Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mixhail

The Olympics Thread

124 posts in this topic

Fact is, he has now won more medals than any other Olympian in history.

Why has it taken this long for that record of 18 medals to be broken if it isn't such a massive feat?

You Americans are nuts. If the guy was british, we would literally want to get rid of the queen right now and make phelps King!

Moving onto today however..

Wiggowednesday!

Team GB's first gold coming up. No way wiggins is not getting gold. Hasn't lost a time trial all year, him and team sky nailed the TdF and wiggins is just on top of the world mentally and form wise. Cannot wait for this one'

Nailed! Not so good just now though..6th! But..first gold!

I'm just looking forward to the men's time trial so mch right now! I wish I could eat food..I would enjoy eating food and drinking beer for this.

I think I need wiggins sideburns if I'm good to go on my cycling holiday Monday. They will make me faster.

Yeah that is unreal.

When I watch the gymnastics, specifically that event, I always wonder how the fuck they are keeping tabs on what the the fuck they are doing in the air! It happens so quick..they are special people.

I still don't get how she didn't get a perfect 10 for that. Guess she can later this week.

I definitely got swept up in Fab Five fever. They're gonna tour the US and be at the Honda Center on Sept. 16th so I'm kinda stoked for that. Plus professional boner magnets Nastia Luikin and Alicia Sacramone will be there too.

Edited by Mixhail

Wieber better than Gabby Douglas? Fuck outta here...

Can't wait for wrestling. JORDAN BURROUGHS, ALL HE SEES IS GOLD.

Also, fuck NBC for all their failures. Hope they never get the Olympics again. They got all they wanted out of this, a shit ton of money.

1. Install http://www.expatshield.com/ (do not install the toolbar)

2. Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video

3. Enjoy.

BBC streaming is how it SHOULD be done. 24 channels, all live, no BS restrictions.

Kayla FUCKING Harrison makes history as the first American - man or woman - to get the Gold in Judo. Fucking incredible.

After overcoming everything that comes with having been sexually abused, by a former coach, she fucking deserved and earned the big win. What a woman.

At the expensive of our woman..she was doing it for her dead mother Damnit!

Still, our first medal in judo for 12 years or something ridiculous, so we'll take that.

Up to 5th in the medal table today! Was actually cheering on our guy in shooting! Shooting!!! I never thought I'd get so into that. Gold nailed though!

If Usain Bolt could run a race while waving his arms back and forth, run a race backwards, do a race with his eyes closed, and do another like... three legged race... I'm sure he'd have as many medals as Michael Phelps.

There are way too many swimming events. Phelps is great, but I don't care that one skill gets you 20 medals unless those 20 medals are spread out over the course of three decades or something.

You guys are hard to please..

Not hard to please. I just don't want to diminish the accomplishments of a guy like Carl Lewis who excelled at multiple events over the course of 12 years just because a guy is good at swimming. Or Jesse Owens and Jim Thrope.

The diversity of skill it takes to win gold in a long jump and a 200m sprint is far more impressive than the diversity of skill it takes to swim several different ways.

And the skill it took for Thorpe to win the pentathlon and decathlon is right up there as well.

You guys are hard to please..

Not hard to please. I just don't want to diminish the accomplishments of a guy like Carl Lewis who excelled at multiple events over the course of 12 years just because a guy is good at swimming. Or Jesse Owens and Jim Thrope.

The diversity of skill it takes to win gold in a long jump and a 200m sprint is far more impressive than the diversity of skill it takes to swim several different ways.

And the skill it took for Thorpe to win the pentathlon and decathlon is right up there as well.

I like how people who have never been competitive swimmers say how similar swimming events are.

I like how people who have never been competitive swimmers say how similar swimming events are.

Either make a statement or don't.

Would you say the butterfly, breaststroke, backstroke and front crawl takes more diverse skills than a long jump, javelin throw, 200m run, discuss throw and 1500 meter run?

I'm not saying those swimming events are all the same thing. I'm saying other Olympians have impressed me more and didn't have the opportunity Phelps has to win as many medals.

If Usain Bolt could run a race while waving his arms back and forth, run a race backwards, do a race with his eyes closed, and do another like... three legged race... I'm sure he'd have as many medals as Michael Phelps.

I'd pay to see that.

If you win the Decathalon, I feel like that makes you the ultimate Olympian. That or Ninja Warrior.