocked that the show has been legitimately really good 2 episodes into the new season. I expected a major drop off after the premiere, because thats usually how the show tends to go, but last night's episode ramped up the craziness pretty quickly as well.

I think its getting alot better because they've killed off alot of the shitty actors and everyone left is pretty legit now. Hell, they now have 3 actors from The Wire on it.  Also they aren't stalling at all anymore... no way would I have guessed that the Terminus stay would just be contained within the first episode.

Spoiler

My blog... dig it.

Posted Image

#596 Cassidy

Cassidy

Khal Cass, Horse Lord

• Approved
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,301 posts
  • LocationSouth Boston

Posted Yesterday, 11:44 AM

I gave up on this show an episode or 2 in back in January or whenever it started up...I hear it looked improved now. But I don't know if I want to go back into this. It was boring, I hated just about every character, didn't like the comic book (still reading it). Daryl was my boy though.

Edited by Cassidy, Yesterday, 11:47 AM.